Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Brand Loyal
|

Let's talk about Charlotte Tilbury..

I already have the Filmstar bronze & glow palette but looking into some of her other products.

Does anyone have any experiences they would like to share esp with her Light Wonder Foundation, her blush and the Airbrush Flawless Finish Powder? I'm interested in getting these three things but still on the fence about taking the plunge! 

Please let me know, many BTers opinions have helped me out on products before ๐Ÿ˜„ Thanks in advance!

Re: Let's talk about Charlotte Tilbury..

what does everyone think they will order from this collectionโ€ฆ.if anything?? I love the packaging!!!

I got the highlighter and the cheek/lip stain.  Both very subtle and both reminded me of the TF summer collection.  I never got the TF cream blush but the highlighter is very similar to the peach blush in the TF palette (a tad less peach).  Using the highlighter and the blush from CT the look seems similar to the TF cream blush.

I also just ordered the Bronze and Glow with the app on this thread...and it was $60 plus tax...but the tax was on the full $80.

I so wanted to avoid this collection.  I'm mixed on the brand.  But it's just so beautiful!!!  And I like these sort of subtle items best...they're what I end up wearing.

The blush might be too light for some, and it doesn't work as well as a lip color.

Thanks for the video! 

I too wanted this collection from when I first saw the promo pics but now I'm not sure if I need it if the TF ones you mentioned are dupes. 

Holt's won't get the collection until mid or later in July. The US prices seem high though (especially for the size of the cheek/lip stain) so I'll wait to see how much it is in Canada before I decide.

When you have a chance, could you please let me know how much product there is in each?

Thank you!

Yes!

The bronzer duo is $80, the lipsticks $32, the bags are $45 and $80 the highighter is $65, blush $58 and the whole collection is $385.  The have two looks for $250 and $270.

I never got the TF blush but did swatch it in store...so I could be slightly off.  But the highlighter is a little less peach than the lighter blush shade in the palette...similar.  And with the blush it has a similar look to the TF blush...that soft pink flush with a gold sheen.

The packaging is as beautiful as it looks online...

Can't wait to hear what you decide.

I'm glad I got the highlighter...and I like these sorts of blushes so I'll use it.  But the blush isn't a must have. 

Thank you!

Thank you so much for this -- I have the TF summer palette and the cream blush so it sounds like I can pass on the highlighter and cream blush from this one.  I am interested in the cream Bronze and Glow -- I'll be watching to see what you think of it. 

I agree, the brand is kind of a mixed bag which is tough when there are so few actual counters where you can give it a try.  It's also interesting that the reviews seem to be at both ends of the spectrum for the same products.  

For me personally. . . .

Love:

Sophisticate palette

Full Fat Lashes Mascara

Cheek to Chic blush in Love Glow

Filmstar Bronze & Glow

Fine:

The Classic eyeliner powder pencil in Audrey

Powder and Sculpt Brush

Didn't work for me: 

Magic Cream

Goddess Mask

Jury's out:

Wonderglow primer

Eyes to Mesmerize cream shadows

Lip Lustre in High Society

Totally agree the brand is tough.  I loved a few of the matte lipsticks...but my favorite shade has a very spotty formula.  At this price point just jumping is tough.  And some of the reviews are...not the most helpful...

Thanks for the list!!!

Megan, I am off to watch your video...

I loved the highlighter too.  I like subtle products, I am not one for high shimmer.  CT as a brand is very tough for me.  I like her regular lipstick formula, but only care for a couple of shades.  Of her base products, I like the Wonderglow illuminator a lot but the foundation was a complete fail for me.  

Truthfully, I find the brand a bit annoying, so it keeps me from being enthusiastic about trying them out.  Maybe thats unfair...but it is what it is.

I totally agree.

But I do like the matte lipstick and this collection is just so pretty!!!  But I likely won't be buying much from the brand otherwise.

This packaging...and I do like these types of products!

ST posted a disount code and now I have two more products.  Le sigh.

I have a video but the BT video link still isn't working so PM me if you want me to send you the link.

Thx you Megan. Are the highlighter and cream blush a must if I already had both on Tom Ford? Go to YouTube and watch your video now. ๐Ÿ™‚

I don't think they're a must if you have the TF. I'm partial to highlighters and love this one...so I'd recommend it...but it is very similar to that peach blush in the TF palette...a little less peach.  And the packaging is beautiful.

I prefer the TF product quality to CT but that's just me....

I'll probably pick up the highlighting powder compact when it shows up at Nordstrom. GC's photos and swatches had me swooning.

The cream Filmstar Bronze & Glow Suntan & Sunlight from the Norman Parkinson collection can now be purchased by itself for $80 on the CT website.

If you download and sign up for the Spring app, you can buy this at a discount using one of their welcome offers (either $20 off $75 or 25% any single item in the app). Thanks again to marlenecol for introducing this app in the Deals thread!

ok, found the app. But how do I access the welcome offer?  I don't see it...

ETA:  Yu, found it.  And now guess who will have two new products?  ST, I blame you!

Because I'm addicted to a discount.... I blame you Skintester!!!! Lol! ๐Ÿ˜‰

#sorrynotsorry hahaha!

HA! I'm actually excited about it too! The highlighter is beautiful. I did find out that it's the same highlighter in the regular Filmstar 

MrsB, the cream highlighter is the same as powder highlighter in filmstar?

Enabler you! Thx for this info. ๐Ÿ™‚

3 Replies
testing