Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Brand Loyal
|

Let's talk about Charlotte Tilbury..

I already have the Filmstar bronze & glow palette but looking into some of her other products.

Does anyone have any experiences they would like to share esp with her Light Wonder Foundation, her blush and the Airbrush Flawless Finish Powder? I'm interested in getting these three things but still on the fence about taking the plunge! 

Please let me know, many BTers opinions have helped me out on products before 😄 Thanks in advance!

Re: Let's talk about Charlotte Tilbury..

This is interesting. That bronze looks quite orangey. I tried the originals do the sculpt color did nothing on my skin. I'd at least swatch this. 

ST, I saw this and was a bit interested too.  But I plan to pass:

- It seems to be a cream product versus the previous filmastar duo.

- I think this set would suit deep skin tones really well.  The highlighter on this seems to have more colour than I wuld like.  The "sculpt" shade looks good.  But I don't contour.  Although this looks to be a bronzer more than a contour product.  The previous filmstar duo suited light - medium skin tones.  I feel like I am stuck in the middle with a medium/deep tone. 

I feel ya, GC. I'm just happy CT is expanding the color range to be more inclusive. It looks like this one is powder, as this is just a different shade of the original FB&G. A cream version is part of the Norman Parkinson Collection (FB&G Suntan and Sunlight). I quite like the original, though the packaging lacks the heft for the price.

I stand corrected!  I thought this was the Suntan/Sunlight thingy.  If it is in the powder form, at least I will make sure to check it out in the store.  I recently tried the original filmstar sculpt side to see if it would show up on me.  I couldn't tell....very faintly. 

I find CT products to be very beige.  Two of the SAs that work this counter can't wear her foundation as it doesn't run dark enough.  So I am happy to see more shades coming in.

True about Charlotte's focus on beige (the same way that TF focuses on pink). Both the CT luminous and matte lippies are heavy on beige and brown. It makes sense as Charlotte is all about the amped up natural look.

This is gorgeous, that's for sure!

IKR! Makes me want to eat a bag of salted caramels. Yum!

Norman Parkinson collection is now available on the US site up to "a week before general release". Here's the email:

CT Norman Parkinson.png

CT Norman Parkinson 2.png

Additional info from Total Beauty: 

The swoon-worthy collection is available June 26 at CharlotteTilbury.com, July 9 at Bergdorf Goodman and July 23 at Nordstrom, Net-a-Porter and BeautyLish. 

I read on FB that the Norman Parkinson collection is being released on her website June 26 exclusively. 

Wondering if it will be released in stores as well but at a later date. 

Has anyone heard anything else? Especially for Canadian stores in particular?

Did anyone in Toronto go to the CT launch tonight? Wish I lived in TO!

Uh oh. Thanks for telling us. I was figuring Nordstrom would get this. Gotta start stalking her site now. I really want that lip/cheek compact. 

I am really loving the Full Fat Lashes Mascara.  I'm surprised -- I can't remember the last time I really liked a mascara except maybe Lancome Definicils long ago.  It doesn't clump at all, it's buildable, it doesn't get hard and crispy and it doesn't smudge off on my upper or lower eyes throughout the day.  I live in a dry climate -- will have to test it in humidity and see if it does as well. 

i have not tried her foundation, but have the powder and its seriously amazing. it leaves your skin glowing without looking matte or shiny, i believe it has crusher mother of pearls. it feels lightweight and luxurious. I'm a beliver! its worth it. The blushes are also great, they are highly   pigmented so a little goes a long way. I currently have sex on fire and ecstasy, lusting for the first love. The package is beautiful and will last you a long time!! 

Events in Toronto for the CT Launch:

Tilbury Taxis: The revolution starts on Monday 22nd June with the Tilbury Transformation Taxi. The Tilbury Taxi is a one of a kind stretch British Hackney Carriage that will be taking to the streets of Toronto. Jump in for complimentary Tilbury Transformations (choose one of Charlotte's Signature 10 women for a full makeover) and Quick Tricks (a mini-tutorial focusing on complexion, eye, lip or contouring) from Team Tilbury, Charlotte's experienced team of world-renowned makeup artists who have worked backstage with her on many different celebrities and models. Log on to CharlotteTilbury.com to find out where the taxis will be from Monday 22nd - Friday 25h June:

Google+ Hangout: Charlotte and a panel of beauty and media experts including Alexandra Weston of Holt Renfrew, Jeanne Beker, Canadian television personality, author and newspaper columnist, Vanessa Kraft, Beauty Director at Elle Canada and Stacey McKenzie, International model, TV personality and CEO of Walk This Way Inc. will be taking to Holt Renfrew's Google+ channel on Tuesday 23rd June from 4-5pm to discuss the transformative power of makeup and Charlotte's motto; 'GIVE A WOMAN THE RIGHT MAKEUP AND SHE CAN CONQUER THE WORLD'. Join the conversation live by signing up here: http://holts.io/1BbIWgi.

Charlotte's 10th Woman: Win the opportunity to become one of Charlotte's 10 women, completing her signature "1 woman, 10 different looks." The winner will join Charlotte live at Holt Renfrew Bloor Street, on Wednesday 24th June, to model one of her famous 10 women makeup personalities. For more information please visit Charlotte's Facebook page: www.facebook.com/CTilburyMakeup

Artistry: Charlotte's team of world famous backstage makeup artists will be live in Holt Renfrew Bloor Street from Wednesday 24th June - Sunday 28th June. Complimentary 'Tilbury Transformation' makeovers and 'Quick Tricks' will be offered in celebration of Charlotte's stunning new counter at Holt Renfrew Bloor Street, which officially opens to the public on Monday 22nd June.

Be a Bloor Street Window Star: On Wednesday 24th June, to celebrate Charlotte's arrival in store, Team Tilbury will be offering select, hand-picked customers the opportunity to have their 'Tilbury Transformation' live in the windows of Holt Renfrew, providing a unique opportunity to be part of this momentous launch.

Live Red Carpet Makeup Secrets with the world's #1 makeup artist: Charlotte will be live in store at Holt Renfrew Bloor Street from 6-8pm on Wednesday 24th June supported by a spectacular cast of models, dancers and beauty influencers, as well as traditional London Guards! Charlotte will be revealing her Red Carpet secrets to Canada's makeup junkies with special guests from Hollywood and Canadian media. Music will be provided by DJ Natalie of Bellosound, sip on champagne and join in a moment of makeup history.

I had a great time a couple of days ago at the Houston Galleria CT counter at Nordstrom. The SA was pushing the skincare which I'm very iffy about. If anyone has experience with it I'd love to hear. I came away with samples of the magic cream, the goddess mask and the liquid highlighter sort of thing that I'm forgetting the name of right now. I'm not nuts about the scent -- I think it's supposed to be retro but to me it seems maybe a bit little old lady? Not sure. I have the sophisticate shadow quad which i really like -- great texture, very wearable colors. This trip I bought the full fat lashes mascara, the high society gloss (love the color and formula but the quantity for the price is pretty puny), the Audrey eye pencil and the film star bronze and glow. It's too early to really give a good review of anything but the lipgloss. I'm looking forward to seeing how everything performs. The SA tried the Norma Jean cream shadow on me and I didn't love it. She put it on with a heavy hand and it was very sparkly in that quantity. I'm pretty conservative about sparkle so it was way over the top for me. I think the Mona Lisa color is gorgeous though and it's still on my mind applied with a lighter hand. 

i want to try the mask but to me clay and hydration don't really go together and in the marketing bump i've heard it described as both...have you tried it out yet?

I use the Goddess Skin mask and it definitely is a "different" mask than most. It gets the gunk out but it doesn't suck all the moisture out--but it also doesn't dry as a mask, if that makes sense. Yknow how most masks "dry" to a hard crust? Well this never does. It stays wet on your face.  That's probably why it doesn't dry your skin out. 

I am on my second tube.

The con is the smell. It's not my cup of tea, almost perfumey. 

Anonymous Insider

The liquid highlighter sounds like Wonder Glow, and that is a seriously great product, so you should enjoy playing with it! I rather like the magic cream, but it is no better than the La Prairie, Zelen's, La Mer, Cult 51, and Omorovizca creams I already use, so I used up my sample, and did not purchase the full size ...

Yes, Wonder Glow!  Thanks ballerinagirl.  Okay, I'll give it a whirl.  I'm 43 with normal skin that's often dehydrated due to the climate where I live but is prone to breakouts at times.  Does that sound at all like you?  I have a sample of the La Mer Soft Cream but haven't sampled it yet.  I haven't tried the others you use (yet). 

Anonymous Insider

how are the eyes to mesmerize cream eyeshadows? has anyone tried them? 

The colors and finish are gorgeous. They have a similar look to Tom ford cream shadows but not quite as densely pigmented. Unfortunately, I found that they creased on me after about 4 hours, even with primer and I usually don't have an issue. 

would these cream eyeshadows dry out in the jar if not used often? (I would probably only use them for special occasions)

5 Replies
testing