Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Brand Loyal
|

Let's Talk About NARS!

A lot of the other big beauty brands have their own threads now, so I thought, why not NARS? Let's share news about new collections, feedback on products, etc here.

The audacious thread: http://community.sephora.com/t5/Lips/Show-Me-Your-Audacious-Collection/m-p/1695820#M10941

SPRING 2019:

Spoiler

5B03C763-5B66-43D5-B5CD-CAD2FFB20D6A.png4B8872CB-9B16-4C47-A6A8-A5A5EB2C60B9.png0343224C-CB77-46EC-86C7-1E6ECEF0E4E2.pngD1989960-1CCB-41F1-8BC9-A04A37EEA659.png75A2963F-9578-4410-B0E9-5F9A2E8C0EC2.png2D212BE6-6675-4764-A909-009E6B40173B.pngB41A18B5-0E0F-4B2F-930C-6AD6D4324D72.png

APRIL 2019: NARS x CONNOR TINGLEY

Spoiler

Have you picked up anything from the collection so far? Do tell!

Re: Let's Talk About NARS!

@MissPuff @mganeshaly The Poison Rose lip powder palette is unlike anything I've ever tried, so it's a little difficult to explain. It's sort of creamy powder with one neutral balm. I watched a video from Nars about the palette, and they mentioned that the powders can be used alone or intensified with the balm. So, I tried Damask (the fuschia shade) alone, and it was like a buildable, matte lip stain that applied smoothly and evenly. Then, I blotted with a tissue so I could try the powder with the balm, but the powder left a decent stain after blotting. Sure enough, when I applied the powder over the balm, I got a nice, opaque lipstick. I blotted with a tissue, and the lipstick still looks fresh, so it's definitely going to be long lasting. 

Here's a picture of Damask in action (no balm on top and with balm on the bottom). Ignore the complexion--it's a no makeup, work from home day!

E8880698-3C93-4EAF-9088-EB704EF11B8A.jpeg

@txcatx How cool! And how unique! The color looks great on you, with and without balm. Are the powders alone drying? This is so tempting...the colors are right up my alley too. I really want this now, hopefully a good ebates cash back will pop up while it's still available! 

@MissPuff I didn't find the lip powders extremely drying, but they seemed very slightly drying--no different than a lot of the matte liquid lipsticks out there, and definitely better than some of the liquid lipsticks I've tried (like the KVD one). I don't know when I'll use the shimmery lip color, but I think they did a great job of choosing colors for the palette.

@txcatx that's so interesting!! And that color looks great on you! Maybe I'll go for the lip palette instead of the eyeshadow palette. The packaging in this collection keeps making me want to have at least one of the items. 

Let us know what you think when you get to experiment wit...

Let us know what you think when you get to experiment with it! @txcatx

My Nars x Erdem order came today.  The mattes in the palette do not apply or blend well at all.  The lipsticks seem a little more greasy than the usual formula; they don't adhere well, meaning they are messy and go beyond the lip lines.

Moon Orchid looks like a 60's light pink at first, then settles into more of a pink/lilac color.  Definitely cool-toned.  Larkspur is a cool-toned purple. Photos taken in direct sunlight.

Moon Orchid, Larkspur, Fleur Fatale paletteMoon Orchid, Larkspur, Fleur Fatale paletteLarkspurLarkspurMoon OrchidMoon Orchid

Thanks for sharing!! The packaging is so pretty that I wa...

Thanks for sharing!! The packaging is so pretty that I was considering picking up that same eyeshadow palette. I may just pass on this one.

It's here!!!! Two pieces from the Nars x Erdem Collection. I'm going to pick up more eventually but I could not let the shadow palette and blush pass me by! Nars direct has some great samples right now too, so worth it 🙂 

inCollage_20180418_194915854.jpg

@MissPuff  Very nice!  I was happy to see those samples also.  I ordered the same eyeshadow palette.  The swatches look a little warmer than online, but still good.  Thanks for sharing!

@Ispend2much6 My phone camera pulls a little warm, the palette is indeed quite cool in person and just so so pretty 🙂 

@MissPuff  Thanks!  I have the same problem.

So pretty, @MissPuff! I ordered the lip palette, but it's taking forever to ship. How do you like that eyeshadow palette? It's the only other thing that's really tempting me right now!

@txcatx I'm still in the staring and ooooh-aaaahing phase of the eyeshadow palette, I'll hopefully have some time to play with it this weekend 🙂 Just the packaging alone is gorgeous! I'm so excited for your lip palette, it's on my list for second round purchases, I just have SO MANY lipsticks that I'm doing my best to cut back. Not sure how successful that will be...

They're beautiful,  @MissPuff!

Thank you @curlychiquita! This was the one collection I've been waiting for all winter and spring! 

RE: Let's Talk About NARS!

Mars Velvet Lip Glide

Re: RE: Let's Talk About NARS!

That's such a pretty shade on you, @Mochapj!

Re: RE: Let's Talk About NARS!

Thanks @quspork!

Temptalia swatches of the Erdem collection:

Screen Shot 2018-04-13 at 9.41.20 AM.pngScreen Shot 2018-04-13 at 9.40.48 AM.pngScreen Shot 2018-04-13 at 9.39.54 AM.png

I can't wait til the 30th! 

RE: Let's Talk About NARS!

More swatches of Erdem from Really Ree

3 Replies
testing