Your Basket is Empty
Sign in to see items you may have added previously.
See samples, rewards and promotions in .

Item Added to Basket

Free Shipping!

You're only $50.00 away from Free Shipping.

Post in Brand Loyal

Let's Talk About NARS!

A lot of the other big beauty brands have their own threads now, so I thought, why not NARS?

Let's share news about new collections, feedback on products, etc here.

The audacious thread:

http://community.sephora.com/t5/Lips/Show-Me-Your-Audacious-Collection/m-p/1695820#M10941

MARCH 2017 POP GOES THE EASEL:

Spoiler
3x Sheer Pop Multiples, 3x blushes, 4x Velvet Lip Glides

Motu Tane, Cote Basque, Navagio Beach (from Really Ree)
Screen Shot 2017-01-02 at 4.45.26 PM.png

Peep Show, Misconduct, Threesome (from Really Ree)
Screen Shot 2017-01-02 at 4.45.37 PM.png

Disruptor, Impossible Red, Bait, Suck

SPRING 2017: JETSETTER COLLECTION

Spoiler
Screen Shot 2017-03-01 at 1.34.57 PM.pngScreen Shot 2017-03-01 at 1.35.21 PM.pngScreen Shot 2017-03-01 at 1.35.38 PM.pngScreen Shot 2017-03-01 at 1.35.46 PM.pngScreen Shot 2017-03-01 at 1.33.51 PM.png

MAY 2017: CHARLOTTE GAINSBOURG COLLAB, ORGASM COLLECTION, LIQUID BLUSHES

Spoiler
Lip Tints
Screen Shot 2017-04-05 at 1.20.42 PM.png
Multiple Tints
Screen Shot 2017-04-05 at 1.21.18 PM.png
Kohliners
Screen Shot 2017-04-05 at 1.23.05 PM.pngScreen Shot 2017-04-05 at 1.23.14 PM.png
Velvet Matte Lip Pencils
Screen Shot 2017-04-05 at 1.24.13 PM.pngScreen Shot 2017-04-05 at 1.24.07 PM.png

JUNE 2017: FLORAL REDUX

Spoiler
Screen Shot 2017-05-29 at 10.21.19 AM.pngScreen Shot 2017-05-29 at 10.21.29 AM.pngScreen Shot 2017-05-29 at 10.21.37 AM.png
IMG_1785.PNGIMG_1784.PNG

JULY 2017: HIGHLIGHTING/BRONZING COLLECTION, POWERMATTE LIP PIGMENTS

Spoiler
IMG_1745.PNGIMG_1748.PNG
Screen Shot 2017-05-08 at 2.57.33 PM.png

AUTUMN 2017: VELVET MATTE STICK FOUNDATION, NEW AUDACIOUS LIPSTICKS AND COLOURED MASCARAS 

Spoiler
Screen Shot 2017-02-13 at 11.23.47 AM.png
Screen Shot 2017-07-05 at 11.28.09 AM.pngScreen Shot 2017-07-05 at 11.32.30 AM.png

Have you picked up anything from the collection so far?  Do tell! 

Re: Let's Talk About NARS!

@AshleyYVR yes they are - there's supposed to be 4 in total Smiley Wink

Oh, new multiples! I love those for traveling.

I love the lip glides so far. I'm pretty excited to see more shades! The pink looks like one I might have to grab.  And I really like the colours of three blushers here.  I'm excited too see how much summer they have or rather don't have.  I have no idea what 'pop goes the easel' means, but I'm loving this collection!

Do we know if this collection is an Asia exclusive, or will it be coming to the US?

@pek89 NARS posted on IG this morning that the pop goes the easel collection will be available in the US March 1.

@Mochapj Yay, thanks!!

The swatches @Vineetha mentioned from Makeupandbeautyblog

Screen Shot 2017-04-05 at 1.35.14 PM.pngScreen Shot 2017-04-05 at 1.35.24 PM.pngScreen Shot 2017-04-05 at 1.35.35 PM.png

I'm curious about the glow tints but I KNOW I'm going to be somewhere in between Light and Medium, what a weird jump...

@malday

I am very interested in the Glow Tints as well.  It is the type of product I would get plenty of use out of.   I am not sure if I could use a Medium, or I might need the Medium-dark (or perhaps in between).

I wonder why PR packages did not include the Medium-Dark tint.  I have found plenty of swatches of the 3 glow tints, but not the darkest one.  

@greenchilli This is actually from the Nars site itself and you may have seen it, but given the Glow Tints page won't load for me via the site right now, may be worth a shot. (Pure white background either very helpful or not helpful at all.)upload_4765372032550151205.jpg

@kathmb

I saw that picture as well - some blog had captured it.  Thanks for sharing. :-)

The #3 looks too light, and #4 looks a bit dark for me.  I am sure since these are tinted creams that they would accommodate a wide shade range.  I just not sure if my shade will be covered by #3 or #4.

If there were reviews by folks with deeper tones, I could have an idea...

Honestly, I'm pretty convinced at this point that the Medium-Dark was a last minute addition when they realized that it wasn't on-brand for Nars to have no darker colors. No bloggers seem to have it and all the promo shots show three bottles of the Hydrating Glow Tint, not four.

@tamikat I've been wondering if it's because the product is so sheer that it barely shows up at all on the lighter bloggers I've seen.  If it barely shows on them, what hope is there it would show up on a darker complexion.

In the past I haven't seen NARS working with many darker skinned bloggers.  I wonder why that is...?

@Mochapj

I like the idea of this collection a lot!  I have my eye on Alice, Jeanette, a Glow Tint (if I can find more swatches of all shades), and Blindfold.

I don't wear NARS Velvet matte lip colours as I find them drying.  But Blindfold is so beautiful, I might make an exception.

IMG_20170427_112759.jpg

Hit pan (and THEN SOME) on shade IV from the Sarah Moon Give in Take palette already! I would probably otherwise feel accomplished, but now I am kind of sad I did this to this awesome LE palette......

Beautiful palette.  That shade would be the one to go first for me too.  Looks like a nice, buttery, all over neutral.

@KatieKabamyou know what i love more than a perfectly curated and designed makeup item ? a much loved and used perfectly curated and designed makeup item !

i totally understand the resistance to using LE things, they feel precious and why would we want to, essentially, destroy preciosity ? but we live once, and i find it rather tragic to leave things unused for the sake of sentimentality. enjoy !!!!!! <3

Thank you, @jemly, for the positive perspective! You are so right.

51GCnpIbO+L._UX425_.jpg

@KatieKabam - love that movie!

And definitely no regrets - I love that you have loved and used this palette!  I'm always too afraid to use my limited edition items, which is silly - I should enjoy them!  Smiley Happy

You are so right! I tend to try to preserve them but like you said, for what?! Need to use those babies up Smiley Very Happy 

This palette was definitely well worth your money @KatieKabam

I come here just for this picture. Smiley Happy Dont be sad.  It is well loved.  What good would it be if a good palette just sitting there and collect dust? I want to do that with all my loved items actually Smiley Wink

2 Replies