Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Brand Loyal
|

Let's Talk About NARS!

A lot of the other big beauty brands have their own threads now, so I thought, why not NARS? Let's share news about new collections, feedback on products, etc here.

The audacious thread: http://community.sephora.com/t5/Lips/Show-Me-Your-Audacious-Collection/m-p/1695820#M10941

SPRING 2019:

Spoiler

5B03C763-5B66-43D5-B5CD-CAD2FFB20D6A.png4B8872CB-9B16-4C47-A6A8-A5A5EB2C60B9.png0343224C-CB77-46EC-86C7-1E6ECEF0E4E2.pngD1989960-1CCB-41F1-8BC9-A04A37EEA659.png75A2963F-9578-4410-B0E9-5F9A2E8C0EC2.png2D212BE6-6675-4764-A909-009E6B40173B.pngB41A18B5-0E0F-4B2F-930C-6AD6D4324D72.png

APRIL 2019: NARS x CONNOR TINGLEY

Spoiler

Have you picked up anything from the collection so far? Do tell!

Re: Let's Talk About NARS!

@Anonymous I switched up the names at first - I just fixed them. I am so happy with both of them! I'm looking for dupes in my collection now.

Did anyone else get a couple of these postcards in the mail from Nars with promo codes that don't seem to work?

IMG_6676.JPG

I got one but I haven't tried it yet. Maybe now that the sale is over it will work? I'll have to take a closer look.

Temptalia posted swatches of the 2 palettes 🙂

narsunfiltered1a.jpg

narsunfiltered1b.jpg

narsunfiltered2a.jpg

narsunfiltered2b.jpg

LOTS more detailed swatches on her blog!

I wasn't too sold on both of these, but now I'm having second thoughts. The colors look so nice for both palettes and I'm a fan of the whole range (except maybe exhibit a...)

Exhibit A is not as scary as it looks. I've used it on lighter skinned women before with gorgeous results. Just use a stippling brush.

I'm not anywhere near my Nars collection but a lot of these look dupable within the perm line

watch me looks like albatross 

me first looks like gilda or gina

takeover looks like one of the ones with 'law' in the name  ( outlaw, unlawful?)

out there looks similar to almeria

Power play looks like desire

Conquest looks similar to sex appeal

the only shades in both palettes that seem unique to my eye are the berry shade in each and possibly undefeated 

@MochapjThat's what I thought too that's why I skipped on this. What do you think for a dupe for that berry shade blush? That's the only one that caught my eye.

@friedrice I'm out of the country at the moment (aka nowhere near my blush collection) but off the top of my head the closest thing I can think of in my collection that might match that berry shade is a laduree petal I own in shade 04.

I have Unlawful, and I believe Albatross. My palettes will supposedly arrive on Wednesday so I can check then.

Very excited for I! Was undecided on II but glad I didn't get it after these swatches. I love the looks of Hot Sand but I don't think I'll get much use out of the top row of pink shades.

I'm going to have to figure out how best to apply Exhibit A without looking like a clown...

@k617 1 looks pretty unique, but I don't have *alot* of blush (and I'm a fan of NARS) - so I ordered both. Other than a few L&Bs, these were my only Black Friday beauty purchase.

I feel the same way about Exhibit A O.O. If you go to the product page, there is a video of a gorgeous WOC applying it and it is *BOLD* on her! I think there are some fairer ladies on BT who own it - hopefully they can help us 😄

@Libellules I have a lot of blush, and I still ordered it + the Hourglass blush palette 😄 I keep telling myself I don't need any more blush, but it's hard to stop!

I think if I go in with a fluffy brush, a light hand and diffuse it thoroughly, it'll give a nice natural flush!

i can't stop ordering blush either...treated myself to the hourglass palette since i love the first blush palette they did!

i'm hoping the new hourglass blush palette will be just as good and the perfect winter blush palette!

@flyte I missed the first one, so this will be my first Hourglass blush palette!

New NARS primers - Jan 1st 2017 more info + source: Really Ree

nars-primers-review-radiance-pore-shine-control-smooth-protect-650x434.jpg

Radiance, Pore & Shine Control & Smooth & Protect

i wonder how the radiance primer compares to the current light optimizing primer (that i lovvvve) ? are the original primers getting discontinued ?

original primers are being discontinued.

The new radiance primer is better than the current light optimizing primer ! It's amazing! I got to play with it at seminar in July 🙂 

She didn't mention anything about the old being discontinued. Maybe we will know more in the next few weeks.

Here's the link for the Nars Unfiltered Palettes!

http://www.sephora.com/narsissist-unfiltered-cheek-palette-P97635457?skuId=1860717

As lovely as these are, I have already drained my wallet on the Sarah Moon collection. And I regret nothing.

3 Replies
testing