Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Brand Loyal
|

Let's Talk About NARS!

A lot of the other big beauty brands have their own threads now, so I thought, why not NARS? Let's share news about new collections, feedback on products, etc here.

The audacious thread: http://community.sephora.com/t5/Lips/Show-Me-Your-Audacious-Collection/m-p/1695820#M10941

SPRING 2019:

Spoiler

5B03C763-5B66-43D5-B5CD-CAD2FFB20D6A.png4B8872CB-9B16-4C47-A6A8-A5A5EB2C60B9.png0343224C-CB77-46EC-86C7-1E6ECEF0E4E2.pngD1989960-1CCB-41F1-8BC9-A04A37EEA659.png75A2963F-9578-4410-B0E9-5F9A2E8C0EC2.png2D212BE6-6675-4764-A909-009E6B40173B.pngB41A18B5-0E0F-4B2F-930C-6AD6D4324D72.png

APRIL 2019: NARS x CONNOR TINGLEY

Spoiler

Have you picked up anything from the collection so far? Do tell!

Re: Let's Talk About NARS!

@Mochapj - okay so if you could only get 1 palette which one would you do - this upcoming DI dead of summer palette or True Story? I need to look up swatches of true story to see if it would work with my skin tone....

@niki172 it depends.  Do you prefer bolder color or more muted shades?

(Dead of Summer is last year's holiday palette, I think the one you mean is the Narsissist dual intensity?)

Also, it probably depends on what (if any) NARS blushes you already own.

The True Story palette contains 2 existing blush shades (Devotee and Outlaw) and the Recurring Dare contains Albatross and Sex Appeal.  It may be tough to find swatches of these 2 palettes yet, since they aren't coming out until October, I believe.  

I believe there's also another palette for Sarah Moon that we posted photos of below that has both blush and eyeshadows?

Another thing to consider is if you've tried or like the dual intensity blush formula.  I like it, but some people find it too shimmery/metallic. 

I think if you like bolds, the dual intensity palette is a good choice.  But if you want something more natural, the True Story would be more suitable.

Our local department store got their stock of the DI palette early, so I have one arriving today.  Will post some more swatches once I get it.

@Mochapj I actually don't own any DI blushes, but do own "normal" Nars blushes. I googled the 2 shades you can see in the one palette that has outlaw and devotee and those shades look so pretty. I'm curious about the other 2 shades hopefully someone will release swatches soon.

I'd love to see swatches of your DI palette when you get it/have a chance. I like a bit of an impact color wise with my blushes, but I'm not sure if I want real shimmery blushes (hence why I returned Becca's foxglove. While pretty it just had too much glitter).

@niki172 will do!  I have a feeling it will probably arrive after I leave for work, but there should still be enough light out when I get home.

If you like impact, I think True Story is probably it.  The DI blushes aren't as shimmery/glittery as those new Becca ones, but they are definitely more shimmery than 'normal' NARS blush.

Outlaw is a really pretty slightly shimmery almost cranberry shade, and Devotee has been on my favorite highlighter list for years, so I'm super excited that it's making a comeback... it gives me hope they could release it as a single like they did recently with Goulue 🙂  Devotee is a whitish highlight, but it has this amazing rainbow shimmer effect to it... it's just ahhhhh 😄

@Mochapj - true story sounds super awesome especially Devotee. Thanks so much 🙂

Quoted from Bubbly Michelle's press release text;

These new lipsticks strike a perfect balance between softness & strength, coverage and comfort in a full range of colours. Laced with NARS’ Oil Infusion Complex, this hybrid lip colour combines the fluidity & effortlessness of a gloss with the coverage and comfort of a lipstick. Oil Infusion Complex also allows for a smooth-glide effect, instantly delivering saturated colour with sensorial comfort.

So, in fact they do sort of sound like the Shiseido Lacquer Rouges.  And given that NARS is owned by Shiseido, that would not surprise me at all.  

@Mochapj do you know how much these are? They are apparently SGD45, but it doesn't make sense for USD or CAD when converted exactly.

@Cupcakecandy I haven't seen any North American bloggers mention them yet, so I'm not sure.

I imagine it will probably be in line with the pricing on this summer's lip covers, which are in the mid $30s here.

that's what i was thinking too. makes sense !!

Screen Shot 2016-07-14 at 12.21.49 PM.png

Oh my goodness! Unlaced is calling me! Idk why I'm usually not attracted to light nude colors. Unspeakable is also gorgeous...and play pen

image.png

As much as I LOVE NARS Orgasm blush, I find myself reaching for deep throat more often, it goes perfectly with my skin tone! I love all of NARS through, the first products I ever bought at Sephora were NARS, always a special place in my heart!

My heart is so excited for all the upcoming new releases in fall and holiday collections. I'm swooning.

Anonymous Insider

Can't live without my NARS Concealer! Seriously if I was stranded on a deserted island it would be one of my three items. 

Contour sticks

image.png

Maybe the double ended sticks will launch soon too fingers crossed!

The contour sticks are the double ended sticks I'm pretty sure🙂

Yes, these are the double ended sticks @KMariel @Cupcakecandy

i posted some other photos of these a few pages back

From what I've seen there are 3 sticks; each with a contour end and a highlight end.  Trendmood has also posted swatches (which I thought I've posted) a while back.

one is Laguna/hot sand, one is new shades and I think the third was copacabana highlight and a new contour. 

Wow that's awesome! I'm really excited for the rose gold one then! I hope these stay around $40! 

testing