Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Brand Loyal
|

Let's Talk About NARS!

A lot of the other big beauty brands have their own threads now, so I thought, why not NARS? Let's share news about new collections, feedback on products, etc here.

The audacious thread: http://community.sephora.com/t5/Lips/Show-Me-Your-Audacious-Collection/m-p/1695820#M10941

SPRING 2019:

Spoiler

5B03C763-5B66-43D5-B5CD-CAD2FFB20D6A.png4B8872CB-9B16-4C47-A6A8-A5A5EB2C60B9.png0343224C-CB77-46EC-86C7-1E6ECEF0E4E2.pngD1989960-1CCB-41F1-8BC9-A04A37EEA659.png75A2963F-9578-4410-B0E9-5F9A2E8C0EC2.png2D212BE6-6675-4764-A909-009E6B40173B.pngB41A18B5-0E0F-4B2F-930C-6AD6D4324D72.png

APRIL 2019: NARS x CONNOR TINGLEY

Spoiler

Have you picked up anything from the collection so far? Do tell!

Re: Let's Talk About NARS!

Swatches of some new lipsticks for fall - not sure but one of them sort of looks like the Sarah Moon audacious preview...

image.jpeg

😮 The first 2!

Absolutely wretched snapchat photos via Spectra of the new contour duos - looks like there are 3:

Screen Shot 2016-06-24 at 7.48.07 AM.pngScreen Shot 2016-06-24 at 7.48.24 AM.png

More pictures from Spectra, which confirms those double ended sticks I posted a few days back, and possibly some new Audacious'...

Screen Shot 2016-06-23 at 8.18.08 AM.png

More photos of the fall Velvet Lip Glides, via Spectra.

Screen Shot 2016-06-22 at 9.14.30 AM.png

I have a question for everyone!  What's everyone's favorite NARS eyeshadow duo?

I've wanted to buy my first one for a while and I planned on getting Isolde, but I don't know.  It's beautiful, but I feel like I have other similar shades.  I can't decide...

I'm curious what everyone's personal fav duo is. 

My favorite depends on whether I want warm toned or cool toned.

For warm, it's St Paul de Vence, and for cool it's Vent Glace.

Isolde is gorgeous, though, so you wouldn't be going wrong with it, either.

I really love St Paul de Vence but I thought that the shades looked too similar.  Glad to hear you like it though!  I might have to add it back to my list...

More swatches of the survival palette from makeup and beauty blog

image.jpeg

Thanks for posting!

I am dying over Soft Tulle and Titan. Reeally wish there was more variety between the two middle shades though.

I don't buy blushes or blush palettes often, but this one looks really good because I'm really into the layering blush over highlighter right now!

Very pretty - thanks for sharing @Mochapj 🙂

Gorgeous! I just had a chance to glance through Nordstrom's anniversary sale beauty catalog, and there was a 6-pan (regular non-DI formula) palette with 4 blushes, a highlight and a bronzer. It included Orgasm &  Laguna along with a couple more familiar names that I cant recall though. I much prefer the DI cheek palette over that.

Oh for the love of God - Orgasm and Laguna yet again.  Not surprised.  I suppose these palette are geared for those that only buy occasionally or are new to the brand and the rest of us beauty connoisseur have to deal with doubles if we so choose.

Pretty.  And I would use all of these colors.  This just might be my first Nars blush palette

Temptalia had swatches of the Survival Kit blush palette in the gallery:
Screen Shot 2016-06-19 at 7.25.35 PM.png

For the longtime NARS fans, I did some quick comparisons within her gallery, and;

Shade 1 (3rd frame) is pretty similar to Craving

Shade 2 (4th frame) is pretty similar to Goulue 

Shade 3 is (1st frame) is a more pigmented Adoration

Shade 4 (2nd frame) is quite close to Almeria and Gilda

I neeeeed this. Thanks, @Mochapj, for collecting the details so diligently! ♥

So far I don't have a single NARSissist palette (or really any NARS palette beyond duos), so I'm excited about it.

I thought the 4th shade would be similar to Laguna, but Gilda?! YAY @Mochapj it was one of your recommendations when i was looking for a shade similar to TF Afternooner. I will most likely get this 😄

@TriesToBoClassy I find the difference in shades from the promotional material vs the swatches on Temptalia to have much greater disparity than usual.  I also was expecting the 4th shade in the palette to be more brown, but from her swatches it is a rusted coral orange.

Yes, that is odd. Moreover the promo material states 'four new shades including a highlighter, blush, and two contouring tones', but none of the swatch colors look like a contouring tone, and only one does in the promo images.

@Mochapj - if you don't have any of these colors (minus the Rouge blush gift) would you pick this up especially since they're DI blushes? Thanks for the swatches.

testing