Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Brand Loyal
|

Let's Talk About NARS!

A lot of the other big beauty brands have their own threads now, so I thought, why not NARS? Let's share news about new collections, feedback on products, etc here.

The audacious thread: http://community.sephora.com/t5/Lips/Show-Me-Your-Audacious-Collection/m-p/1695820#M10941

SPRING 2019:

Spoiler

5B03C763-5B66-43D5-B5CD-CAD2FFB20D6A.png4B8872CB-9B16-4C47-A6A8-A5A5EB2C60B9.png0343224C-CB77-46EC-86C7-1E6ECEF0E4E2.pngD1989960-1CCB-41F1-8BC9-A04A37EEA659.png75A2963F-9578-4410-B0E9-5F9A2E8C0EC2.png2D212BE6-6675-4764-A909-009E6B40173B.pngB41A18B5-0E0F-4B2F-930C-6AD6D4324D72.png

APRIL 2019: NARS x CONNOR TINGLEY

Spoiler

Have you picked up anything from the collection so far? Do tell!

Re: Let's Talk About NARS!

@TKLJ I'm pretty sure that's the real reason I bought Mata Hari. I think it's so cool.

I'm pretty much a sucker for cool names like that. I really want something like historical fiction makeup collections. I'd buy EVERYTHING. I keep trying to resist the CT cream shadows named after Marie Antoinette and Cleopatra for this reason. But if someone created an entire, themed Marie Antoinette collection, I'd be helpless and poor. 

More odd than Deep Throat? 😆

Well, Linda Lovelace wasn't brought before a firing squad, so ... 

LOL, it's funny you mention that @TKLJ- I never actually considered they may have meant her re: Deep Throat.

I'd always assumed they were going with the generally 'risqué' s*x theme..

That's what I thought of too. The latter, I mean. Doubt it has to do with Watergate. Wonder what that color would look like? Not attractive.

I actually live right by the parking garage where they met to transfer documents and stuff. It is not attractive. It is a parking garage, and therefore a general dingy grey.

The Nars Watergate collection. Everything is gray (the building, the color of paper the WaPo is printed on, shades of gray as in moral issues ...). There are a few pops of color: red (editor's notes) and orange and green (because '70s). Wait, I'm really loving this idea. Get me a Z palette, I'mma make my own!

😄 @TKLJ (a heart is not enough for the chuckle I am getting :P)

More swatches for anyone interested

20160423_171502.jpg20160423_171406.jpg

Liberation, Sexual Content, Topless, Tan Lines

Wearing Topless, Tan Lines, and the pink from Sexual Content

20160423_175950 (2).jpg

Pretty!

Amazing!!!

@kso1225 - Love them all, thanks for posting. I think your look is very flattering and your brows are amazing!

These all look lovely on you!

Thank you! I was a little disappointed with Topless because it was kind of chalky. It applied better with my finger than it did with a brush.

Anonymous Insider

Just a small question for Nars people (?)!!!

I have several DI shadows, and I have Kari too.

Is it that Kari's more matte compared to many other DI shadows, or is it mine only? 0.0

@Anonymous Kari is definitely a satin matte

Anonymous Insider

@Mochapj Oh okay!! I love it, but it was just different from the ones (older shades, the first-released ones) I have! It's so easy to use...

Just here to say I am so in love with the "Luster" blush ❤️ One of my all time blushes for sure.

i used to never wear blush, and luster was the first blush i bought (after discovering BT of course). it's glorious. 

Agree! I have Luster (along with Madly) pulled to wear tomorrow. Yes, I'm a crazy person who sets out what I'm going to wear hours and hours in advance of the next day. 🙂

anyone have any insight as to why the pressed light reflecting powder is listed as 'new' on sephora's site ? (it's also OOS). i'm wondering if it has been reformulated slightly ? (i think the biggest criticism of this powder is that it's hard to "break through" and get product on a puff / brush). 

testing