Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Brand Loyal
|

Let's Talk About NARS!

A lot of the other big beauty brands have their own threads now, so I thought, why not NARS? Let's share news about new collections, feedback on products, etc here.

The audacious thread: http://community.sephora.com/t5/Lips/Show-Me-Your-Audacious-Collection/m-p/1695820#M10941

SPRING 2019:

Spoiler

5B03C763-5B66-43D5-B5CD-CAD2FFB20D6A.png4B8872CB-9B16-4C47-A6A8-A5A5EB2C60B9.png0343224C-CB77-46EC-86C7-1E6ECEF0E4E2.pngD1989960-1CCB-41F1-8BC9-A04A37EEA659.png75A2963F-9578-4410-B0E9-5F9A2E8C0EC2.png2D212BE6-6675-4764-A909-009E6B40173B.pngB41A18B5-0E0F-4B2F-930C-6AD6D4324D72.png

APRIL 2019: NARS x CONNOR TINGLEY

Spoiler

Have you picked up anything from the collection so far? Do tell!

Re: Let's Talk About NARS!

Can't blame you - they're all really pretty. Even if a specific color isn't your cup of tea 😉

I want to try the dark purples but am afraid of them. Maybe next winter. Which ones are your favorites?

I really like Phoebe actually! On the surface, it looks similar to other purples I like, but it has a nice warmth to it :).

My favorite is Pasiphae, but I love duochromes. I find it really easy to wear and can be applied with a light hand for any time of day / occaision.

And of course, Cassiopeia because who doesn't like unicorns?

You had me curious about Kari...

Temptalia has swatches in the gallery:

Screen Shot 2016-03-27 at 12.43.10 PM.png

Screen Shot 2016-03-27 at 12.44.16 PM.png

Overheated looks beautiful, but I'm hesitant because of this "Lip Cover" formula....liquid? not? inquiring minds want to know!

I'm also very curious - eyeing Get Dirty, but liquid lipsticks are hit or miss for me. 

They sure look like liquid lipsticks based on the images.

I adore NARS lip glosses, though, so I'll probably give it a go!

I know...T's swatches look very thick/heavy.....

Finally swatches of the blushes and the eyeshadows!! I've been stalking no joke 🙂 I might just get both blushes and the eyeshadows as well cause I know from experience that once I start playing with them wet with my own brushes that  I am going to love them.  As pretty as the swatches are, I always find that pictures never do quite capture how these will look once properly blended in real light and on my own skin tone.  The DI formula, hoping these will be in the same vein as previous releases, take on a life of their own once applied wet/blended. Gorgeous!

Hmmmmmm - members only looks pretty, but her swatches of deep end and pool shark don't look as vibrant as v0ltagekid's - maybe it's the lighting. As being fair skinned I hope these will be darker.

Being fair skinned as well I'm hoping they'll be darker as well. 

I wasn't expecting SC to be so sheer/:

Was just  running in here to post. I'm surprised by how sheer Sexual Content is. 

i've been a bit MIA this week....is the lip cover a whole other new lip product as well as the velvet lip glide ?? i've completely missed what these are !

Promo photos have shown both being in matte black liquid lipstick type tubes.  

Not sure if they changed the name, or whether they are 2 different types of products.  For sure these lip cover swatches look way different than I'd read about them/expected them to be.

We have someone who works for NARS that comes to this thread - perhaps she might know? 😉

Temptalia just has them described thusly;

Rich and lustrous Lip Covers dress to express with saturated slicks of coastal color.

lip covers are like a thick gloss. Hold on let me find the book! brb

I have swatches of two of them,  the tube is black like velvet finish, kinda like the compacts. IMG_7876.jpgIMG_7882.jpgIMG_7883.jpgIMG_8999.JPG

Thank you for posting this!  Now I am really intrigued!  Definitely want to check these out!  (But who am I kidding, I'd buy them for the packaging alone...).  🙂

The finish on them + the description sort of reminds me of the texture of Shisheido's Laquer Rouge. 

Yea sorta...we didn't get a chance to try them on the lips, but they swatched like a thick gloss without that much shine. Very opaque and smooth. I liked them a lot! 

A list of the summer release items, with names attached;

Dual Intensity Blush ($45)
* Liberation – Shimmering light pink with caramel rose
* Sexual Content – Sandy peach with soft raspberry

Dual-Intensity Eyeshadow ($29)
* Topless – Seashell pink
* Pool Shark – Iridescent periwinkle
* Deep End – Shimmering teal-green
* Tan Lines – Rich hazelnut

Loose Lips ($28)
* Do Not Disturb – Vivid orange-red