Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Brand Loyal
|

Let's Talk About NARS!

A lot of the other big beauty brands have their own threads now, so I thought, why not NARS? Let's share news about new collections, feedback on products, etc here.

The audacious thread: http://community.sephora.com/t5/Lips/Show-Me-Your-Audacious-Collection/m-p/1695820#M10941

SPRING 2019:

Spoiler

5B03C763-5B66-43D5-B5CD-CAD2FFB20D6A.png4B8872CB-9B16-4C47-A6A8-A5A5EB2C60B9.png0343224C-CB77-46EC-86C7-1E6ECEF0E4E2.pngD1989960-1CCB-41F1-8BC9-A04A37EEA659.png75A2963F-9578-4410-B0E9-5F9A2E8C0EC2.png2D212BE6-6675-4764-A909-009E6B40173B.pngB41A18B5-0E0F-4B2F-930C-6AD6D4324D72.png

APRIL 2019: NARS x CONNOR TINGLEY

Spoiler

Have you picked up anything from the collection so far? Do tell!

Re: Let's Talk About NARS!

So exciting! Thanks for the info 🙂 

My Nordstrom is having its Beauty Week event beginning April 8 (I believe it's a national event and other locations will schedule theirs around that time as well). Here's the scoop on the GWP, which I imagine will be similar at all the stores: $125 for a mini Orgasm multiple, Laguna bronzer, Chelsea Girl lipgloss, and a makeup pouch. So basically things I have zero interest in.

Last year the Nordies event was the day before the Sephora spring sale, so I imagine it will be similar this year (assuming there's a spring sale, never know with how Sephora's been lately!). Anyway, I was going to shop at Nordies to earn 2x points and maybe the GWP, but since the GWP stinks, I wonder if I'll be better off with saving 15% at Sephora. I have built up quite the Nars wish list ... LIFE IS HARD.

@TKLJ

"So basically things I have zero interest in."

"LIFE IS HARD."

Double lolz!

I just started getting into Nars late last year with their sheer foundation 🙂 I do love the mattifying tinted moisturizer as well. Oh and Banned Red is my favorite! It's a very unique shade of red.

Question about Nars eyeshadow:  My first Nars eyeshadow was Hammamet and I really like the shades but had a problem.  After a few hours, it balled up, dried out and flaked off my lids.  I was using Clarins Instant Light Eye Perfecting Base under it.  It had to be some kind of reaction with the base product right?  I haven't worn it since though to try it out.  I was afraid I got a bad one or that it was a reaction with my skin.  Haven't had this happen with any other shadows and this base.   What do you think?

@spikeorrn I have never had that sort of reaction with NARS shadows (and I own a lot of NARS shadows) but I do not have Hammamet.

Off the top of my head, I can think of a few scenarios.

1) it could be reacting with the base you are using - does the base have silicone in it?

2) was the brush you were using to apply it clean or did it have other product (shadow, or perhaps the base) on it?  In that case it could be having an issue with something on your brush

Assuming that all that happened was balled, dried, flaking product (and not irritation, for instance) I'd try it again without a primer and see if you still have the same issue.  I had a similar balling issue with the spring multiple and had to exchange it. 

FWIW, when I swatched Hammamet in store I found the matte shade really dry and not balling or flaky, but the pigments sort of sat in distinct clumps on my hand.

Thanks.  My lids were a little irritated after, but not swollen.  It was the metallic shade.  I'll try it without a base & make sure to use a freshly cleaned brush.

Also, Specktra user Jennifae had some details about Fall 2016 from all the makeup used during recent fashion weeks.  The new Velvet Lip Glides are apparently liquid lipsticks!?!

La Palace Velvet Lip Glide (New for Fall 2016, for now try Sixties Fan Lip Gloss)

No. 54 Velvet Lip Glide (New for Fall 2016, for now try Norma Larger Than Life Lip Gloss)

Unspeakable Velvet Lip Glide (New for Fall 2016, for now try Deborah
Audacious Lipstick)

Antares Dual-Intensity Eyeshadow (New for Fall 2016, for now try the gold lame side of Kauai Duo Eyeshadow)
Rigel Dual-Intensity Eyeshadow (New for Fall 2016, for now try Nepal Shimmer Eyeshadow)

Brow Defining Cream (New for Fall 2016, for now try the Brow Perfector)

Screen Shot 2016-03-19 at 12.22.50 PM.pngScreen Shot 2016-03-19 at 12.23.01 PM.pngScreen Shot 2016-03-19 at 12.23.15 PM.pngScreen Shot 2016-03-19 at 12.23.25 PM.png

I'm liking some of these shades! Bring it on.

More NARS summer preview.

Screen Shot 2016-03-19 at 12.16.22 PM.png

Rulala has NARS in sale today!

So since this is related to nars. sort of. Well, I found a knock off set that sells a set of 6 nars brush dupes for 20 bucks. I'll keep you guys posted once I get them.

Is that the japonesque ones?

No but I ordered them from ebay and i saw reviews of i think the same brushes on amazon and supposedly they have nars written on them. @Mochapj

Let us know how they turn out when you get them @Blackwhiskey.

I read somewhere recently that Japonesque put out a set that looks just like the kabuki ones.  

Same, saw it somewhere on bt, but if these knock offs are as soft, then the price point is way better than japonesque, i'll come back with a review on them once I try them out; 🙂

I'm pretty sure this has been discussed before, but I need help deciding if Goulue is worth the plunge. It looks like an amazing raspberry from Google, but it looks very similar to Dolce Vita, which I already have. I think it's the LE status that makes me want it, but I'm hoping there's an actual difference.

Any suggestions?

@Melissa136 @Gwenhwyfar goulue has been my favourite Nars blush for many years, ever since I got it in the guy bourdin palette.

I can swatch them side by side for you but the main difference is DV is matte and goulue has faint shimmers that make it a satin. Goulue is also a raspberry and DV is redder.

I'm wondering the same! Hopefully someone can sort us out. 🙂

I just got it in a trade and wore it for the first time today. It is lovely, but I don't know that it's essential.

I'll swatch it with Dolce Vita and Sin tomorrow. Whoops, I don't own DV, but I'll swatch it with some other similar shades.

Thanks TKLJ! I'm also thinking about Sin as well, since I don't really have a berry/purple blush

testing