Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Brand Loyal
|

Let's Talk About NARS!

A lot of the other big beauty brands have their own threads now, so I thought, why not NARS? Let's share news about new collections, feedback on products, etc here.

The audacious thread: http://community.sephora.com/t5/Lips/Show-Me-Your-Audacious-Collection/m-p/1695820#M10941

SPRING 2019:

Spoiler

5B03C763-5B66-43D5-B5CD-CAD2FFB20D6A.png4B8872CB-9B16-4C47-A6A8-A5A5EB2C60B9.png0343224C-CB77-46EC-86C7-1E6ECEF0E4E2.pngD1989960-1CCB-41F1-8BC9-A04A37EEA659.png75A2963F-9578-4410-B0E9-5F9A2E8C0EC2.png2D212BE6-6675-4764-A909-009E6B40173B.pngB41A18B5-0E0F-4B2F-930C-6AD6D4324D72.png

APRIL 2019: NARS x CONNOR TINGLEY

Spoiler

Have you picked up anything from the collection so far? Do tell!

Re: Let's Talk About NARS!

thanks Mocha! can always count on you to know all things Nars!

After seeing swatches, Im torn between Michoyo and Fanny.  Or should I get another color altogether?

Im fair and blondish, and I think warm.  I wear Naked 4.0 now and 5.0 in summer.  (took me a while to be told 4.5 was not my next step.)

How much do you like brights?  

Michiyo is a pretty shockingly bright pink.

It took me a while to get back Mocha, but no, I am not looking for something so bright.  I want a pink leaning purple or purple leaning pink everyday lipstick.  I have a JiJCP gift card and Im going to use it online to see if it will 1.  put me on their radar for perks , and 2. these are the only thing I can think of I want from there right now.  And since I dont really wear lipstick often, I figured Id try to get one of the audacious finally.

Any suggestions then?  Is Fanny outrageous also?

No, Fanny is a really pretty wearable purple/berry shade.

There's a picture of me wearing it in the header here:

http://community.sephora.com/t5/Lips/Show-Me-Your-Audacious-Collection/m-p/1695820#M10941

If you want a pink leaning purple, I would vote possibly Anna (unless that's too light for what you wanted) or Fanny. I really like Janet which is also a purple/berry shade, but some people find it a bit much since it has a bit of a pearl finish.

Hmmm, I have been stalking that thread, and now u have put Anna on my short list.  I really like Fanny though.  I may have to go in a swatch first, even though Ive already swatched MONTHS ago and just never went forward with the purchase.   

Stay tuned.  Im off to JCP to swatch.

Does anyone know if the cheek studio palette has the same colors the SK one shocking moment palette?

I went to Sephora to look at them in person. Here is the SK palette (left) vs the cheek studio palette (right). They are very similar but the blushes aren't exactly the same. 

image.jpeg

Like, my wallet is so glad this is the same, but I'm oddly annoyed at the same time that they (a) they couldn't do something original and (b) means the SK palette is also un-original. 

Thanks for the pic! They look the same =/ I think I'll wait for NARS to come out with something that has some darker/deeper blush shades and contour colours.

The top row of the palette is the same in both (Paloma contour and Laguna)

the bottom shades are supposedly different and the one in the right corner is Goulue; the rouge requalification gift color.  It's hard to say 100% if the other 3 shades are truly different; they don't have names, just # (I, II, III)

Weird that they don't have names. They look so similar 

Hot Sands = LE?

Its on my list but I'm wondering if I can hold out or if I need to get it now.

I believe so, yes.  The release they do with Nordstrom every spring is usually LE.

Which formula would you recommend most? Liquid, cream, or powder?

I would say it depends on your skin type.  

I have hot sand in all 3 formulations (because I love the color), but some work better for me than others.

If you are oily, powder is probably best.  If you are dry, the liquid one is great; it's my favorite but it doesn't agree with my skin.  If you're normal or combo, the multiple is good, although the first one I got was defective.

I'm oily so powder is probably best, I wish they made a full size single instead of sticking it in a duo:/ 

I have Orgasm & Laguna running out of my ears. 

I have plenty of orgasm and laguna too, but the duo pans are gigantic.  Much bigger than a blush single.

It's sitting in my Nordstrom cart. Hoping for a better sample selection soon.

Found out today that there's a NARS event at the Saks in the Houston Galleria on Feb 4. Gonna take the afternoon off and get my face done while sipping on bubbly and shopping!

On my list:

-Velvet Matte Skin Tint

-that royal/sapphire blue eyeshadow

-an audacious lipstick

-another red candle

-a black candle

Ahh! I was wondering if any of you have bought Nars Audacious Lipstick in Liv (it's a darkish purple). If you haven't, please do. You can wear it in various intensities hahaha. It's awesome!!!0607845094791.jpg

testing