Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Brand Loyal
|

Let's Talk About NARS!

A lot of the other big beauty brands have their own threads now, so I thought, why not NARS? Let's share news about new collections, feedback on products, etc here.

The audacious thread: http://community.sephora.com/t5/Lips/Show-Me-Your-Audacious-Collection/m-p/1695820#M10941

SPRING 2019:

Spoiler

5B03C763-5B66-43D5-B5CD-CAD2FFB20D6A.png4B8872CB-9B16-4C47-A6A8-A5A5EB2C60B9.png0343224C-CB77-46EC-86C7-1E6ECEF0E4E2.pngD1989960-1CCB-41F1-8BC9-A04A37EEA659.png75A2963F-9578-4410-B0E9-5F9A2E8C0EC2.png2D212BE6-6675-4764-A909-009E6B40173B.pngB41A18B5-0E0F-4B2F-930C-6AD6D4324D72.png

APRIL 2019: NARS x CONNOR TINGLEY

Spoiler

Have you picked up anything from the collection so far? Do tell!

Re: Let's Talk About NARS!

Thanks, Megan! This is great because I prefer satin and less shimmer. What a bright pigmented berry!

I see sheen when the light hits just right - but no shimmer.  It's a pretty shade and I can see it muted out on you.

A new narcissist tonight at midnight?  This in an email from Nars I just received.

nars.gif

I don't know if this has been posted yet...

but according to Trendmood, the (new) Rouge gift that is a NARS blush will be in the shade Goulue! It looks pretty

I requalified during the November sale, but haven't claimed the rouge gift yet-will I be able to get the Nars mini if I wait until next year? Or do you have to requalify during 2016?

I think it depends how nice your store is.

The gift is meant for requalifying in 2016. 

However, last year there were some ladies who had December requals and got the 2015 gift instead, IIRC.

Thanks Mocha, I guess I will wait and see. Wasn't really interested in the MJ lippy so I won't be heartbroken to let that go. 

Omg!!!  Goulue is my favorite color in the guy Bourdin palette, so I would be thrilled if this is true.

Thank, MK! I hadn't seen the shade name posted anywhere yet. I'm not familiar with that one... It looks like it was a LE shade in one of the Guy Bourdin palettes? I'm excited to see it! (And hopefully I won't have to re-Rouge to get one. ;))

What's everyone's thoughts of Nars multiplers? I have a love hate relationship with them. They don't seem to be very long wearing as a blush. Am I doing something wrong?

I like the multiples and I have combo oily skin, but like Gwen said, I apply it with my fingers, not stick on face.  I also usually apply it to bare skin, which probably helps.

i find applying the stick directly to the face can be unhygienic (if you already have base products on, they transfer onto the stick) plus some colors are creamier than others.  Napali is one I find a bit drier, so warming it on your fingers first should help.

I love them! But I have dry cheeks... I think that different blush formulas perform differently on varying skin types. Are you especially oily? Maybe using a mattifying primer under the blush or setting with a translucent powder would help?

I have pretty dry cheeks too. I use the stick straight on my face then just tap it in but then it disappears! 

Interesting... I apply with my fingers. I rub my fingers on the top of the Multiple stick and then rub the blush onto my cheeks. I don't usually use a foundation or anything else other than my skincare staples beforehand. I like a subtle blush and apply lightly, but I haven't noticed the color fade much throughout the day. Do you think application could be a factor? Which shade are you using?

I fell in love with na Pali coast. I wear a liquid foundation and set it before I apply the blush. Maybe I should use my fingers then apply instead of putting the stick straight on my face?

You also might try putting on the blush before setting the makeup. The powder shouldn't lighten the blush much (but you can compensate by applying a tad darker)

Maybe. I haven't tried that shade. Give it a go with the alternate application method and see if that solves the problem! If not, we'll troubleshoot it again. 🙂

Thank you for all the tips. It does help to warm up the product but I think my issue is that it's a cream to powder product. It just falls off my face. The price point is too high for me to keep trying. Thank you for your help!!

And the pictures of the Hot Sand collection pieces:

Hot Sand gloss and Multiple

Screen Shot 2015-12-28 at 11.42.19 AM.png

Hot Sand 'blush' with Orgasm and Hot Sand 'blush' with Laguna

Screen Shot 2015-12-28 at 11.42.31 AM.png

Temptalia has sneak swatches of spring 2016 up

1228151image.jpegi1228152mage.jpegi1228153mage.jpeg

Tarvos is giving me feelings

testing