Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Brand Loyal
|

Let's Talk About NARS!

A lot of the other big beauty brands have their own threads now, so I thought, why not NARS? Let's share news about new collections, feedback on products, etc here.

The audacious thread: http://community.sephora.com/t5/Lips/Show-Me-Your-Audacious-Collection/m-p/1695820#M10941

SPRING 2019:

Spoiler

5B03C763-5B66-43D5-B5CD-CAD2FFB20D6A.png4B8872CB-9B16-4C47-A6A8-A5A5EB2C60B9.png0343224C-CB77-46EC-86C7-1E6ECEF0E4E2.pngD1989960-1CCB-41F1-8BC9-A04A37EEA659.png75A2963F-9578-4410-B0E9-5F9A2E8C0EC2.png2D212BE6-6675-4764-A909-009E6B40173B.pngB41A18B5-0E0F-4B2F-930C-6AD6D4324D72.png

APRIL 2019: NARS x CONNOR TINGLEY

Spoiler

Have you picked up anything from the collection so far? Do tell!

Re: Let's Talk About NARS!

I wouldn't be surprised if it is the same palette, with a different name.  I know on Temptalia's page, she said the contour pieces and the bronzer are the same.  

Yep! She also listed the names of the blushes and they're different. my gripe is WHY make something SO similar? it detracts from the "limited edition" value of the Steven Klein palette. not to mention the fact that it may make people not feel inclined to get this palette seeing as 1/2 of this is the same as the SK. 

Hammamet and Banned Red shall be mine

ohhhh particularly intrigued by rosecliff lipstick and the shadow duo !!

Pretty! 😍

I'm eyeing on Kari!

Oh, the eyeshadow duo is a new one after all! That's going on my list.... And the 'Tarvos' DI eyeshadow sounds intriguing.

The blush sounds really nice, but I have some time on that if it is permanent. (I also read it being compared as the closest NARS Blush to the discontinued 'Douceur'.)

So far Tarvos is the only piece I am definitely planning to get.

I might get Kari DI if it swatches well, but pinks aren't my eye color of choice.  

The blush is a possibility, but it looks like it might be ashy on me.  And the shadow duo looks so similar to ones that have released before, I don't think I want it.  

I swear that Sephora brought back the Steven Klein Cheek palette RIGHT AFTER the loyalty gift card sale ended. It was not in stock at all during the entire time and now it's back -_-

I love the Steven Klein Killer Heels set 🙂 

These are my swatches for the lot: 

holidaynars11.jpg

From left to right, 

Joyous Red, Fire Down Below, Little Darling, Mayflower, Jungle Red

They're not Audacious, but I still love them to bits! 

holidaynars6.jpg

Size is on point too, as I can never finish a full-size lipstick. 

Hi, Nars lovers.  Been thinking about the dual intensity blushes for a while and debating between fervor and panic.  I have tons of blushes so only want to add to my collection if they are special.  Interested in hearing some comments on these.  Thanks!

I have both, and also a pretty sizeable blush collection.

fervor is more special than panic in that the copper rose side is actually sort of metallic; but you have to want to wear that sort of thing.  To counter something Gwen has said, yes Panic looks very bright in the pan, and when you swatch, but most people won't apply blush as heavily as they'd swatch it.  I find I wear panic more than Fervor, just because the metallic side can sometimes enhance my pores in a way i don't like.

Personally if you're looking for a special DI blush, I'd recommend the LE vengeful one from the holiday collection.  It is a gorgeous burgundy red and it comes with a white gold highlighter.  On the skin it gives a great flushed from the cold look.

Thanks for responding and for your comments.  I am also interested in Vengeful and really love the "flushed from the cold look" since it resembles my "flush from working out look" which is when I have the most color on my face since I am really pale.  So I might to get that one too.  Hmm now I am concerned re pore enhancement re the Fervor one.  I really don't need any more blushes but want to give the DI blushes a try.  I really love this BT community but **bleep** I went from having 1 blush for the  majority of my life to now having over 25 (I don't even want to think about it but it's way more than 25).  But I digress, not sure if we have a Surratt thread but I would love to also hear your thoughts on those blushes since I recall you bought a few some time ago and you seems to be a blush and lipstick authority.  I swatched a few finally and liked them. 

Aw, thanks! 

I counted mine this weekend at the behest of someone.  I'm not going to disclose the number, but it's a doozy. 😄

So, that said, no, I don't think we have a Surratt brand-specific thread.  There've been a few threads devoted to some specific products, but nothing overall.

I have a bunch of the Surratt blushes, and I can tell you that as lovely as they swatch, I don't wear them often, except for Aureole (to highlight) and Grisaille when I want a neutral blush.  I find they are really lovely, but they are so darn subtle.  Having tried a few other things from the Surratt line since I got the blushes, I've come to realize that is just how he does things.  I find them convenient to use when I don't want to think too hard about doing my makeup, but otherwise, I skip over them a lot.

Hope that helps!

Hmmm. That's a hard one. I have worn 'Panic' (applied by a NARS rep) and it was on my list for a long time but I never picked it up. I obtained 'Fervor' recently in a trade and it wears beautifully on me. Personally, I am very happy with 'Fervor' and no longer want 'Panic'. I also got the LE Steven Klein one.

Have you looked at these in person? 'Panic' has two ultra-saturated brights at about the same value scale. 'Fervor' has a pale pink and a deeper burgundy rose, which I believe makes it more versatile as well as more natural for a wider range of skin tones.

I guess the question for you would be a combination of which one you would find more usable and which one is most unlike other items already in your stash. Hope this helps!

Thanks for responding and for your comments.  I have swatched both multiple times and am leaning more towards Fervor b/c the brighter color is unique. 

Some photos from Spectra for NARS Spring 2016.

Looks like there is a new DI shadow, new blush, some lipsticks and glosses.

Impassioned Blush (New for Spring 2016)

Kari (pink) Dual-Intensity Eyeshadow (New for Spring 2016)

Tarvos (pale green) Dual-Intensity Eyeshadow (New for Spring 2016)

Cressida (blue) Dual-Intensity Eyeshadow (New for Spring 2016)

Rosecliff Lipstick (New for Spring 2016)

Vida Loca Lip Gloss (New for Spring 2016)

Screen Shot 2015-12-08 at 1.04.32 PM.png

Need it all! Such a sucker for the DI's 

Oooooooh, the blush! I hope it is matte. And the eyeshadow duo looks like a necessary purchase. These look like permanent line additions, yeah? 🙂

As I mentioned to CCC, the IG this came from said the shadow duo is in the existing line already.

I think it is St Paul De Vence.

Oh, oops. Haha, of course... I already have that. 😉

testing