Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Brand Loyal
|

Let's Talk About NARS!

A lot of the other big beauty brands have their own threads now, so I thought, why not NARS? Let's share news about new collections, feedback on products, etc here.

The audacious thread: http://community.sephora.com/t5/Lips/Show-Me-Your-Audacious-Collection/m-p/1695820#M10941

SPRING 2019:

Spoiler

5B03C763-5B66-43D5-B5CD-CAD2FFB20D6A.png4B8872CB-9B16-4C47-A6A8-A5A5EB2C60B9.png0343224C-CB77-46EC-86C7-1E6ECEF0E4E2.pngD1989960-1CCB-41F1-8BC9-A04A37EEA659.png75A2963F-9578-4410-B0E9-5F9A2E8C0EC2.png2D212BE6-6675-4764-A909-009E6B40173B.pngB41A18B5-0E0F-4B2F-930C-6AD6D4324D72.png

APRIL 2019: NARS x CONNOR TINGLEY

Spoiler

Have you picked up anything from the collection so far? Do tell!

Re: Let's Talk About NARS!

Ladies, how does No Shame wear on you? I loves me some Nars mattes, which I know this isn't ... is it like the creamiest of the Audies, which I can deal with, or is it creamier/slipperier? 

Mocha's lips keep tempting me ... 😄

Just get it! 😄

I'm waiting for a beauty event at my Nordstrom. So if it's still around Dec. 5 ... 

But then I think about Nars Future Red, which was one of the Guy Bourdin lippies from a few years ago. It's a lovely shade, but I rarely reach for it because it comes off for nothing. It's one of the few lipsticks that I'm afraid will smear all over my face when I wear it (matte formulas have spoiled me).

I wouldn't call it creamy, no.

it reminds me a lot of the new breed of lipglosses that hug lips without being sticky.

I'm very aware that I'm wearing it, but it isn't uncomfortable.

How do y'all feel about the NARS One Shocking Moment Palette?

I am undecided on purchasing it because I have an olive-complexion and am around an NC42. A few of the colours in this palette look super light so I don't know if this would be worth purchasing or not? I know last year the palette that came out in Sephora leaned a little lighter as well. I like the last two blush shades but everything else looks like it might not show up so great...What do you think??

Fast Life from the Steven Klein collection, a very pretty pink!

image.jpeg

I just got the NARS Steven Klein collection items;

Despair Palette

No Shame lipstick

Vengeful DI duo.

They are EXCELLENT!  I typically don't buy palettes of anything, but the Despair palette is great - I wore "Ferocious" blush yesterday and loved it!

I am not wearing makeup today, but decided to test the other two coloured blushes.  I love them as well.  "Esoteric" was such a great surprise.  I had to build it up, which also means it is error proof.  It gave the most beautiful orange shimmery finish.  A subtle blush and highlight in one. 

The only colour I don't care for is Nico.  I want my blushes to either add colour, or a glow (highlighter).  This is a matte pale yellow powder that would do neither.  So it is basically like a setting/finishing powder as far as I'm concerned.  Does it set or finish?  I dunno. 

No Shame lipstick might be my favourite NARS lipstick now.  Love the colour and the formula is excellent!

I only tried the highlighter from Vengeful yesterday, and it looks really pretty.

I will be picking up Stud eyeshadow soon.  This is an indulgence product as I will probably wear it only a handful of times in this lifetime (I don't wear eye makeup, but rarely). 

I'm expecting dead of summer, (Dominique to get to free shipping and cause I want) and stud in the mail this week. I skipped Despair because I got the sephora palette (I don't own any NARS blushes except Laguna/orgasm samples and one DI). But, so far, I have loved everything I've seen in person/swatched. It's a beautifully put together line.

You will love the stud eyeshadow! I'm wearing it today and it's gorgeous. Yesterday I wore both the blush and highlighter from vengeful. I had to use a light hand with the blush but it gave me a beautiful flushed look as if I had just came in from being outside in the middle of winter.  Now I'm patiently waiting for the arrival of my despair palette. I decided against the No Shame lipstick because I have a couple that are very similar in color.... but, um, now I'm rethinking that decision. 

Elle - No Shame is still available at Nordies.  I have several lip colours in that shade family, but this lipstick was well worth it to me.

Stud looks gorgeous.  For my once yearly eyeshadow wear, I might get to use Stud at least a ocuple of times in the next 10 yrs.

My NARS Steven Klein things have arrived!  I wnat to wera it all on my face at the same time!

I also got some other goodies from Beauty.com. I hope the sun is out tomorrow cuz my face needs to try some new makeups on!!

I would love to make a blush palette with all my nars pan blushes, but I can't decide if I should go with the new small pro palette or a large z-palette! I like the pro palette, but I saw someone on YouTube have one with her 9 blushes in it, but there were gaps in between and that kind of bothers me! Does anyone have a large z-palette with nars blushes in it, if so, do you know how many will fit in there? Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated! Thanks 🙂 

The small pro palette apparently fits 9 blushes exactly, but has a little gap to be able to remove them.

The large pro palette will fit 12, but it leaves a ton of wasted space on the edges :S

Okay, good to know! Thank you for the help! 🙂 

I think I may just go with the nars palette 🙂 

I managed to swatch a few more of the Steven Klein pieces while I was at the Toronto event tonight.

I wanted to swatch the rest of the lipsticks, but my store was missing the testers 😞  I did swatch the 2 pink shades in the One Shocking Moment palette and they barely show up on me.  Those swatches are after 5-6 passes of my finger :S  I didn't swatch the rest of the shades in the palette because I already own them. 

im1105156age.jpeg

I also swatched the 3 glosses (and picked up the pink one, it's so gorgeous!)

1105159image.jpeg

I've been reading rumblings online that the Pressed Light Reflecting Powder is being discontinued. It's no longer up on Sephora. Some peeps saying it's gone forever, other that it's being reformulated. So if it's a HG item for you, may want to check Nordstrom. It's OOS at beauty dot com as well. 

For those ladies that bought the new collection: If you could recommend one product from the new Steven Klein collection - what would it be? 

No shame lipstick

That is a pretty PRETTY colour. I have that in my cart  - all ready to check out once it hits 12am lol. Im debating if I should get the DI blush. What are your thoughts on it P?

I have it and like it quite a bit.  Do you like bold blushes, K?  It can be sheered out, but it's definitely red.

testing