Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Brand Loyal
|

Let's Talk About NARS!

A lot of the other big beauty brands have their own threads now, so I thought, why not NARS? Let's share news about new collections, feedback on products, etc here.

The audacious thread: http://community.sephora.com/t5/Lips/Show-Me-Your-Audacious-Collection/m-p/1695820#M10941

SPRING 2019:

Spoiler

5B03C763-5B66-43D5-B5CD-CAD2FFB20D6A.png4B8872CB-9B16-4C47-A6A8-A5A5EB2C60B9.png0343224C-CB77-46EC-86C7-1E6ECEF0E4E2.pngD1989960-1CCB-41F1-8BC9-A04A37EEA659.png75A2963F-9578-4410-B0E9-5F9A2E8C0EC2.png2D212BE6-6675-4764-A909-009E6B40173B.pngB41A18B5-0E0F-4B2F-930C-6AD6D4324D72.png

APRIL 2019: NARS x CONNOR TINGLEY

Spoiler

Have you picked up anything from the collection so far? Do tell!

Re: Let's Talk About NARS!

I've been despairing over the lack of Despair all day. 😞

As long as it's up before our 3 day sale *eyeroll*

Indeed.

Yes, it was.  The whole collection was supposed to be up today.  Pieces of it seem to have gone up yesterday, but there are still others missing.  Not all the eyeshadows or glosses are up, and I haven't seen either of the 3 piece lip kits up yet.

I have found the quality of the blushes in the Despair palette to be the same as the full size blushes.  They are pigmented and not super powdery (i.e. don't make a mess when you put a brush in)

Pigmented and stayed all day, I really like them. I ended up using Nico over top to kind of tone everything down but I'm also very pale and have a lot of red in my cheeks naturally so color gets pretty intense pretty quickly on me.

I wore Scarlet Empress today and I am really digging the formula.  Seems that the more shades I try (so far Dragon Girl and VIP Red plus this one) the more I like it.  I may have to start looking at the other shades in this line...

i was able to swatch most of the items i was interested in and i'm kinda disappointed..at least it saves me some money for some items from the regular collection..kinda bummed b/c the packaging is cool

Which items didn't impress you?

I'm kind of hoping the same thing will happen to me. ha ha

let me rephrase that..the formulas of the products that i swatched that are available at sephora are still good quality, but it was the colors that i wasn't impressed with. the killer heels mini lipstick set and eyeshadows singles were colors that i already have dupes of. the price point for the e/s singles made it an easy decision to pass on them. the vengeful di blush wasn't as intense as i was hoping it to be even though it was silky, sheer, and blended beautifully. i just couldn't get the blush side to build up as much as i wanted it to since i wanted to use it as eyeshadow as well, and the white gold highlighter side was way too sparkly for my taste. i wasn't interested in the one shocking moment cheek palette to begin with, but after swatching the colors w/ nothing special jumping out at me confirmed it was an easy pass for me. it's funny b/c initially, i wasn't interested in the the killer shine "no shame" lipstick and "provoke" lip gloss, but after swatching those i was pleasantly surprised at how gorgeous they looked..i don't see myself reaching for that type of color..definitely a color that i can appreciate on others, just not for me. now i'm just waiting to go swatch the lip crayon set that comes in the bullet. not sure if that's available anywhere other than nars.com or a freestanding nars location, though..

The bullet is only available at the NARS website and boutiques 😞

thanks for the confirmation! i figured as much..why couldn't this collection come out during the middle of the year when i didn't have to worry about budgeting for the holidays? c'est la vie..

Did you guys see that Sephora has more of the Steven Klein collection up?  

I just saw that! I want the DI blush and the Stud eyeshadow, fingers crossed they make it to the 20% off sale

I went to my local Sephora today and they only have about 5 stud eyeshadows left 😞 

Stud is now sold out on Sephora online! I may have to get myself to a store soon if they don't restock. I did see it on Beauty.com just now and their 20% off is coming up...

Same here.  I only want that blush.  I have a feeling they will stick around because most ppl would rather get the discount.  The only thing I'm trying to figure is if I should try to get it in store or order it online.  I checked stock and looks like most stores have it around here.

Sometimes they lie about the stock *grumble*. I wonder if Powell will have it on Saturday. It says that the other SF mall location already has the collection...

My local Sephora had the blush palette, DI blush, 2 eyeshadows (stud & never too late), 2 lipsticks and 2 glosses out on display yesterday. I swatches everything (forgot to take pictures) and will definitely get the DI blush and stud eyeshadow. Debating on no shame lipstick.

I think that sometimes SAs aren't aware they have it because they haven't unpacked it yet.  But yeah I hope Powell will have it although it says Stoneridge does and I was planning to run in there Friday morning to grab my foundation so I can concentrate on more fun items on Saturday.  So hopefully I can pick it up from there.

Wearing no shame today.  Love it!

1031152image.jpeg

The thumbnail on the main page drew me in! This is gorgeous!

testing