Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Brand Loyal
|

Let's Talk About NARS!

A lot of the other big beauty brands have their own threads now, so I thought, why not NARS? Let's share news about new collections, feedback on products, etc here.

The audacious thread: http://community.sephora.com/t5/Lips/Show-Me-Your-Audacious-Collection/m-p/1695820#M10941

SPRING 2019:

Spoiler

5B03C763-5B66-43D5-B5CD-CAD2FFB20D6A.png4B8872CB-9B16-4C47-A6A8-A5A5EB2C60B9.png0343224C-CB77-46EC-86C7-1E6ECEF0E4E2.pngD1989960-1CCB-41F1-8BC9-A04A37EEA659.png75A2963F-9578-4410-B0E9-5F9A2E8C0EC2.png2D212BE6-6675-4764-A909-009E6B40173B.pngB41A18B5-0E0F-4B2F-930C-6AD6D4324D72.png

APRIL 2019: NARS x CONNOR TINGLEY

Spoiler

Have you picked up anything from the collection so far? Do tell!

Re: Let's Talk About NARS!

I have 6 highlighters in my cart 😄

I got my small and large pro palette today! For the last week I've been slowly depotting my blushes to make the ultimate blush palette. Sadly, I've had a few mishaps along the way so a few of my blushes have pocks and imperfections now. 😞 This was my first attempt at depotting, hopefully I'll get better. The small palette I plan to use for my single and maybe duo eyeshadows in addition to two mini blushes.

Progress so far.

Spoiler
image.jpg

image.jpg

Mata Hari single
image.jpg

I found it's easier to get the pan out by popping the casing out first.
image.jpg

Should hold 16 blushes. As you can see on the far right the last blush doesn't fall flush with the others. I'm hoping I just didn't have the others pushed over far enough.
*The last blush does indeed not fit. The large palette will hold 12 blushes.
image.jpg

Close up of last blush.
image.jpg

Can you turn the blush vertically and fit 3 more in that last row?

Missrmessner - Yes, if the blush is flipped vertical it will fit. I wound up doing that to fit a few more blushes and I think it turned out pretty good. I have a small complex though because of the extra space. haha The obsessive part of me agonizes over this. 

I think when I tried the pan planner on the NARS website it only let me put 12 blush pans in the big palette, and the leftover space would only allow for eyeshadow singles.

If I ever get around to depotting my collection, it'll have to be with the small palettes I think.  They are the ones that can hold 9 blushes exactly.

Bah, that's too bad.  But note to self, get the smaller one for just blushes (since I'm a crazy person and am particular like that).

Thanks ladies! I think I have the placement I want? My plans changed a bit with the fit issue on the large palette. I'm going to post a picture of all the empties. I love Nars packaging, but I really like having it all in one place too!

Your blushes are gorgeous!!!

How annoying that the last row is just shy of fitting!  I wonder if it's a manufacturing error...

Regardless, your blushes look just delicious in the palette. ❤️

NYC Fashion Week is a spectacular time to scout out upcoming NARS products as a lot of designers have exclusive contracts with NARS and NARS will design looks around, say, a new lipstick color or eye concept. 

a lot of the audacious line (particularly the reds) were debuted during the a/w 2014 shows (which took place spring of 2014), and same with the autumn collection VIP red this season...

Pics of the new Nars Palette (large size)

image.jpg

as you can see, it's larger than all the current z-palettes but thinner

image.jpg

The Nars palette is a bit of a harder cardboard and seems like slightly better quality.  Of course, you lose the window that the z-palette brand offers.  You also can't fit in the same baked products that the domed z-palette holds.  I can definitely see both brands having a place in my collection.

Interesting.  Of course I hemmed and hawed about getting a Z palette since I was concerned about the quality and eventually pulled the plug with the $50 epic rewards credit.  Though I think ultimately I prefer the clear window since the reason I got into it was to give my neglected shadows some love.

ouh i didn't know the too faced blushes could be depotted~

Oh I can depot just about anything.  Those were actually really easy ones 😉

That's so impressive Anne!  I just tried depotting for the first time and some products were definitely more stubborn than others!  I had to resort to my hair straighter to loosen the glue a lot.

Did you do it like a mac eyeshadow, flat iron or heat the bottom? I attempted the floss method and i just didn't find there was enough room to wedge it under

Oven method!  Well...convection oven 🙂

I heated it for five minutes @ 150 degrees.  There is a large gap near the top of the heart.  I used a large pocket knife and just popped them out.  They came out really easily.  The large gap for the knife made it almost too easy...bwa ha ha!  

The only product I cant depot is my LM Indescretion (it is like a foam on a bed of wires)...which I am putting on the trade thread shortly because it just takes up too much room in the case.  😉

Do you just throw out the packaging?  I'm guessing some of it doesn't survive...They look so cute in the palette!!

Yes.  Bye bye packaging!  The product itself is still heart shaped with bunnies; its still cute enough.  I like seeing all my blushes side my side in one palette...they're friends 🙂

ive never used an oven before for it, but i usually just put them on a flat iron. i recently tried it for the bare minerals duos, and while they didn't crack. when they came out i feel like it changed the texture of them. They had little bumps on the top, almost like when a powder creates hard pan. Except this couldn't be scratched off, i wonder if its the soil complex in it (w/e its called)

I'm not sure; I've never had that issue before.  I don't own Bare Minerals shadows though, so maybe it's an issue with that particular brand?  Interesting.

testing