Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Brand Loyal
|

Let's Talk About NARS!

A lot of the other big beauty brands have their own threads now, so I thought, why not NARS? Let's share news about new collections, feedback on products, etc here.

The audacious thread: http://community.sephora.com/t5/Lips/Show-Me-Your-Audacious-Collection/m-p/1695820#M10941

SPRING 2019:

Spoiler

5B03C763-5B66-43D5-B5CD-CAD2FFB20D6A.png4B8872CB-9B16-4C47-A6A8-A5A5EB2C60B9.png0343224C-CB77-46EC-86C7-1E6ECEF0E4E2.pngD1989960-1CCB-41F1-8BC9-A04A37EEA659.png75A2963F-9578-4410-B0E9-5F9A2E8C0EC2.png2D212BE6-6675-4764-A909-009E6B40173B.pngB41A18B5-0E0F-4B2F-930C-6AD6D4324D72.png

APRIL 2019: NARS x CONNOR TINGLEY

Spoiler

Have you picked up anything from the collection so far? Do tell!

Re: Let's Talk About NARS!

Not to enable you, but I'm wearing it today 😉

Too late for regrets Mocha.  Too late!!!  I have a texting device.  And this item is on hold for me already.  Friday I pick it up. 

Thanks Obama!

Ooooohhhhhhh. I already have similar products but, sigh, it's NARS.

Ohhh its a highlighter? It's very pretty but not what I was expecting at all.

They call it a blush, but I don't really see this being a blush even on the palest girls.

I tried it today though, and I do love it.

What do you think of VIP red?

So obviously you recommend Tribulation.  It's that light swatch?  So much lighter than the actual blush compact?  It really looks lovely!

VIP Red is a pretty color, but on first swatch it doesn't look terribly unique for a red.  It felt a bit dry and skipped a bit on my hand, but I haven't tried it on my lips yet.  I'm going to swatch it next to Sandra because I feel they might be quite similar.

Tribulation is gorgeous.  I'm actually quite amazed it looks so dark in the pan when it is so light and golden glowy on my skin.  After I took the swatch photo I buffed it in a bit and it left the tiniest soft shimmers.  Adore this.

See...different things for different people. I just adore VIP.

Now Tribulation is an issue for me...because I just did the TF thing an hour ago.  Oh my.  I need a highlighter support thread.  What to do?

Thanks for the input!

I've had the TF preordered for about 6 weeks, but it won't be here until the end of the month at least, so I didn't feel too bad about doing both.

I saw a comparison on BeautyLookBook and I don't think they look too similar, anyway.

M, you're tempting me.  And I'm having a stressful day so my breaking point isn't so far away...

I wasn't expecting much from the VIB red because it looked too dark for me but when I put it on.....oh my goodness! I've got a few matte lippiess and this one is up there in the top. I'll definitely try more of their mattes. The other color was...an exact match for my lip color. It made no difference between me wearing it and me not wearing it so I gifted that to my sister that has different coloring than me.  I'm pleasantly surprised and will definitely be getting more nars lippies.

Sona, I think maybe we are talking about 2 different things 😄

I'm talking about a just released red lipstick named VIP red... Pictured above.  I'm guessing since you mentioned the 'other color' you are referring to the NARS sephora birthday set?

that lip pencil is pretty, but they are definitely not the same formula as this lipstick.

Mochapj, the BT site keeps crashing every time I try to send you a message.  Tomorrow.  And I just tried to upload a photo of the two and that isn't working either.   Hopefully later.  They are very different! VIP looks a little orange in the photo, and some have said it looks a little orange on them.  It doesn't look at all orange on me.  The BD is much more red.  The VIP - on me - is a velvety warm red with a touch of brown and maybe even blue or purple.  The texture/almost matte finish is as pretty as the shade.  Now let's see if I can post this...them I'm off BT until this rewards thing is over!!!

Thanks Megan!  I think we got our wires crossed 🙂

The one I was trying to ask about is the LE shade in this (Provocative Red): 

Screen Shot 2015-08-11 at 4.39.07 PM.png

Unless I'm misunderstanding, is your swatch of Cruella, the red from the Sephora/NARS birthday set?

At any rate, thank you for the swatch!

Mine is from the birthday set.

You know, we should just agree to buy all Nars limited releases and then we need never worry about crossed wires.

I just justified that Tom Ford highlight/contour now I'm studying this Nars blush highlight you just posted...and I'm at a loss...I now want just another thing.

The good news is that I'm too focused on TF and Nars to deal with this epic reward stuff (old product..just old product..I want the new!!!).

Bahahahaha!!  I like the way you think 😉

I (moderately) attempted to get a reward yesterday, but none of them gave me the vapors, so I wasn't too upset that I missed out.  The ones I like would have just been nice to have backups for items I already use.  

Definitely on to the new!

And now I want this new nars blush highlight!!!

m nars 1.jpg

Birthday left...vip right....

yep! this swatch is the clincher for me..i will have to get it at some point..thanks for the comparison swatch!

Wow now I really want VIP Red and I don't even like red lippies!

Super wearable...on me.  I adore it!

7 Replies
testing