Your Basket is Empty
Sign in to see items you may have added previously.
See samples, rewards and promotions in .

Item Added to Basket

Free Shipping!

You're only $50.00 away from Free Shipping.

Post in Brand Loyal
|

Kevyn Aucoin Thread

Seeing many more of the products coming into stock on the website!  This is a newer brand to me and I really love the products, everything seems very high quality and wearable for a classic look.  Anyone else out there trying the brand or have been loving for a while? 

Re: Kevyn Aucoin Thread

New palette !!! Definitely interested I’ve loved the last few! 

https://m.sephora.com/product/jewelpop-face-eye-palette-P450883?icid2=products%20gridSmiley Tongue450883

This brush was just added on TjMaxx online!

There are 9 Kevyn Aucoin brushes for sale there. The Contour Brush is listed twice for some reason. Like I said in my previous post, the Foundation and Contour brushes are listed incorrectly. I bought both...You have to go by the description rather than the picture. The pictures are incorrect.

Screen Shot 2019-10-04 at 9.43.05 AM.png

RE: Kevyn Aucoin Thread

All of these Kevyn Aucoin brushes are listed on TJMaxx online. The prices are insane. The Foundation Brush (with the yellow bristles) is listed incorrectly as a contour brush for $16.99. It retails for $82! These are great quality

Re: RE: Kevyn Aucoin Thread

thanks for the heads up! I got one or two last time and it was such a baragin @ArmyChick84 !

RE: Re: RE: Kevyn Aucoin Thread

I stalk their website everyday for more of his brushes lol. I loved Kevyn as a makeup artist and his products are as great as he was!

I really want to try the new balm foundation, anyone else?

I can't believe how dead this thread is. Kevyn Aucoin's products are amazing!

If you want to try out his brushes, TJMAXX has several on their website! 

The Sculpting Brush ($14.99 vs $32), The Angled Foundation Brush ($24.99 vs $68), The Neo Powder Brush (24.99 vs $60), The Blush Brush (24.99 vs $48), The Loose Powder Brush ($24.99 vs $78), The Lip Brush ($14.99 vs $38), The Sculpting Brush ($14.99 vs $32), The Contour Brush ($16.99 vs $40). They are authentic ones too. Not knock offs!. I have all of them. They're great!

I still haven’t pulled the trigger on this brand. I would really like to try it but can’t find it anywhere in store to see in person before buying. I don’t like only buying online if I can’t test the product first!

Kevyn Aucoin Thread

If anyone has the molten lip colors- I recently picked some up at Tjmaxx/marshalls & they have a chemical smell to them in the tube. You don't smell it on , but I'm wondering if they're old stock? I have the lip gloss & that has a fruity smell to it. So I'm wondering do they have a fruity smell too? Thanks!

@sonnydee  I have 2 of them (Bronze and Carbon) and they both have a chemical scent in the tube. I think I bought mine from Space NK last year. 

phewww! 🤗makes me feel alot better! thank you so much @W...

phewww! 🤗makes me feel alot better! thank you so much @WinglessOne

Has anyone tried the new glass glow collection? How are the lip glosses? I'm interested in spectrum bronze, but I want to know what it would look like on. 

Kevyn Aucoin Thread

Hello! Anyone have experience with the new Emphasize Eyes Magnify palette? It looks intriguing, just wanted to hear how it looks in person, performs, and such. Thanks!!

Swatches of Nudepop - lighting isn’t the greatest right now, so there’s a natural light and indoor light.

I found it!  Thanks @lachaton!  Much appreciated!

Would love to see pics of looks created with KEVYN AUCOIN - NUDEPOP Pro Eyeshadow Palette or even insight into what colors people have been using.  @eshoe posted some amazing swatches that had many of us go ga-ga for this one.  Smiley Happy  I only found one tutorial on YouTube...

@greeneyedgirl107 I have been incorporating almost every color into my everyday look, which is pretty subdued. For example...

Today I used Surreal from the corner of my lid outwards, then swept Sketch from the middle to the outermost part of my lid. I then put just a touch of Portrait on the middle part of my lid, Creation under my brow, and Canvas between Creation and the crease. In the crease I blended Mural and Design (for an even lighter look, I use Hue and Mural which is a very sheer shade). At night I add Graffiti to that last mix as a topper to add some glamour and a bit of ✨. I also use Masterpiece in the middle of my lid at night instead of Portrait. 

I use my Shiseido Inkstrike Eyeliner brush with a metallic brown gel liner, LANCôME - CILS BOOSTER XL Super-Enhancing Mascara Basefollowed by Laura Geller Lash Boss for day and STILA - Huge Extreme Lash Mascarafor night.

I would just encourage you to play around with the colors, with and without base. I should add that I use all natural brushes in applying the shades, specifically  SURRATT BEAUTY - Artistique Smoky Eye Brush Moyenne, SURRATT BEAUTY - Artistique Smoky Eye Brush Petitand SURRATT BEAUTY - Classique Shadow Brush Moyenne

I think this is important to note as it makes a difference in makeup application. It allows you to build up color for a more dramatic look, or with a fine dusting/no base have a nice sheer wash of color! Hope this helps😊

Wow - you really went above and beyond @eshoe!!!  I don't know how to thank you!  I never would have discovered how to put the colors together like that.  Your insight is most appreciated!

I do have one question, though: when you reference "with and without base" - are you using base to refer to a base shadow, or to refer to a primer?

Again, thanks for your patience!

Image result for heart thank you gif

Yay so glad I could help, @greeneyedgirl107! For base, I am referring to NARS - Pro-Prime™ Smudge Proof Eyeshadow Base. It’s the best I’ve used, no creasing from morning ‘til night for me. Lots of others around here like the UD primer as well (sorry I don’t know what it is called).

This is where I would highly recommend natural brushes and a light touch though, specifically with the purples. Build up slowly. Practice without base first if you feel unsure. If I get a little too much in my crease, I just top it with one of the nudes to diffuse it a bit.

One of my favorite discoveries was with the ND green-brown palette. The greens are pretty pigmented, but by topping a bright shimmery green with a taupe nude, I achieved a depth of color not possible with just one or the other! I use that combo a lot now, it gives me some mileage out of the bolder shades I wouldn’t normally reach for. I think layering your lid, a nude on top of a bright, is a great way to add some character into your look😉

72 Replies
Conversation Stats
Photos25
  • upload_1677521890802124726.jpg
  • KA
  • kevyn aucoin sculpting palette.JPG
  • ka sunlight.JPG
  • ka bloodroses collection lip.JPG
  • ka bloodroses mascara.JPG
  • ka bloodroses palette.JPG
  • ka eye gloss.JPG
  • ka etherealist skin foundation.JPG