Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Brand Loyal
|

Jo Malone Thread: Share the News and Love!

I've searched high and low and haven't found a dedicated Jo Malone thread, but knowing how many of us enjoy JM products I though it'd be nice to have a place where we can share upcoming news and our favorites.

My all time favorite is Blue Agava and Cacao, followed by Peony Blush Suede.

I just picked up Basil and Neroli, which to my nose is a dead ringer for Bobbi Brown Beach! As I love Beach, I think this fragrance is going to be a new fave come the spring. It is different enough from Lime, Basil, Mandarin to justify owning both in my collection. Basil and Neroli emphasizes the Neroli while LBM is heavy on the basil and lime, which give it a more herbal edge.

EDIT: Updated Jo Malone and Jo Loves perfume collection (100ml, 50ml, 30ml, dry body oils):

E5A3283C-FBA9-4302-814B-5934FDD8BAF6.jpeg

Re: Jo Malone Thread: Share the News and Love!

Gorgeous LE Peony & Blush Suede packaging, currently available through Saks.

43078FA0-E265-41C8-83F6-59333661AF6C.jpeg

My goodness! That packaging @LCResz! 😍  

@blackkitty2014 Speaking of JM being on a roll, I happened across yet another JM release! While at Bloomingdale’s I spotted a beautiful bottle at the JM counter, I didn’t take a picture but I found the following online: 2349849F-1111-4C9E-A65C-31D1F62BD83D.jpeg

I tried Salted Amber and found that it was a nice, yet safe amber scent, nowhere near as interesting as Amber & Patchouli or Dark Amber & Ginger Lily. I didn’t pick it up despite how pretty the bottle looked (a transparent, barely turquoise glass in the traditional tall, rectangular shape with a mottled blue cap). It appears that it is only available in the 30ml size.

Turns out its part of yet another summer collection: Wild Swimming 2022! The collection consists of a reissue of Wood Sage & Sea Salt in the LE packaging, Salted Amber, Crystal Campion, Aqua Lemon, and Forest Moss. This coincides with last year’s Summer Fete Brit Collection, centering on a trip to the beach instead of a marmalade festival. I’m excited to try out the others in the collection because I love beachy scents, and rank Wood Sage & Sea Salt amongst my fave JM colognes. 

Thx you @LCResz @for the tag. The bottle is beautiful 😍 I don’t mind the smaller size. After 100 bottles and counting I stop buying the bigger size perfume bottle 😍

@blackkitty2014  Copy that, I have no more room to display my obsession collection, but I can’t not keep getting these releases when they’re so pretty!

Jo Malone is on a roll. A bunch of repromoted scents are now available at Sephora and also this one. @LCResz @have you tested it out? If you do, please give us some mini review. 🌹

8752E1F5-17DF-4232-9B53-B8BCDB22A3F3.jpeg

@blackkitty2014  I did get to try out both Sea Daffodil and Bitter Mandarin.

Sea Daffodil is a sweet and floral scent, but it’s not a standout cologne. Despite being based on a unique blossom it’s rather generic, ylang ylang is all I really get. 

Now Bitter Mandarin is a whole other story, it was instant love! It has a bright, almost fizzy quality coming from the all the lovely fruits and petitgrain, while the amber and iris ground the perfume, adding to the longevity on my skin. It’s distinct enough from last year’s Orange Peel that I think it’s a great addition to the yummy citrus scents JM does so well.

Thx you so much for your review @LCResz 🌹👍❤️

0A7809D8-706B-4952-8031-F19D4DE53B2A.jpeg
I hope this is a good one and will be available during the sale 😍

Oh this is a repromote @blackkitty2014 @LCResz @itsfi ?! 🤦🏻‍♀️😭 I had it when it first came out I’m almost sure! I thought was a new version or something I think! Phew! Pennies saved. 

@blackkitty2014 Sakura Cherry Blossom has been reissued several times since it was first released in 2011. It’s a lovely spring scent that is airy and powdery, but I find the cherry blossom note is quite fleeting, even for a JM cologne. I don’t have many of the Blossoms in my collection because they are so ephemeral to my nose.

Thx you so much for the feedback @LCResz. I vaguely remembered the name so I googled and found image of one of the release. I remember the bottle but have no clue what it smelled liked so I figured either my nose couldn’t detect the scent or the scent was forgettable. Your feedback just confirms it. Thx you thx you🌹❤️

@LCResz, you mentioned that this has an airy scent to it. Would it be safe to assume that the powdery scent you mentioned is more on the lighter, delicate side? Or is it a heavier powder scent? My nose and head have a harder time with heavier powdery scents. 

@itsfi The scent is zesty and lightly sweet, which is what gives it the airy quality to my mind. The rose gives it a powdery quality that isn’t overwhelming, pleasant but nothing earth shattering. For the price it’s a whole lot of not much. I’d grab for my V&R Dancing Roses if I were in need of a good roses and cherry brandy hit.

Thank you @LCResz! 😃 This is good to know. 

@blackkitty2014 @LCResz, early access for the fragrance is available now through the Sephora app.

896E5EC0-0473-40A9-8B15-3A565DA9FBF1.png

Thx @itsfi . This one is repromoted scent. I don’t remember how it smells. Decision decision 

@blackkitty2014, it is cherry blossom season so the release (or re-release) is timely. Or, maybe they are wanting to provide a more wallet friendly alternative to the Guerlain $600+ cherry blossom fragrance. 🌸 

Thx for the enabling friend @itsfi 😂🤣 Seriously the Guerlain cherry blossom price is pretty nut 😂🤣

@blackkitty2014, the bottle of the Guerlain this year is beautiful! 😍 I watched a short feature on the embroidery artist who helped design the bottle and kept thinking how the detailing was so lovely. Then I had to keep telling myself $600 … $600 … Maybe I should start digging through the couch to see if I can come up with enough loose change for it. 🤣 It really is very pretty.

Or selling a kidney @itsfi  😂🤣😂 I keep my kidney for now 🤣😂

518 Replies
testing