Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Brand Loyal
|

Jo Malone Thread: Share the News and Love!

I've searched high and low and haven't found a dedicated Jo Malone thread, but knowing how many of us enjoy JM products I though it'd be nice to have a place where we can share upcoming news and our favorites.

My all time favorite is Blue Agava and Cacao, followed by Peony Blush Suede.

I just picked up Basil and Neroli, which to my nose is a dead ringer for Bobbi Brown Beach! As I love Beach, I think this fragrance is going to be a new fave come the spring. It is different enough from Lime, Basil, Mandarin to justify owning both in my collection. Basil and Neroli emphasizes the Neroli while LBM is heavy on the basil and lime, which give it a more herbal edge.

EDIT: Updated Jo Malone and Jo Loves perfume collection (100ml, 50ml, 30ml, dry body oils):

E5A3283C-FBA9-4302-814B-5934FDD8BAF6.jpeg

Re: Jo Malone Thread: Share the News and Love!

@newcarlee Welcome to the obsession club! It’s the same Blackberry & Bay, just repackaged in the LE bottle. LE collections usually last for about a month, but some scents within a release can sell out quickly. I’ll be receiving my order of the new Brit Collection Tuesday, so I’ll report back with more notes that I hope will help you decide while they’re still available. 

I hope you enjoy the blossoms; the only one that’s ever worked for me is Silk Blossom, the rest don’t last that long on me at all. 

@LCResz, club works but so does “obsession” 😂 Excited to hear your thoughts on the JM Brit Collection. I’ve only been able to smell two of the fragrances.

@LCResz the Elderflower sounds interesting but the bottles are doing nothing for me. 😔

@curlychiquita @The Elderflower Cordial is apparently a rerelease of the Sugar & Spice Collection Gooseberry & Elderflower. It starts off as a rather odd scent, similar to the funky, indolic nature of Blackberry & Bay, but it settles into a lovely fruity floral scent, perfect for the summer. I’ve never been able to enjoy Blackberry & Bay, because to me the initial blast of weirdly vegetal, wet underbrush funk just never settles down into the juicy promise of blackberry; I’m thinking it’s the herbal nature of the bay that doesn’t mix well with me. However Elderflower Cordial delivers on its namesake, because its dry down is very enjoyable.

I’ve also been able to try the Orange Peel, and while it’s a fairly linear experience, it absolutely delivers on its promise of a sweet and fruity marmalade gourmand experience. It’s a perfect citrusy sweet layering choice for fun summer vibes!

That's great information, @LCResz, thank you!  I own a lot of what I would call winter or evening scents. The only summery scent I own, which I love but is still heavy, is Jo Malone London Jasmine Sambac & Marigold Cologne Intense I did own Jo Malone London Wood Sage & Sea Salt Cologne but I finished it. I don't think the Elderflower Cordial sounds right for me. I'll have to try to get to a Nordstrom soon to try it out through my mask 

@curlychiquita Agreed, most of the Cologne Intenses are definitely heavy scents that don’t scream summer. Basil & Neroli is one of the fresher, but still interesting, permanent JM scents. But I’m not a usually a huge fan of most citrusy/fruity scents, they veer way too easily into Bath & Bodyworks or household cleaning products terrain, so my definition of summer is squarely placed in the suntan lotion universe, ala Bobbi Brown Beach, Replica Beach Walk, Tom Ford Portofino Neroli 😎

@LCResz Thanks! RHUBARB OMG...I am going broke apparently! HAHA

Care for company @ChristalM? All these releases!!! Did they always come out en masse like this? I don't remember. Or, am I just choosing to forget?! 😂

Thank you for posting this news @LCResz. Sounds like an afternoon of testing these newbies might be in order. Hmmm... will have to read up on these new scents. 

@itsfi I know! It is BAD right now. As I await my two Sephora orders...my new Holts order AND Just got a Mancera fragrance order!

BUT RUBARB. Please report back if you get a chance to sniff. Stores are closed here so I have no chance to smell 😞

@ChristalM, I'm fascinated by the rhubarb as well. Will let you know if I do find my way to a store; may not be for a few weeks. Oh, Mancera?!!! 😍 

@itsfi yeah I ordered the 5 pack of travel sizes from their site, which is a really good deal I think at $80US.

I got:

Wild Candy

Black Vanilla

Vanilla exclusive

Holiday

Amber somehting...

And after a Luckyscent order too...oh my after typing that I really gotta stop!

@ChristalM, I love travel / mini sets of fragrances. 💖 Such  great way to really know how the scent will wear on you throughout the day, or combined with other scents. Wow, those are good ones in that set! You're going to have so much fun trying them.

I may be falling out of love with Jo Malone... I decided to blindbuy the Red Hibiscus Intense because the notes seemed right up my alley, and the ad copy got to me. I guess being cooped up for a year made the prospect of a tropical getaway in a bottle too much to resist, but I regret my purchase. It’s not that the scent is bad, it’s just not as advertised. Red Hibiscus should have been called Vanilla Flower Intense so that my expectations wouldn’t have been let down so badly. It’s another humdrum vanilla heavy scent that smells like dozens of other fragrances available year round, so the limited edition appeal is purely for the packaging. The fragrance’s actual performance is good, which makes sense since it’s an Intense, but it just doesn’t evoke a trip to an exotic island to me, more like a stroll up and down the perfume section of Macy’s. 

The new round bottles are nice enough, but honestly Byredo and Commodity have been there and done that; the colorful caps are cute and about the only things that make the new bottle designs stand out. I’ve worn the scent two days in a row, and I don’t think I’ll grab for it again for a while. JM is totally mainstream now, and dare I say safe and boring more often than not. Time to find a new, funky little atelier and hope it doesn’t lose its edge if it gets bought out by a conglomerate like Estée Lauder 😞

I'm sorry to hear that, @LCResz! I'm allergic to vanilla scented items for the most part, so it's good to know to stay away from some scents.

I was able to try out the Yellow Hibiscus Blossom yesterday, but sadly I don’t love it. It opens with a very strong citrus punch, thanks to the lime. It reminds me of kitchen detergent or air freshener upon first spray, but after a few minutes it settles down into a nondescript fruity floral cologne that would be easily confused with anything you could pick up at Bath and Bodyworks. The projection is decent but the sillage is typical of other JM citrus-based colognes, so not great for this price point. Even though I do love the packaging, it’s a no-buy for me. However, if you like tropical scents you should definitely try it out.

They didn’t have the Red Hibiscus in stock yet, but I have higher hopes for this one since it’s an Intense and has a vanilla base, which should help with the staying power.

Thanks for your review, @LCResz! That's good to know. I'm not a huge citrus scent person.

Spring 2021 Blossom Collection has landed a little earlier online than what my SA told me! 
48992867-BA5B-4D03-B708-11F573FC5DB7.jpegCA0F3E26-46FD-4380-A1A1-17148D7E0679.jpeg

@LCResz, They look beautiful! 🌺🌹💮

@curlychiquita I’m really curious about the two hibiscus variations, but when my friend and I went by JM last week they only had the Frangipani and Nashi on hand. Hopefully this weekend everything will be in store.

The Spring 2021 Blossom Collection will be coming out in March! I don’t have any pictures but I did see the new packaging and it is ADORABLE! Get ready for ROUND BOTTLES (reminded me of Byredo packaging) and colorful round caps (reminiscent of Armani caps but more translucent)! The collection will bring back nashi and frangipani, and will introduce yellow hibiscus and red hibiscus! There will be a body mist and a diffuser along with the colognes. 

Thx for posting @LCResz 🌹

testing