Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Brand Loyal
|

Jo Malone Thread: Share the News and Love!

I've searched high and low and haven't found a dedicated Jo Malone thread, but knowing how many of us enjoy JM products I though it'd be nice to have a place where we can share upcoming news and our favorites.

My all time favorite is Blue Agava and Cacao, followed by Peony Blush Suede.

I just picked up Basil and Neroli, which to my nose is a dead ringer for Bobbi Brown Beach! As I love Beach, I think this fragrance is going to be a new fave come the spring. It is different enough from Lime, Basil, Mandarin to justify owning both in my collection. Basil and Neroli emphasizes the Neroli while LBM is heavy on the basil and lime, which give it a more herbal edge.

EDIT: Updated Jo Malone and Jo Loves perfume collection (100ml, 50ml, 30ml, dry body oils):

E5A3283C-FBA9-4302-814B-5934FDD8BAF6.jpeg

Re: Jo Malone Thread: Share the News and Love!

@LCResz What a great description!  THANKS 🙂  It sounds like I'd like it a lot.

The Spring 2019 Limited Edition collection is now available online directly from Jo Malone:

4CB541DB-50AF-42AB-821A-19713A6A91EC.jpeg

@LCReszI hope these hit counters soon 🙂

New birthstone caps now available. They look gorgeous but way out of my ballpark!

AE75CD58-0F3F-4E8B-BDF2-41BC8BFF07CD.jpeg
0EB2C0AF-5DEB-426D-9C20-76D224304EC7.jpeg
AD5C8120-42BB-440F-A994-582B8EC37ED0.jpeg

trip to Michaels/joanns: lil can of copper spray paint $7...

trip to Michaels/joanns: lil can of bronze color spray paint $7* + big jewel(they sell Swarovski there😉) in the color of your choice $10* + lil dab of hot glue + satisfaction of not paying $330 = priceless *I'm guessing

$330 for cubic zirconia and bronze?? 😯 They're gorgeous, but that seems a tad ridiculous, especially considering they cost significantly more than the bottles they are meant to crown. 

so pretty but yeah way out of my price range as well 

New Cologne Intense scent now available on JoMalone directly.

F33C5569-42A4-48F7-A2B3-DB9089BDA892.jpeg

Hi everyone! I recently got a sample of a Jo Malone thrown into an order, which is my first exposure to the brand. Has anyone had experience with the Wood Sage and Sea Salt scent? I kinda liked it when I gave it an initial spray after opening my order, but have yet to wear it. It’s a touch more masculine than I would normally go, but I’d be interested on anyone’s thoughts on it, how it wears etc. Or any other suggestions to try would also be appreciated!

@veronika23 @pocketvenus thanks for the tips ladies! I’ll definitely try out some of your suggestions!

@cianni  this is one of my favorite fragrances! I wear it on its own. The down side for me is that it doesn't last that long. I heard if I use the cream with it it would help but I haven't purchased it yet. I'm waiting to get my hands on a smaller version of it to see how it works.

@cianniif you want to feminize it, you could try pairing it with simple, clean floral. JM recommends blending with Peony & Blush. Cheaper options you could test with a rollerball might be a light tuberose a la Gucci Bloom. Margiela Tea Escape for a light jasmine infused tea, or Margiela's Flower Market for a fresh floral. Nest's Citrine for a sweeter, denser freesia and lotus. If you want to stick with JM's recommendation of pairing with peonies, Stella's Peony fragrance is a light, simple one.

Hi @cianni! I love Wood Sage & Sea Salt! I finds it’s a true unisex fragrance that makes me feel very fresh and mellow when I wear it. I think it layers beautifully with citrusy scents to make them more sophisticated and cozy.

@LCResz Thank you that’s good to know! I’ve never tried layering because im afraid it’ll turn into a strange mess, but now that I know citrus will work I’ll give it a try 😂

I also posted this in the Deals section: it’s a great discount directly from Jo Malone!A88750C7-CF91-4C33-90B4-23EDCBA38900.jpeg

New Body and Hair Oil in a fan favorite scent: 4B44E8D9-733F-419A-BE42-65BECC63B2D7.jpeg

I picked up the new body oil and I find that the scent lasts well, but as a hydrating body oil it isn’t anything extraordinary. For the price it’s not worth it as a moisturize oil, but as a perfumed oil it is an excellent carrier and has better staying power than the cologne. 

Jo Malone Canada has their free full-size game up right now. 

You'll play their "bauble" game and a free item will be added to your cart with a $175.00 purchase. 

So far, I've found the following items with the game:

• French Lime Blossom 30 ml
  • Blackberry and Bay home candle (from the striped Poppy x JM Bath collection)
  • JM Tropical Cherimoya fragrance 100 ml 
  • JM Plum Blossom fragrance 100 ml

New scent at Nordstrom

whitemossandsnowdrop.png

And cross posting from the 'Fragrance Junkie Central' thread, a Jo Malone Miniatures Vault,  The Luxury Cologne Collection for $600 with 25 minis at Neiman Marcus

jo malone.png

For anyone who is curious I had a chance to test White Moss and Snow Drops in Blue Mercury yesterday. I got a bit obsessed with it based on the name and description but I didn't love it in person. I really wanted to love it so much because I've been obsessing about it since it came out but I'm glad I didn't end up blindly ordering it.

I was hoping for that fresh snowdrop-y/winter scent (like luxe winter bath and body works) but that's just not it. It just left a mostly licorice scent (guessing that's the cardamon). It just smelled a bit heavy - it wasn't light and fresh which is what I expect from snow. 

@Kim888 Thank you for the review! I am always suckered into buying perfumes sight un-smelled (?) based on the beautiful descriptions and what I think they should smell like. I don't know what I don't learn because it rarely pans out... I was also intrigued by this scent but when you mentioned licorice...bleh.

3 Replies
testing