Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Brand Loyal
|

Jo Malone Thread: Share the News and Love!

I've searched high and low and haven't found a dedicated Jo Malone thread, but knowing how many of us enjoy JM products I though it'd be nice to have a place where we can share upcoming news and our favorites.

My all time favorite is Blue Agava and Cacao, followed by Peony Blush Suede.

I just picked up Basil and Neroli, which to my nose is a dead ringer for Bobbi Brown Beach! As I love Beach, I think this fragrance is going to be a new fave come the spring. It is different enough from Lime, Basil, Mandarin to justify owning both in my collection. Basil and Neroli emphasizes the Neroli while LBM is heavy on the basil and lime, which give it a more herbal edge.

EDIT: Updated Jo Malone and Jo Loves perfume collection (100ml, 50ml, 30ml, dry body oils):

E5A3283C-FBA9-4302-814B-5934FDD8BAF6.jpeg

Re: Jo Malone Thread: Share the News and Love!

I picked up the new body oil and I find that the scent lasts well, but as a hydrating body oil it isn’t anything extraordinary. For the price it’s not worth it as a moisturize oil, but as a perfumed oil it is an excellent carrier and has better staying power than the cologne. 

Jo Malone Canada has their free full-size game up right now. 

You'll play their "bauble" game and a free item will be added to your cart with a $175.00 purchase. 

So far, I've found the following items with the game:

• French Lime Blossom 30 ml
  • Blackberry and Bay home candle (from the striped Poppy x JM Bath collection)
  • JM Tropical Cherimoya fragrance 100 ml 
  • JM Plum Blossom fragrance 100 ml

New scent at Nordstrom

whitemossandsnowdrop.png

And cross posting from the 'Fragrance Junkie Central' thread, a Jo Malone Miniatures Vault,  The Luxury Cologne Collection for $600 with 25 minis at Neiman Marcus

jo malone.png

For anyone who is curious I had a chance to test White Moss and Snow Drops in Blue Mercury yesterday. I got a bit obsessed with it based on the name and description but I didn't love it in person. I really wanted to love it so much because I've been obsessing about it since it came out but I'm glad I didn't end up blindly ordering it.

I was hoping for that fresh snowdrop-y/winter scent (like luxe winter bath and body works) but that's just not it. It just left a mostly licorice scent (guessing that's the cardamon). It just smelled a bit heavy - it wasn't light and fresh which is what I expect from snow. 

@Kim888 Thank you for the review! I am always suckered into buying perfumes sight un-smelled (?) based on the beautiful descriptions and what I think they should smell like. I don't know what I don't learn because it rarely pans out... I was also intrigued by this scent but when you mentioned licorice...bleh.

Review of Rose and White Musk Absolut: i was so disappointed by this fragrance. I tried it out yesterday while at the Jo Malone boutique, so I was in the mood to love everything (I had serious mall brain going on!) Alas, no joy with this beautifully packaged yet disappointing scent. It starts off very sharp, as all Rose scents from the JM tend to do. Unfortunately it never develops into anything other than a linear, green Rose scent, I never got the musk or any other notes that wowed me, so for the price I’m not seeing the allure of this cologne over the Red Roses already in the line. On me the sillage and longevity were on par with JM Intense colognes, but again nothing extraordinary that merits the cost. For my money I’ll stick to Velvet Rose & Oud. 

RE: Re: Jo Malone Thread: Share the News and Love!

Thank you for your review, @LCResz! I'll stick with my Ve...

Thank you for your review, @LCResz! I'll stick with my Velvet Rose and Oud.

It’s that time again! 506CA9E5-12A7-47D3-AD1C-A554C7E3642A.jpeg

Good luck!

I totally forgot that there's a Jo Malone thread on here! I played around with the game yesterday and a little bit this morning. Here are all the different things I've won.

Yesterday:

English Pear & Freesia Bath Oil 30ml

English Oak & Redcurrant Body & Hand Wash 250ml

Orange Blossom Body & Hand Wash 100ml

Orange Blossom Body Crème 50ml

Acqua Di Limone Linen Spray 175ml

Black Cedarwood & Juniper Body & Hand Wash 250ml

Orange Bitters Cologne 30ml

Blackberry & Bay Shower Oil 250ml

English Oak & Redcurrant Body Crème 175ml

Geranium & Walnut Hand Cream 50ml

Wood Sage & Sea Salt Body Creme 50ml

Today (not including repeats):

154 Body & Hand Wash 250ml

Wood Sage & Sea Salt Body & Hand Wash 100ml

New JM scent: Honeysuckle & Davana

jm honeysuckle davana.JPG

Top: Davana, "a green plant with hints of liquorice, brings vibrancy to the fragrance and a touch of a fruity note."

Heart: Honeysuckle, "with a radiant floralcy brings a rich character to the heart of the fragrance. Imbued with accents of honey."

Base: Moss, "evocative of undergrowth damp with fresh rain, the verdancy of moss cushions the base of the fragrance in earthy, woody warmth."

I thought this was an interesting comment from an interview with Master Perfume Anne Flipo about inspiration for the fragrance:

" It was very important for me to capture the bucolic feeling – that pleasant feeling of countryside life – as well as all the facets of the honeysuckle flower."

RE: Re: Jo Malone Thread: Share the News and Love!

I have used the new honeysuckle and Divina fragrance and oh my gosh I am in love!! It’s beautiful it’s sensual it’s everything you could ask for if you love floral

@lachaton This fragrance sounds quite interesting !

ooh i agree I love the smell of honey suckle!

Jo Malone hiked price. I remember they did last year after Just Because, and now I can see small incremental in price as well. Looks like they're hiking every year 😞

@Acha Sadly yes, JM does increase its prices just about yearly. When I first started to obsess over the brand way back in 2005, I believe the going price for 30 ml was about $48 and $80 for 100 ml! It's roughly a 5% increase a year. 💸

@Acha, I hope it's not every year. Tom Ford and Le Labo, other houses owned by Lauder, have also had price hikes in recent years.

Coming in July, a brand new item that hopefully means we’ll see the brand expand into more hair and skincare products!

From Hello! Magazine: Created with a blend of sweet almond and macadamia seed oils, the fast-absorbing oil is infused with Jo Malone’s signature scent, Lime Basil & Mandarin. D3341B59-7660-4FE5-A674-C2606F24B316.jpeg

I still have the Lime Basil Mandarin dry body oil JM produced a while back and the scent translates beautifully in oil form, so this should be lovely in one’s tresses!

Uh-oh, the 100 ml Basil and Neroli cologne I was supposed to receive as a gwp from the Just Because game (the cologne that a customer service rep was giving to me because the product wouldn't stay in my cart,) was canceled.  I hope this doesn't happen to anyone else.  The email says to call if I want something else, so hopefully that will work out.

@Ispend2much6 Oh no, hope it works out! My 100 ml ginger says it shipped, but I haven’t received it yet...

@PrettyPaint  I hope you get yours also!  Maybe it has something to do with mine being a new scent.

testing