Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Brand Loyal
|

Jo Malone Thread: Share the News and Love!

I've searched high and low and haven't found a dedicated Jo Malone thread, but knowing how many of us enjoy JM products I though it'd be nice to have a place where we can share upcoming news and our favorites.

My all time favorite is Blue Agava and Cacao, followed by Peony Blush Suede.

I just picked up Basil and Neroli, which to my nose is a dead ringer for Bobbi Brown Beach! As I love Beach, I think this fragrance is going to be a new fave come the spring. It is different enough from Lime, Basil, Mandarin to justify owning both in my collection. Basil and Neroli emphasizes the Neroli while LBM is heavy on the basil and lime, which give it a more herbal edge.

EDIT: Updated Jo Malone and Jo Loves perfume collection (100ml, 50ml, 30ml, dry body oils):

E5A3283C-FBA9-4302-814B-5934FDD8BAF6.jpeg

Re: Jo Malone Thread: Share the News and Love!

@LCResz, Velvet Rose & Oud looks & sounds so gorgeous!

Why you do this to me @LCResz? How can I say no with a gorgeous bottles like that. I already had the Tuberose ones but now I must choose one between the other 2 scents. Velvet Rose might have to come home with me.

@blackkitty2014 I don't know what you're talking about... (quietly chanting Do It! Do It! Do It!) image.gif

Wow, it is much more expensive than the regular bottle. Is the price difference only for the bottle or am I missing something else @LCResz?

@blackkitty2014 The Extract version has more of the pure oils, so more oud/more rose/more tuberose than what is used in the Intense version.  I haven’t smelled any from these new incarnations, but I hope they AREN’T even better than the originals or else I am in deep trouble. Bye bye $ 💸

Thx you @LCResz. It is dangerous for our wallets indeed 

The latest from JM; the bottle is gorgeous but it's priced like the Rare Teas, so I hope it's truly amazing!

image.jpeg

Some tropical scents are coming from JM!

image.jpegimage.jpeg

A Tropical Cherimoya cologne in 30ml and 100 ml, and a Cattleya Flower Body Mist. Both are available to order from Norstrom right now!

These sound exciting, @LCResz! The bottles are beautiful!

@curlychiquita I finally had a chance to visit the JM boutique and tried out both of these scents. Sadly, the mist is nothing to write home about; it's a glorified Bath and Body Works type of fruity scent with absolutely no sillage and zero longevity. I'd be better off spending the same amount of $ at BBW during its sale and buying enough product to refresh the vaguely fruity/floral scent all day long with abandon. Seriously, $65 for a $5 experience? This was an easy pass for me.

On to the good news: Tropical Cherimoya is brilliant! It is such a departure from the usual JM offering because it is a loud and proud tropical fruit extravaganza, leaving all the other JM fruity scents in the dust. I fell in love at first sniff, and as the frangrance settled down it really opened up and let the smoky-vanilla-y tonka base turn the initially fresh scent into something much more exciting. I had to get a full size bottle of the juice.

Disclaimer: I HATE fruity scents since they read as rancid, overripe sugar bombs on my skin, so it takes a lot for me to say that Tropical Cherimoya is exactly the scent I never knew I always wanted to wear here in the hot and humid perpetual summer of Florida. Second disclaimer: if you have ever eaten cherimoya then you might be confused by this scent because it doesn't really smell like the fruit at all, but I think that's a good thing as the real fruit doesn't smell like much of anything. 

Thx for the review @LCResz.  I have eaten Cherimoya before.  Not my favorite fruit but i dont hate it.  🙂  I'm so glad i can pass this with ease with your review.  I'm still having too many JM scents on my wish list. 🙂

@LCResz, thank you so much for your review!  I'm glad to know about the mist.  Jo Malone can be hit or miss that way.  I'm happy to hear that you love the Tropical Cherimoya though! I'm not a fruity scent person normally, either, but my son says I smell pretty when I have them on.  This sounds like a good compromise.  I will check this one out!

Jo Malone Thread: Share the News and Love!

I Jo'd today. Blackberry & Bay for myself and a Birthday gift for a friend.

Jo Malone has such gorgeous scents!  Enjoy your new perfume, @GG84!

Enjoy @GG84!!

The latest news from Now Smell This website: Jo Malone will launch Jasmine Sambac & Marigold, a new fragrance in the Cologne Intense Collection. The brand has also reissued Plum Blossom, Nashi Blossom and Sakura Cherry Blossom as the limited edition "Blossom Girls" collection.

Serene fields of jasmine sambac. The most precious jasmine of all. Pure white buds plucked at dawn. Fresh with dew. Coveted gems of the colourful Indian flower market. Glowing against vibrant marigold and exotic ylang ylang. A beautiful contrast of garlands. Entwined with rich benzoin resin. Enveloped by the warmth of vanilla and amber.

Jasmine Sambac & Marigold is now available at Blue Mercury and Neiman Marcus last i looked 😉

@blackkitty2014 During my recent JM boutique excursion I got to take this out for a test drive and unfortunately... I LOVE IT! Dash it all, why does JM know how to make a feminine and sensual cologne so well? It is a richly floral fragrance, and as night Jasmine is one of my all time favorite scents this one hit me where it hurts, but it's a good hurt 😉 What's most surprising is the Marigold, which is a sweet and green type of floral scent, and it manages to go toe-to-toe with the redolent jasmine. Together they are a walk through a garden late at night, the scent acting as your paramour as it wraps itself around you while you breathe in deeply and let out a sigh of contentment. I had to get the full sized bottle, and it's been an adventure layering it with my other JM scents. It goes insanely well with Peony & Blush Suede and Star Magnolia!

@LCResz, I love it too. At first I think it is too similar to TF Jasmine Rouge but the Marigold makes it different enough that I can justify a full-size bottle. It is on my love list. Thank you for the layering tip. I must try it now

Jo Loves will launch a new scent in April. It is called Orange Butterflies. It will be available in 50 & 100ml bottles. The scent is inspired by her travels to southern France. The notes include orange blossom, mandarin. Neroli, and petitgrain. This is all the information I have for now. I am hoping tbat Sephora will carry this one too. 

I will be interesting to see how this different from the current Jo Malone Orange Blossom 😉 Thx @Scentual1

1 Reply
testing