Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Brand Loyal
|

Jo Malone Thread: Share the News and Love!

I've searched high and low and haven't found a dedicated Jo Malone thread, but knowing how many of us enjoy JM products I though it'd be nice to have a place where we can share upcoming news and our favorites.

My all time favorite is Blue Agava and Cacao, followed by Peony Blush Suede.

I just picked up Basil and Neroli, which to my nose is a dead ringer for Bobbi Brown Beach! As I love Beach, I think this fragrance is going to be a new fave come the spring. It is different enough from Lime, Basil, Mandarin to justify owning both in my collection. Basil and Neroli emphasizes the Neroli while LBM is heavy on the basil and lime, which give it a more herbal edge.

EDIT: Updated Jo Malone and Jo Loves perfume collection (100ml, 50ml, 30ml, dry body oils):

E5A3283C-FBA9-4302-814B-5934FDD8BAF6.jpeg

โ€ƒ

Re: Jo Malone Thread: Share the News and Love!

@Stazzy I had a very helpful JM SA at NM who sent me sample vials of all 6 scents, and unfortunately nothing really spoke to me. I mean, they are nice, don't get me wrong, but some scents were rather lacking in their "tea" notes. I'm personally not convinced enough to make any purchase from this collection.

In case you are interested, a few people have also commented on the rare teas collection, either on this thread or the fragrance junkie thread. HTH!

20170616_152345_1497645255193_resized.jpg

Goodness! How you get it so fast?  So jelly! Did you get both scents?

I only got the one. It shipped from Kentucky and I am Tennessee so it took only 2 days. 

Nice! Enjoy!

I received my Orange Blossom ( Poptastice version) perfume today. The box is the normal style box, but they used the multicolored ribbons featured in the promos. In addition to my samples, there was one of the store bags with the confetti pattern printed on it and one of the confetti poppers that were featured in some of the ads. The packaging is very cute.

I placed an order during the pick and spritz and it's supposed to be here on Monday. But it's supposed to get to 115 degrees in my city that day. Has anyone had any issues with weather effecting their order? Is the packaging well insulated? Should I try and delay the delivery? I think I need to wait until summer is over before buying anything else lol, I've already had one Sephora order show up hot..

๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜Guys....I am in love with the orris & sandalwood i snagged during the promo. OMG this is beautiful. I am a huge fan of smokey, deep scents. This reminds me somewhat of Tom Ford Noir but it's not as intricate or peppery. This also reminds me of Violets candy mints. My mom used to eat these when i was a kid and I hated the way they taste but love the way it smelled (guess I can understand her logic with eating them, her breath smelt awesome after eating one๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚).

I also got the basil & neroli and it's ok...It's kind of the opposite of smokey intense but I still really like it. Darn I wish this promo was stil going on so I could get another orris & sandalwood. Kind of worried since these were included in the promo they'll be discontinued. 

Of the intense line, Orris & Sandalwood is the only

one I ever felt to get in the full size, it's so cozy and perfect when the weather gets cool. Basil & Neroli is a great warm weather fragrance, so you're all set for the year ๐Ÿ˜‰ enjoy your new lovelies!

Ooh thank you for the review @misscg!  I ended up getting Orris&Sandalwood and I'm so anxious to try it...the sort of dark, smokey scent sounds like I may not like it.  Oh well, I guess we'll see ๐Ÿ˜ง

@Madeline7 I think it starts out smokey but as it's drying down it does have a sweetness to it. I'm terrible at explaining scents ๐Ÿ™‚ 

The basil & neroli is very fresh, like grass but in a good way. 

I'm also noticing the names and scents don't match up in my mind with this brand lol. The blackberry & bay shower oil smells like celery to me. The wood sage & sea salt body cream smells super sweet (the welcome sample size).

I think this is going to become yet another expensive indulgence I may get addicted to lol.

Yeah I agree with you, I often get a very unexpected experience from JM scents.   I still can't smell anything when I try Wood Sage!  Now that you mention it, I do get celery from Blackberry & Bay lol!

I'm glad I'm not the only one that finds the names a little off lol. 

Upcoming releases for the Fall collection!

English Oak & Hazelnut (Hazelnut, Cedar, Roasted Oak)

English Oak & Currant (Currant, Rose, Roasted Oak)

upload_6172432084031860674.jpg

I will be curious to try the Oak & Currant version...I've loved woody rose scents in the past

Jo Malone direct is giving away free full sized perfumes!  They have a "Pick and Spritz" crane game type thing.  I won a 100ml Basil & Neroli (I LOVE this scent!), but I also saw Oud&Bergamot, and other things like hand creams, candles, etc...

Thank you for posting!๐Ÿ˜  I made my first order with Jo Malone.  I puchased a bath oil with the 100 ml Basil and Neroli cologne prize.  The hubs loves the cologne.  It turned out to be a great Father's Day present.๐ŸŽ๐Ÿ’™

I went to NM today after work to sniff all the give away scents today.  I'm glad I got the Basil & Neroli. To my nose it is a softer version of Tom Ford Neeoli Portofino which I think I can wear. I regret not getting the Velvet Rose & Oud body cream. Iฬt is a beautiful scent

I did the same thing yesterday!  I forgot to try the Rose & Oud one - it sounds nice.  Although JM body creams seem to turn to ick on my skin.

I was pleasantly surprised by Oud&Bergamot...it reminded me a bit of Le Labo Santal 33, which I find really intoxicating and want to keep smelling.  But even though I like to smell the scent, I'm not sure that I want to smell like the scent?  If that makes sense

Oud & Bergamot is a tricky scent.  Somehow i have a vial sample of it.  I spray it on my wrist and sniff it.  I hate it at first  but then the Oud scent settle down and the whole thing is really lovely.  I wanted to redeem that one that day but it was OOS.

@blackkitty2014 have you tried Orris & Sandalwood?  I redeemed that one but still havent sampled it yet!

@Madeline7 I couldnt tried that one. The tester was completely empty ๐Ÿ˜ž

5 Replies
testing