Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Brand Loyal
|

Jo Malone Thread: Share the News and Love!

I've searched high and low and haven't found a dedicated Jo Malone thread, but knowing how many of us enjoy JM products I though it'd be nice to have a place where we can share upcoming news and our favorites.

My all time favorite is Blue Agava and Cacao, followed by Peony Blush Suede.

I just picked up Basil and Neroli, which to my nose is a dead ringer for Bobbi Brown Beach! As I love Beach, I think this fragrance is going to be a new fave come the spring. It is different enough from Lime, Basil, Mandarin to justify owning both in my collection. Basil and Neroli emphasizes the Neroli while LBM is heavy on the basil and lime, which give it a more herbal edge.

EDIT: Updated Jo Malone and Jo Loves perfume collection (100ml, 50ml, 30ml, dry body oils):

E5A3283C-FBA9-4302-814B-5934FDD8BAF6.jpeg

Re: Jo Malone Thread: Share the News and Love!

Hey, I tried it on store today. Not sure if I like it. It's pure sandalwood scent, quite heavy. I'm hoping it will grow on me. Definitely not a fragrance for masses.

Glad to find Jo Malone lovers here as I was not aware of this group before.

I did lot of destruction with the the promotion. Btw, was that one offer per customer or a person can order as many orders as they can? Also has anyone received a shipping confirmation for thier order yet?

I received my stuff today! A bit miffed though... my pomegranate noir lotion is missing the top. Gonna have to contact them 😞

You could place as many as you want.  Mine shipped on monday and should arrive at the end of the week 🙂

new things I 'won'

30 ml Basil and Neroli

Full sized candle  Basil and Neroli  (OOS)

Hand Wash of B&N

(this made me wish I held off on buying my 100ml of Basil and Neroli last Christmas 😕 )

Prizes seem to be dwindling down a bit...just won a free engraving. Off to try again!

I got the same thing! just an FYI many of the smaller $$ amount items are not in stock probably due to this promotion. 

Yeah I noticed that!

Ok now I just got 50ml of Orris and Sandalwood and I'm making another purchase...I need to stop 😧

lol! what did you purchase to get the GWP?

I'm getting the Peony Blush shower oil.  Its $45 and sounds really nice!

Anyone had any experience with diffusers? I am thinking of getting one but wanted to ask before I commit. What is your fav and how is the strength?

I went to a Jo Malone boutique for the first time yesterday and was really impressed!  I love the bow diffusers they have, so you can smell everything without feeling wasteful or getting dizzy from fumes lol

I sampled English Pear & Freesia and confirmed that it smells VERY different from the hand cream.  @LCResz was absolutely correct, the heavy pear scent in the cream was less noticeable in the cologne.  I actually really liked it.  I was also blown away by Mimosa & Cardamom (floral and warm without being too spicy or incense-y and lasted all day long) , Wild Bluebell, and Earl Grey & Cucumber.

On the other hand, I was less impressed by the limited edition collections 😞  I wanted to love Blue Hyacinth and Garden Lilies, but they were kind of weak and underwhelming.

I also wanted to love Wood Sage & Sea salt, but I honestly couldn't smell much of anything (I had a similar problem with Blackberry & Bay).

I ended up going home with Star Magnolia, which was a lovely soft, almost powdery floral.  Its very nice, although I wish I had gotten a sample first because I've found its a pretty short-lived scent.

Can anyone speak as to whether or not the scent of the Jo Malone hand creams are consistent with the colognes?

Based on the notes, I expected to really like English Pear & Freesia, but I got a sample of the hand cream version and didn't care for it that much 😐  Is it worth sampling the cologne too?

The cremes tend to focus on the heart notes while the colognes have subtle nuances that make them so much fun to layer. 

About 2 weeks ago, Nordstrom had an artist in the cosmetics section hand painting perfumes. I picked up the Star Magnolia hair mist and had the artist paint some flowers on it along with my mothers' initials and a little saying so I can gift it to her for Mother's Day. I just wanted to share this to show everyone the beautiful bottle and to add that star magnolia smells MAGNIFICENT! 🙂

jomalone.jpg

jomalone2.jpg

Ooh I've really wanted to try this one- are there any other perfumes its similar to?

The opening is pure white florals, but the dry down veers towards Bobbi Brown perfume territory. I get BB Almost Bare and BB Beach notes after a couple of hours in terms of clean and mildly soapy notes, but the magnolia is still faintly detectable all the way until the end of the day. 

@Madeline7 Nothing that I can think of is similar to Star Magnolia but I'm sure you can just write down the fragrance notes it has and try to find a similar one based on the notes if you wanted to get an idea of what it smells like. To me it's a combination of sweet and floral but I know that's real vague so it won't help 😐

Oh that's beautiful!  What a lovely gift.   Your mom is going to LOVE it!

@michelleshops Thanks 😉

Darn it, I miss the bottle painting event again 😞 Beautiful! 

3 Replies
testing