Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Brand Loyal
|

Jo Malone Thread: Share the News and Love!

I've searched high and low and haven't found a dedicated Jo Malone thread, but knowing how many of us enjoy JM products I though it'd be nice to have a place where we can share upcoming news and our favorites.

My all time favorite is Blue Agava and Cacao, followed by Peony Blush Suede.

I just picked up Basil and Neroli, which to my nose is a dead ringer for Bobbi Brown Beach! As I love Beach, I think this fragrance is going to be a new fave come the spring. It is different enough from Lime, Basil, Mandarin to justify owning both in my collection. Basil and Neroli emphasizes the Neroli while LBM is heavy on the basil and lime, which give it a more herbal edge.

EDIT: Updated Jo Malone and Jo Loves perfume collection (100ml, 50ml, 30ml, dry body oils):

E5A3283C-FBA9-4302-814B-5934FDD8BAF6.jpeg

Re: Jo Malone Thread: Share the News and Love!

@blackkitty2014 Oh no! I'm sorry about that 😞 They definitely didn't advertise it...I just happened to walk by and see a girl with a table full of fragrances and asked her what was going on. If they have it again, I will be sure to post on the deals thread to let everyone know.

Oh no, I don't mean to make you feel bad. Enjoy! I know Nordstrom uses to have some in-store event that they paint  /engrave the bottle. Somehow I always manage to miss it

@blackkitty2014 I'll try to remember to tag you next time I hear anything about painting or engraving services!

@gonerogue That is such a great gift! Making it more personal with a artist and the message, just makes it perfect! This is something you can wear and display! Awesome job!!!!!

@imlostagain Thanks! I'm trying to introduce my mom to the lovely world of Jo Malone so this will be her first JM fragrance. I hope she likes it as much as we do!

I just received my Star Magnolia and I concur, it is beautiful! It's floral but not overwhelming, and has a soft, soapy clean dry down that is perfect for the muggy Florida summer! 

Your bottle art is gorgeous @gonerogue! Did you also get the cute flower decoration to go around the top? I'm trying to figure out how to fluff out the detail since it got a little squished in transport 😕

@LCResz Yes the artist kinda did her own thing because I didn't know what kind of flowers to have her paint and she went around the top and asked for my mom's initials to make it a little more personalized. Are you gifting yours as well?

@gonerogue Got it just for me, as a teacher I'm appreciating myself this week 😉

@LCResz no harm in that! Treat yo self! 😉

Has anyone tried the Rare Teas collection?

Specifically the Silver Needle Tea cologne?

I got a sampler card in the mail a few days ago and it smells lovely. But it's $240 for 2.7 oz and $340 for 5.1 oz., which kinda (really) hurts me.

How was longevity? Normally, other Jo Malone fragrances last 3 to 4 hours on me, tops. I wouldn't mind as much for paying the heftier price tag if it lasts, say 8+ hours.

(Also, anyone know when would be a good time/where to buy it? I was thinking % off or $$ rewards cards)

I really had high hopes for this tea collection.  I went and tried them out at Neiman Marcus counter.  I wasnt impressed.  Out of 5-6 of them, i think i like 2.  I dont think it lasts longer than the regular JM but double/tripple the price.  The price sure keeps me away from buying a bottle.

I tried a sampler of the Rare Teas when they came out. They all had pretty minimal longevity (2-3 hours).. i would have considered purchasing one or two if thry came in thr standard LE size and pricing, but imo it's way overpriced for what it is.

@KatieBT or any other mods out there-- it doesn't seem like Sephora has the entire JM fragrances as of now. It's missing White Jasmine and Mint (which happens to be one of my favorites) and a few other permanent scents, like Red Roses, etc. Can we expect to see the rest of the permanent scents, or should we look elsewhere? Thanks much in advance! 🙂

I sure hope this comes to Sephora!

image.jpeg

Has anyone tried this?  It sounds nice but I haven't found many reviews

I'm hoping to find it in store the next time I venture to the fancy mall in my area 😉 Since I fell in love with four out of the five Bloomsbury scents (Whisky and Cedarwood is too similar to Black Cedarwood and Juniper that I didn't buy it right away and now it's sold out in store) I'm actually hoping that Star Magnolia ISN'T amazing, but who am I kidding, I'll probably get it!

@Madeline7 How did you get the DS set and engraving? When I put the DS gift in my order it won't let me add the engraving code! Did you not use two codes? Help!

Also there's a new code available:  GIFT4YOU with $130 purchase

Lime Basil & Mandarin Cologne (9ml)
Mimosa & Cardamom Cologne (9ml)
Wood Sage & Sea Salt Body Crème (15ml)

@EuradyceI only used the engraving code.  There was a promotion last week where the two DS were available without a code but it looks like that's over

I've loved JM ever since I worked freelance for them about 5 years ago. My favorite thing to do is layer their body creams with a different fragrance. NBH, EPF, WBB, DAGL, and WSS are my favorites!

I just wanted to say that I purchased a bottle of Orange Blossom from the 15% off sale and just got it today. This is my first time trying this brand, and I'm in love with it! I had read some reviews that many scents lack longevity, but orange blossom is still going strong around five hours later.

testing