Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Brand Loyal
|

Jo Malone Thread: Share the News and Love!

I've searched high and low and haven't found a dedicated Jo Malone thread, but knowing how many of us enjoy JM products I though it'd be nice to have a place where we can share upcoming news and our favorites.

My all time favorite is Blue Agava and Cacao, followed by Peony Blush Suede.

I just picked up Basil and Neroli, which to my nose is a dead ringer for Bobbi Brown Beach! As I love Beach, I think this fragrance is going to be a new fave come the spring. It is different enough from Lime, Basil, Mandarin to justify owning both in my collection. Basil and Neroli emphasizes the Neroli while LBM is heavy on the basil and lime, which give it a more herbal edge.

EDIT: Updated Jo Malone and Jo Loves perfume collection (100ml, 50ml, 30ml, dry body oils):

E5A3283C-FBA9-4302-814B-5934FDD8BAF6.jpeg

Re: Jo Malone Thread: Share the News and Love!

Ever since getting the sample of Peony the other day as a promo code I've been transfixed on this brand. I want to get a full size bottle but don't know which scent is the best. I saw Amazon had a sample set for like $35 but I've had bad dealings with Amazon in the past, and that's for household stuff. Should I risk not getting an accurate read on the brand going through Amazon or does anyone else have any ideas on how to sample her scents? I went to my local Nordstroms and they do not carry the line in store. The closest place to me is Richmond and that's a bit of a hike just to smell some things. Any recommendations would be appreciated. Also I'm going to cross post this in the questions thread since it appears this one doesn't get a lot of traffic?

So I ended up taking a risk and purchasing a bottle of Orange Blossom directly from the brand's website without having tried it (after doing a lot of research on sites like Fragrantica, it sounded like it would be really nice), and I was super impressed with the number of samples they have available with purchase!  With my 100ml bottle order I was able to get:

* DS of Basil & Neroli

* DS of Blush Peony & Suede

* Vial of Pomegranate Noir

* Vial of Blackberry & Bay

* Packet of English Pear & Freesia cream

And if its your first order you can either use JMWELCOME (for a free engraving) or APRILWELCOME17 (for a DS Sea Salt & Sage body cream)

They had a bunch of other choices for which of the 2 DS samples and which of the 3 ordinary samples you get.  I went with the bottle engraving promo, so I'm excited to get to try six different scents with this one purchase 🙂

Oh that's awesome!!! I signed up for emails and it looks like they've always got a good promo kicking.

@Madeline7 I think you would enjoy Orange Blossom. It has been on my wish list ever since I got the deluxe sample. It is one of the most long lasting JM and the best orange scent I'd tried so far. Every time I wear this scent, I can imagine myself walking in an orange groove with flowers in full bloom. One thing though, a little goes so far with this scent. I get a headache if I overspray it.

Cross posted from the Beauty News thread... Rumor has it that Jo Malone will be coming to Sephora!!!!!! Again rumor but that be awesome!

I haven't had a chance to visit a JM store or counter in awhile, but I really want to see what the new Intense cologne, Myrrh and Tonka, is all about. Anyone familiar with it yet?

just bought my mom a Wood Sage & Sea Salt candle for Christmas and had to stop myself from buying up the store for myself....I'm going back for the Wood Sage perfume! and Earl Grey & Cucumber when spring comes!

I know that this is a Jo Malone thread but people shouldn't forget about the Jo Loves fragrance house either.  It was opened by Jo Malone after she left Estee Lauder (who now own Jo Malone fragrances).  I would say it is a throwback to more of the original Jo Malone fragrances.  I really like some of the Jo Loves fragrances like No 42 Flowershop, Pomelo, White Rose and Lemon Leaves, Red Truffle 21, etc.  If you like Jo Malone, check out Jo Loves also 🙂

@Cloudburst2000 could you let me know how you sampled them? 

I bought their Fragrance Discovery Gift Experience about a year ago.  Got a voucher with the set for a full-sized bottle of my favorite perfume.  I got Red Truffle 21.  I have added No 42 Flowershop and White Rose and Lemon Leaves since then.  You can also buy samples from sites like Surrender to Chance.  I use Surrender to Chance to test out hard to find or really expensive fragrances that you can't get free samples of.

Thank you for your answer! STC (nor TPC or Luckyscent) no longer seems to carry them 😞 Jo Loves direct has started selling to the US but I was wondering if I could just sample a few scents without committing to a full bottle. 

You might want to contact Jo Loves.  I found them super helpful and friendly when I had questions about my order.

I love layering Mimosa & Cardamom with Blackberry & Bay, so heavenly!

Unsure if this is coming here but thought I'd post anyway...

Jo Malone The Bloomsbury Set collection launches in March 2017

Screen Shot 2016-11-20 at 12.58.18 PM.png

• Blue Hyacinth – Intoxicating bold blue hyacinth warmed by the sun entwined with the vibrancy of garden geraniums and woody vetiver
  • Garden Lilies – The scent of dawn at the lily pond captured with effervescent water lilies, dewy green sap and lush ylang enhanced with white musk and a wisp of vanilla
  • Leather & Artemisia – The striking green facets of anise-tinged absinthe blend with aromatic artemisia, soft orriswood and the deep richness of leather enhanced by the amber woody notes of Cypriol
  • Tabacco & Mandarin – Vibrant mandarin and herbaceous sage sweetened with the warm elegance of beeswax and sweet pipe tobacco
  • Whisky & Cedarwood – An enigmatic blend of fine whisky and opulent roses edged with spicy pimento, warm cedarwood and an intriguing accord of waxy wooden floors

source: really ree

Oh there goes my $$$$s......

Tobacco and Mandarin sounds intriguing and complex! I'd love to try that one. 

When it comes to fragrances that smell like whisky, I'm always worried that I smell like I just walked out of a bar, like either I spilled my drink all over myself (which happens often...) or I drank so much that the alcohol smell is seeping from my skin. Either way, I would be paranoid all day if I wore a whisky fragrance to work. 😂

I love boozy scents, like History of Parfums 1899, Elizabeth and James Bourbon, Replica Jazz Club, and SJP Stash, which translate into more of a smoky vibe on the skin rather than a rough night out at the club vibe 😉 I have high hopes for these new JM offerings, the brand definitely knows how to be classy rather than trashy.

Well, there goes all my $, I LOVE how all of these sounds, plus the packaging is gorgeous! I hope they are comparable to the Herb Garden win compared to the lackluster (for me) Blossom scents this year.

They do sounds lovely. Not very knowledgeable in fragrances... I just know what I like but I'd love to be able to smell these 🙂

my fave jo malone: 

• dark amber & ginger lily 
  • nutmeg & ginger
  • blue agave & cocao

i really like the idea of early grey & cucumber, but i've never worn it or played with it (other than at counter) so i can't claim it as a favorite...yet. i also think the velvet rose & oud is really lovely.

5 Replies
testing