Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Brand Loyal
|

Jo Malone Thread: Share the News and Love!

I've searched high and low and haven't found a dedicated Jo Malone thread, but knowing how many of us enjoy JM products I though it'd be nice to have a place where we can share upcoming news and our favorites.

My all time favorite is Blue Agava and Cacao, followed by Peony Blush Suede.

I just picked up Basil and Neroli, which to my nose is a dead ringer for Bobbi Brown Beach! As I love Beach, I think this fragrance is going to be a new fave come the spring. It is different enough from Lime, Basil, Mandarin to justify owning both in my collection. Basil and Neroli emphasizes the Neroli while LBM is heavy on the basil and lime, which give it a more herbal edge.

EDIT: Updated Jo Malone and Jo Loves perfume collection (100ml, 50ml, 30ml, dry body oils):

E5A3283C-FBA9-4302-814B-5934FDD8BAF6.jpeg

Re: Jo Malone Thread: Share the News and Love!

Earl Grey was my first JM scent. I went back a week later for Wood Sage, and have been hooked ever since. 

Such a good idea to make a Jo Malone thread 😄

My favorite Jo Malone is Dark Amber & Gingerlily, and Mimosa & Cadamom is a close second. I also love Wild Bluebell, Orange Blossoms, Wood Sage & Sea Salt, as well as Tuberose Angelica.

I need to sniff more of Earl Grey & Cucumber, Black Cedarwood & Juniper, and White Jasmin & Mint. I liked the initial impressions, but I haven't had the chance to douse myself with them yet!

I rarely like neroli scents and Lime Basil Neroli as well as Basil Neroli weren't exceptions. I have a rollerball of BB Beach and to me it's totally different from Basil Neroli though. Weird how peoples' noses differ 🙂

By the way, I just read that Jo Loves (founded by Jo Malone) is launching its US e-commerce site on November 21. Has anyone tried their line? I am excited to explore a whole new slew of Jo Malone scents!

I'm so happy to see a JM thread! Thanks @LCResz!

I'm relatively new to this brand just discovering it in the spring, but my collection has grown quickly.

I began with LBM and Orange Blossom colognes which I loved throughout the summer.

I have the Nectarine Blossom and Honey candle as well as White Jasmine and Mint. Just burned the latter a couple days ago!

My most recent addiction is Wood Sage and Sea Salt body lotion with Earl Grey and Cucumber cologne layered on top. It's such a fresh, clean scent.

I've been using English Pear and Freesia for years, but I've recently been obsessed with Nectarine Blossom and Honey.

Wood Sage and Sea Salt is lovely, but it doesn't last on me, either. Regardless, I'm glad I was able to get that $30 sample set that someone posted in the Deals thread a month or two ago!

I love both English Pear & Freesia and Nectarine Blossom & Honey! The former is great for spring, and I wear the latter almost non-stop in the summer. I also love Blackberry and Bay, which I think is great for all year. 

Wood Sage and Sea Salt is nice but doesn't make my heart soar like the others. It's odd that it doesn't last on you -- maybe try it in the future in a different formulation, like a lotion. The emollient qualities of the lotion may help the fragrance last longer.

I love love LOVE Wood Sage and Sea Salt.  I just wish the scent lasted longer on me 😞

Completely agree and understand, @veronika23!! I ended up splurging on the Wood Sage and Sea Salt body lotion and that makes a difference for longevity! It's pricey, but a little goes a long way, especially if you only use it for layering.

That is very good to know @BaseballMommy Thank you so much for this info!!! 🙂

Me too, which is why I didn't grab this one. There was another lovely rare tea collection scent that was AMAZING sprayed on a tester, but sprayed on my arm, it literally dissipated within 5 mins. And with it being a rare tea scent, the cost was unjustifiable for it to only last minutes. But for now, I'm all about the Earl Grey and the Orange Blossom ones. OMG, these are like heaven in a bottle to me.  

I must second the amazingness of Earl Grey and Cucumber, it has decent lasting power for a tea scent. Didn't indulge in any of the Rare Tea colognes, too pricey for what you'd be getting, imo.

I'll go third on Earl Grey and Cucumber - bought the big bottle a couple weeks ago and have been wearing it almost every day!

Cool! I don't think I smelled those.  I have a sample of another Jo Malone scent but can't recall which one... cedar something?  Just recently received a bunch of samples from various brands so I have plenty of new scents to try 😄

I am pretty picky since though... ugh sensitivities lol

Mimosa and Cardimom is a go to for me as well. Another fave was Vanilla and Anise - such a bummer it was discontinued!

Black Cedarwood and juniper and Mimosa and Cardamom are my go to's - I do combine them, but each smell delicious worn alone too 🙂

Black Cedarwood and Juniper was my favorite from the Rain collection, so glad they brought back as part of the permanent line!

Mimosa and Cardamom layers wonderfully with Dark Amber and Ginger Lily for a spicy and sweet scent, but I agree it stands well on its own.

testing