Your Basket is Empty
Sign in to see items you may have added previously.
See samples, rewards and promotions in .

Item Added to Basket

Free Shipping!

You're only $50.00 away from Free Shipping.

Post in Brand Loyal

Is there a brand that you would NEVER buy?

What brands do you steer clear of?  It could be a  brand that just doesn't appeal to you or one that is associated with a celebrity.  Or, it could be one that is over-priced or one that you have found to be ineffective.  Share!

Re: Is there a brand that you would NEVER buy?

@liv545 Drugstore brands do hold appeal for me - I just can't stand that they don't have testers.  That's why I gravitate toward NYX and No. 7.  I keep e-mailing Ulta that they need to have more testers, but I don't see that changing anytime soon.

Highlighted

Jeffree Star.

I cannot stand the way he treats human beings.  Even after his "sorry for being racist" video, he still continues to behave in a way that I can't respect.

@Madeline7 He seems to be the most frequently named on this list!

Related image

Yeah...he is.  He seems like a very troubled person Smiley Sad

I may be one of the few but there is NO brand I would stay clear of. I buy makeup/skincare because it appeals to me (packaging, formula, shade), it's part of a collection,  its a LE item or FOMO (this happens often Smiley Happy ) Of course there are some products that didn't work out for me but I wouldn't cut off the entire brand.

@HookedOnBeauty2 There are definitely brands that haven't appealed to me - but then once I get disappointed by a brand I previously like, then I branch out.  Smiley Happy

I am trying to be cruelty free...so am now very considered about the products I buy. For some reason I thought that animal testing in cosmetics etc had ceased years ago so I never really thought about it till all of the hue and cry with China and brands selling there. 

@CheerMomma Yes, I definitely thought less brands did animal testing.

Jeffree Star and Kylie Cosmetics due to the behavior of the owners and name sakes of the brands(I know a lot of other brands are probably also owned by terrible people, but when that person's name is on the product there no way I can feel like I'm not directly supporting the person).

Even if they went through a total change of heart and apologized for real and cleaned up their act, in which case I'd probably buy from Kylie, I'd still avoid Star just because I'm not a fan of his packaging. It looks like over sized toy Barbie makeup to me (no hate to those who like it, just not my personal aesthetic choice).

Pyramid schemes. They're just plain annoying. 

The other one is elf. They're just so overhyped and built up to be as good as high end brands, but every time I've given them a chance they turned out to be just as cheap, if not cheaper, than they look and cost. Their lip glosses are like over scented, messy Vaseline(and I never trust a brand that can't make a halfway decent lipgloss, I feel like it's the bare minimum standard to meet), half the brushes I got from them fell apart in months, and their powers always look too powdery and patchy. That combined with the rabid fan base that has a tendency to insult people who would rather dish out more money for products that actually work has turned me off the brand entirely. If I need cheap makeup I'll throw down a buck or two more for NYX or another drugstore brand that actually preforms well, and whose cult followings are politer. 

@Annalily11 Those are all excellent viewpoints!  

2 Replies
Conversation Stats