Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Brand Loyal
|

Is there a brand that you would NEVER buy?

What brands do you steer clear of?  It could be a  brand that just doesn't appeal to you or one that is associated with a celebrity.  Or, it could be one that is over-priced or one that you have found to be ineffective.  Share!

Re: Is there a brand that you would NEVER buy?

@Insomniacmuffin I used to gravitate toward the Sephora brand, but I think the quality has declined.  

Image result for sephora gif

@Insomniacmuffin Many people have commented that Pretty Vulgar has cheap packaging.  I wanted to see for myself, but of course they are online only at Sephora.  The birdcage palette didn't look attractive to me - it looked dry.

I try to never say never but I don't think I will ever buy something from Ch.Louboutin - I think the brand is overpriced and I personally don't like the packaging. Also some of the new brands Sephora is introducing didn't really cought my eye - like Pretty Vulgar - it looks like kids makeup to me...

@katkapivarci Some brands are so overpriced that it's unconscionable.  

Image result for makeup money gif

Brands I don't plan to buy from (with reasons that may only matter to me)

- La Mer

- Loubotin

-.Dolce and Gabbana

- KVD

- Glam Glow

- the majority of Social Media makeup brands (specifically those led by odious people)

- If I find a collaboration/association obnoxious, I will drop a brand.  

And then there are brands that I am just not interested in - either the products are underwhelming, they don't cater to my aesthetic, or I just find them unappealing for any number of reasons.  Even trivial reasons.  I might have owned an odd product or two from them, but they are just not brands I look into at all.

• Too Faced
  • Tarte
  • ABH
  • IT Cosmetics
  • Bare Minerals
  • Cover FX
  • Benefit (ETA)

I leave the door open to delve into them in the future.  

@greenchilli I was hoping someone would mention that sometimes packaging just doesn't appeal to us!  FAB's packaging seem like an odd mix of 4th of July and clinical.  I broke down and bought their Retinol Serum and now I like it.  Go figure.  Of course, who knows if I'd like their other products.

@greenchilli our lists are very similar (with only a couple of exceptions), and our reasons DEFINITELY are.

i really don't like anything twee. 

i'm an adult. please treat me like one.

@jemly I agree that many brands are going for that demographic - that's why I've been considering Clinique more.  I always thought Laura Mercier seemed sophisticated, but I haven't had luck with her lipsticks and hated her cream eye shadow stick.

jemly wrote:

@greenchilli our lists are very similar (with only a couple of exceptions), and our reasons DEFINITELY are.

i really don't like anything twee. 

i'm an adult. please treat me like one.

@jemlyI know what you mean by twee.  Anyway, I have never been one to care for themes like - princess, fairy tales, hearts, mermaids, unicorns, pink...they don't hold an appeal for me.  They make me stabby.

Herbivore.

Years and years ago when I wore my hair wavy/curly, L'Oreal changed the formula to my HG mousse and it devastated me.  Since then, I've shied away from that brand.  The trouble is, L'Oreal owns most of the brands out there!  So I guess I've had to put some of my bitterness aside b/c I've been known to buy NYX, Matrix, Maybelline, Essie, UD, and The Body Shop...and that's just a sliver of what they own:

http://www.loreal.com/brand

Anonymous Insider

Anything Kardashian, lol!

Anything Kardashian, lol!

Re: Anything Kardashian, lol!

@Anonymous I do marvel at their makeup, but that's b/c they have a great glam squad.  I don't see myself buying anything from them.

Re: Anything Kardashian, lol!

This was going to be my exact reply LOL

1 Reply
Conversation Stats
testing