cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Brand Loyal
|

THE INDIE AND UNKNOWN BRANDS THREAD

Formerly known as: Indie brands and other not so talked about makeup brands

A place to discuss new, indie and not so talked about brands. There's a few brands I'd like to know more about but didn't want to start a thread for each so decided to start a thread for all those brands that we don't often hear about.

Tags:

Re: Indie brands and other not so talked about makeup brands

Swatches are up on their website. Looking to see if Canadian stockist will get these (they should but want to know about the magician one as well)

I need this one. High Tide!!! MERMAID GOODNESS!!!
high_tide.jpg

000000.JPGI'm totally coveting @veronika23!!!

Unicorn pee! It's unicorn pee! *jumps up and down and collapses in a faint*. @veronika23

@Beadshopgirl  I had to look up what that way lol. I need that polish. Looking to see if Nail Polish Canada and Harlow and Co will get these. Will report back 🙂

@veronika23 Holy Moly! I just love this brand so much. Gonna go check out their website right now and get an order line up. Thanks for the tag V!

@pixiedust2  Pre-orders begins this Friday, March 3rd at 11am Pacific Time 🙂

I hope their Canadian stockist will carry all of it. I need some!

OMG the Magician is gorgeous! Thanks to @HoneyBrownBunny I am so far deep the ILNP rabbit hole 😛 Currently have Cameo on my nails and I love it.

@Mcakes the addiction is REAL lol!!! Seriously there are no other nail lacquers that inspire me so much. I just put on Cameo topped with Electric Carnival yesterday and I'm kinda hoping to see a chip so I can switch to something else!! 😂😂😂

I just ordered from Beauty Bakerie for the first time on account of @Melstl, so first off I wanted to thank her for her amazing recommendation! 

Next, here is a great promotion that Beauty Bakerie is having right now. Three pre-selected lip whips for $36. (usually one lip whip is $20)

Screen Shot 2017-02-09 at 4.36.12 PM.png

Also, just in case anyone is interested, here is my first haul from Beauty Bakerie. I got two lip whips (fortune cookie & salted caramel mocha) a lip scrub, and the lip whip remover pads. 

IMG_2264.JPG

I do like the BB Lip Whips! I heard they have a different applicator now so I'm intrigued by that. Though definitely apply it with the wand rather than a lip brush. I tried both and using my own brush always ended up super patchy/streaky. It's held up pretty good through date nights and regular meals, but it did not survive Super Bowl wings and nachos.

@Kay522, I only know the applicator that ships out now and I think it works pretty good. I did find though that I had to apply two layers of the product to get a full application of color and of course, had to wait for it fully dry and set. (roughly no more than five minutes)

@Melstl might be better able to speak to the difference in wands. 

@willa25 based on their emails they recently switched to these kinda triangular shaped applicators. The one I have is just a classic doe foot. I did try multiple layers with plenty of dry time, but even then I would end up with weird dark patches and others would be streaky and weird.

@Kay522 what shade(s) did you use? I used fortune cookie and salted caramel mocha, both nudes, and had no problem with streaks. I wonder if this is a problem with certain color families? Also, how long ago did you order? I know besides changing the applicator, they changed the packaging too.

I am super intrigued by this brand, now!  Will have to check it out soon!  @willa25. 😊

@Tamara76 if you sign up for an account, they send you a coupon for your first purchase. I think it is only 5% off but hey, it's something.

Thanks for the tip! @willa25 ❤️

Liquid shadows from Dose of Colors - coming soon

Screen Shot 2017-02-03 at 7.53.57 PM.png

@veronika23 holy crap these are insanely gorgeous I love the green one and the blue one!!!

Coming from Looxi Beauty.... this is a nice shade!

Screen Shot 2017-02-02 at 8.01.05 AM.png

Swatches of a few of the new Drenched Highlighters from Love Luxe Beauty

IMG_7104.JPG

testing