cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Brand Loyal
|

THE INDIE AND UNKNOWN BRANDS THREAD

Formerly known as: Indie brands and other not so talked about makeup brands

A place to discuss new, indie and not so talked about brands. There's a few brands I'd like to know more about but didn't want to start a thread for each so decided to start a thread for all those brands that we don't often hear about.

Tags:

Re: Indie brands and other not so talked about makeup brands

Dropping off a few photos of the single color love luxe highlights in action 

mermaid water

image.jpeg

Next level

image.jpeg

Pretty! 🙂

Love Luxe Beauty. These are live!

Screen Shot 2016-06-01 at 8.39.26 AM.png

🙂

Just placed my first, very small Shiro Cosmetics order.  How are people's experience with this brand?  I'm a huge Potterhead which is how I found the brand to begin with and I was honestly debating getting the entire Marauders, Mugwumps, and Muggles Collection which would have been 25 pieces but instead I decided to be a responsible make up junkie and just get a few samples first to see how I like the product.

Here is my order:

Spoiler
Have a Biscuit, Potter
Size: Sample Bag (approx. 1/8 tsp) 
Metamorphmagus
Wizard Wheezes
Amortentia
Size: Sample Clamshell (approx. 1 mL) 
Polyjuice
Size: Sample Clamshell (approx. 1 mL)
Snow White (#ff-snoww)

I haven't received my order yet, but I finally got the shipping notification today, June 1. I ordered on May 9, so that gives you a bit of an idea on the shipping wait.

The owner, Caitlin, is very responsive to emails and easy to work with. I emailed her last week because I wanted to see if I could add something to my order instead of making another order and paying for shipping twice. She responded in less than 8 hours, sent me a PayPal invoice, and added to my order with no problems at all. When I got the shipping notification today, there was a note at the bottom saying my other item was added.

I love Shiro ! The collections are so fun, I love the artwork and the shadows are very pigmented and last all day on the eyes. I have oily eyelids and they dont budge. It took me a while to get used to loose pigments but now I love using them. I might have gotten the whole Marauders collection and the FMA  is still my favorite. 

the only downside is the slooooow shipping 

For @veronika23 - here are some swatches of Devinah cosmetics and love luxe beauty

image.jpeg2605161i2605162mage.jpegimage.jpeg2605163

I really like the look of What Mermaids Are Made Of & What Unicorns Are Made Of. 

Daydream, Mermaid Water, and Next Level look reallyyy gorgeous too. 

@Mochapj well now... I'm screwed! I want a few of these lol LOVE Daydream! Reminds me of MAC vellum which is one of my fav shadows!  Well I'm in **bleep** creek now! lol 😄  Thanks so much!

No problem!

For the LLB ones, I got them in the smaller pan size, which is about $9, I think?  They look like they'll fit nicely in an empty MUFE case.

The Devinah ones are a different story.  After I ordered she apparently upgraded all her first orders of these to a large size pan.  I bought it to use as a highlight, but the pan is the size of a powder compact - much too big to be able to fit a whole rainbow on the face at once 😄

@Mochapj thanks for the sizes! I might get the unicorn and mermaid one from LLB tomorrow. They will be in LE compacts 😄

I'm heavy into Beauty Bakerie's liquid matte lipsticks that they call "lip whips". The staying power is amazing and out performs my collection of KVD and others tried along the way including Jefree Star. 

According to an email I got they are doing a restock tomorrow of the sold out shades!Screenshot_2016-05-13-03-28-13.png

@ajf1 which color do you own? Thx.

Ohhh thank you! I'll look into this... That blue is so beautiful!

That blue!😍

I've been really curious about this brand, and I've been wanting to try their lip whips. @ajf1 If you don't mind me asking, which ones do you own?

Has anyone tried House of Beauty?  

Their lip hybrid product keeps coming up on my IG explore...

@Mochapj OMG this just clicked this morning for me... sorry I saw when you posted and I didn't think I had heard of the brand and now I'm like yes I think I do have something LOL 😄

I'll check and report back.

@Mochapj so I found them... I have 2. It comes in a very small container and I remember going "woh that's it?"... but you only need a small amount... It's kinda hard to describe how they feel/look. It has a nice slip kinda like a lip balm and they sorta feel like that but somewhat glossy like a gloss and you can build up the pigmentation. They do feel nice on. The 2 colors I have I got to mix or top other lipsticks... One of the colors is Unicorn... so I can wear it very sheer or use it sheer on top of something or I can build it up and see more of a color... a bit like the promo pic on the website. It's similar to Bite Opal. The other color I have is a blue and I believe is now discontinued... I noticed when I was playing with it that it somewhat stained though.

So bottom line I think it could be fun to have a few colors to play with but I'm not a fan of lip products in jars...

Has anybody here tried Chaos Makeup? They have different colored highlighters and highlight "primers" and are coming out with a rainbow highlight soon. Their instagram is chaosmakeupartist is you want to see swatches. I want to try them out but want some input first.

4 Replies
testing