Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Brand Loyal
|

Glossier / Into the Gloss

Since Glossier launched its Phase 2 set today, I thought it would be a good time to start a thread for the brand. Plus, I'm a bit obsessed with its products.

glossier solution.jpg

New product: Solution acid exfoiliator ($28) and Glossier-branded cotton rounds ($4). I mean, I buy my cotton rounds at the dollar store, but OK.

PROMOS: I have a referral link (you get 10% off, PM me for it).

FREE SHIPPING: Standard shipping is free when you order two or more items—including Canada!

SOLUTION: Use code "Solution" for free shipping when you buy Solution and cotton rounds.

CLOUD PAINT: Buy two Cloud Paint blushes, save $6.

WOWDER: Buy the powder and the brush, save $7. 

BODY HERO DUO: Buy Body Hero Daily Oil Wash and Body Hero Daily Perfecting Cream, save $5.

Sometimes there are additional discounts and promos floating around IG. Tag me if you find one and I'll add it here.

NEWS: 

Body Hero body wash and body cream:

Spoiler
Duo_Carousel_1.jpg

Wowder and brush:

Spoiler
wowder.JPG

Re: Glossier / Into the Gloss

unnamed.jpg

Lidstar. I kinda really want Herb, Moon, and Fawn.

(Model is wearing Herb in picture) ... but I'm on a no-buy, whelp. 

I'm really hoping someone here tries this out and gives us a review! But I'm also on a no-buy. 

@txcatx  I... ended up buying these. I could post swatches for you if you'd like! 

Screen Shot 2018-03-13 at 1.17.04 AM.png

I broke down @Aaliaa , I broke down! I justified myself by saying I'll wear these in summer while I'm in Korea 😄 This brought up my total beauty $ spent to $120-130 ish this year 

Your overall beauty spending isn't too bad @MSena! I'd love to see swatches whenever you have a chance.

@MSena I'd love to see swatches and hear your thoughts!

@txcatx I am also on a no-buy but I received my tax refund last week and so as a little treat I picked up two of these (Slip and Lily). They're being delivered today so I can let you know what I think of them this weekend, if you'd like 🙂

@JenniferOhJenny I'd love to hear your thoughts on the eyeshadows!

@txcatx So yesterday I wore Slip and today I have on Lily. Overall, I think I like these.

They are very sheer, which I kind of knew already but I didn't realize how sheer. I applied two layers of Slip and I think three of Lily, and they still were not as pigmented as they looked when I swatched them on my hand. 

I used them without primer (per Glossier directions) and Slip did not crease all day (I had it on for about 9 hours before I washed my face). I just checked and I can't tell if Lily is creased or if I applied it unevenly. Possibly unevenly because I kept patting more on trying to get a little more color :). Slip is a golden pink on me, and Lily looks icy and kind of silver-ish. I think I like Slip better.

They are definitely a sheer wash of color, but very pretty. The next time I wear them I am going to try using a heavier hand to see if I can build them up more. I was afraid to pack too much on because I didn't know if it would look clumpy. Also, bear in mind that I bought pretty pale colors so the other shades might show up more than these do. 

Anyways, I do like these and I look forward to playing with them a little more. Hope this helps!

@JenniferOhJenny Thanks for the detailed review! Slip does sound lovely. I like sheer eyeshadow, and it's good to know that these are long lasting. Definitely tempting because these seem great for spring/summer, but I think I can wait a bit!

Oh thats really lovely. I guess it a good thing we are on a no-buy right @MSena?

gloos.PNG

gloosier.PNG

Spoiler
Glossier recently launched Solution, their take on a toner. The 4-year-old brand is moving full-steam ahead with launches, and this month, they're launching one of their core products — the fragrance, Glossier You — in a travel-friendly format.

Glossier You perfume solid ($22) smells just like the eau de parfum, but has been reimagined in solid form, similar to some of our favorite luxury scents. It feels like a balm that you apply with your finger behind your ears, to your neck, and on your wrists and is hidden inside a magnetized metal flip-open capsule, which means you can carry it in your clutch or tote without fear of it leaking. The packaging is sleek, chic, and mysterious enough to have people wondering what's hiding inside.
Glossier You launched last October and made waves as a "deeply personal" fragrance, as the notes of the perfume were created to enhance your own natural scent. Many have described it as musky, with notes like ambrette and pink pepper. The final result changes from person to person and lingers on your skin throughout the day.

Glossier You perfume solid is available today on Glossier

This caught my eye when I read the word "musky." I love that scent! Must add it to my list of things I'd like to someday buy 🙂

I'm curious to read some BIC reviews of Solution, so if you pick it up, please tell! I'll be in the market for an acid soon.

And speaking of reviews, here's a mini one on the three serums. I bought all three in September 2016, and it took me about a year to finish them all (with some inconsistent use while I used up other serums first). 

Super Glow: Useless. The worst of the three. The serum is so watery that it's hard to apply, and I saw no effects, positive or negative.

Super Pure: I don't get many breakouts except hormonal ones, so it was a bit hard to judge. I'd apply it to period pimples on my chin, and a day or two later, they'd be gone. But I'm pretty sure they'd be gone if I hadn't applied anything, either.

Super Bounce: The best of the three, though I still don't know that I'd recommend it. It made my face feel soft and moisturized, but had no lasting effects. The hydrated feeling only lasted to the end of the day, even with continued and concentrated use. So it really wasn't any different than wearing moisturizer.

Also in general, I don't like that the bottles are transparent/translucent, as it seems that would affect the ingredients, especially the vitamin C in Super Glow. And I don't like the squeeze dropper, as it's hard to get the last bit of product and the rubber squeeze bulb was easy to get dusty and gross. I prefer a push-cap dropper like my Kiehl's Midnight Recovery oil has. https://www.sephora.com/product/midnight-recovery-concentrate-P421998

I got the bounce and pure after using Prism for months. Turns out prism has citric acid in it, of which I wasn't aware when my esthetician suggested it. (Also the reason I didn't get glow) but these two have been so great for me. Polar opposite of the results you guys are saying. Maybe it has to to with the type of skin you have. If you guys have any higher end serum suggestions that have no mushrooms or citrus then please HELP!!! 

@TKLJ I feel the same about the serums. I thought they were nice but nothing too write home about. I think you'd be better off getting something similar to try from The Ordinary for half as much.

@makeitup305 I think you're right. I think I got these just before The Ordinary broke big (or maybe just before I heard of it). And now that Sephora carries the brand, I may as well try that brand first before any others.

@TKLJ yeah and at least that way you can return them, even if it's a cheap product. I know you wanted to try the Solution, have you looked at Tarte's Knockout? It seems similar (slightly more expensive for a little more product) and StephanieNicole gave it good reviews. 

I haven't. I'm not too big on Tarte, so I'll probably just try something by The Ordinary first (but I still wanna hear thoughts on Solution).

Hey @TKLJ! I'm not a fan of Tarte either or of makeup brands doing skincare and/or vica versa but the Tarte Knockout Treatment is excellent. Looking at the ingredients list and review by Stephanie Nicole I decided to get it and after using a few other acids this is definitely my favourite. I haven't compared it to the Biologique Recherché yet, put definitely prefer it to the PIXI Glow Tonic.

I think @michelleshops grabbed one! I'm a little leery of using salicylic acid on my skin every day though.

Me after receiving the tag @malday @TKLJ:

Image result for rita repulsa gif

I did order it and received it on Saturday (and promptly used it).  I didn't have any adverse reactions at first use but TBH I had one or two G&Ts so I just kind of slapped it on and went to bed.  I am planning on using it tonight and will take better notes!

9 Replies
Conversation Stats
Photos69
  • IMG_8512.jpg
  • Screen Shot 2016-03-14 at 12.10.33 PM.png
  • IMG_8869.jpg
  • rsz_img_2582.jpg
  • rsz_img_2583.jpg
  • IMG_8934.jpg
  • image2 (2).JPG
  • IMG_9142.jpg
  • Screen Shot 2016-05-06 at 1.41.19 PM.png