Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Brand Loyal
|

Glossier / Into the Gloss

Since Glossier launched its Phase 2 set today, I thought it would be a good time to start a thread for the brand. Plus, I'm a bit obsessed with its products.

glossier solution.jpg

New product: Solution acid exfoiliator ($28) and Glossier-branded cotton rounds ($4). I mean, I buy my cotton rounds at the dollar store, but OK.

PROMOS: I have a referral link (you get 10% off, PM me for it).

FREE SHIPPING: Standard shipping is free when you order two or more items—including Canada!

SOLUTION: Use code "Solution" for free shipping when you buy Solution and cotton rounds.

CLOUD PAINT: Buy two Cloud Paint blushes, save $6.

WOWDER: Buy the powder and the brush, save $7. 

BODY HERO DUO: Buy Body Hero Daily Oil Wash and Body Hero Daily Perfecting Cream, save $5.

Sometimes there are additional discounts and promos floating around IG. Tag me if you find one and I'll add it here.

NEWS: 

Body Hero body wash and body cream:

Spoiler
Duo_Carousel_1.jpg

Wowder and brush:

Spoiler
wowder.JPG

Re: Glossier / Into the Gloss

Also, @michelleshops kills it in the GIF game as usual.

@michelleshops LOL, I want the G&T review. "Pro: plastic bottle survives me drunkenly knocking it off the bathroom counter. Con: Drunk me thought this was eye makeup remover, and it stings!" 😄

@malday Yeah, I can't really see using any acid on my face daily, but maybe three times a week? The before-and-after photos all show people with pretty bad cystic acne, so I guess the salicylic would be good for that? It also makes for more dramatic photos.

glossier.PNG

Spoiler
When Popsugar Beauty Director Lauren Levinson waved a millennial pink, bubble-wrapped bag in front of my face, offering to let me try out the new, top-secret, Glossier product, I practically snatched it out of her perfectly manicured hands.

After having great skin while using the Super Pure Serum ($28) a few years back, I have been itching to try out more from the brand. With my new assignment, I embarked on a skin experiment with Glossier's latest skin care product: Glossier Solution ($24).

Solution is an "exfoliating skin perfector" that is formulated with three active ingredients — BHA, AHA, and PHA — to slough away rough skin and reveal a more even skin texture through chemical exfoliation. If those acronyms make your head hurt, don't worry — skin care can get really confusing. To refresh your memory, we're going explain those three powerful ingredients one at a time.

AHA stands for alpha hydroxy acid, a chemical exfoliant used for dry skin and evening out skin texture. The most commonly used forms of AHA are glycolic and lactic acid, and Solution contains both within its gorgeous pink container. The lactic acid helps reduce acne while the glycolic acid breaks up dead skin cells to improve the texture of your skin.

The second exfoliating ingredient is BHA, which is short for beta hydroxy acid. It's also known to us regular folks as salicylic acid, that product you see advertised on every drugstore acne wash you've ever used. It works by exfoliating within pores to break up oil bonds attached to dead skin cells. Salicylic acid in low amounts (Solution only has .5 percent) not only reduces acne, but also evens out your skin's texture and can even soothe irritated skin.

PHA is the less commonly known ingredient polyhydroxy acid. PHA is similar to AHA, but has the ability to improve the skin's surface strength while exfoliating and conditioning your complexion.

With all of this exfoliation, you might be worried that this product could irritate your skin. Luckily, Glossier was smart enough to also include skin soothers like aloe, glycerin, and niacinamide to calm your skin while it exfoliates.

With these three powerful ingredients wrapped up in one pretty, baby-pink bottle, I was excited to start my new skin care journey with almost a full month to use the product ahead of the January launch. The liquid itself is the consistency of a toner product and has a bit of a strong alcohol-soap smell. Despite the scent, it was extremely gentle on my chapped skin. Solution comes in a bottle with a pump, making it spill-proof (important to a klutz like me) and more sanitary (germs can't get inside as easily!). To use the product, press down on the pump with a cotton pad and wipe across your face. After waiting for the liquid to absorb into your skin, follow up with moisturizer.

In a few days, I noticed a significant change in my skin. It was smoother, had less flakes from the harsh winter, and my skin was starting to look less dull. After a few weeks of using the liquid on the Glossier's new Cotton Rounds ($4), (which by the way are ultra-soft and embossed with Glossier's G logo), I noticed that the blackheads around my nose had disappeared and I had fewer breakouts other than the hormonal bumps I get around my chin. A month later, my skin is mostly clear and seems (mostly) unaffected by the intense temperature fluctuations New York City has been experiencing.

I'm really glad to report that this product did not disappoint. All of the ingredients seem to have been put into the product with a purpose, and therefore it didn't irritate or dry out my skin. I would recommend this product to anyone with acne-prone, slightly oily skin who wants to see an improvement in their skin texture. If you're looking for a way to limit breakouts, it's about time to give in to the Glossier hype and test this new baby out.

I want to try this! The packaging is so pretty too 😄

RE: Glossier / Into the Gloss

Glossier You - I'll start by saying I don't wear perfume. I'm allergic to certain fragrances, so trying perfumes gets risky. Also, something about my skin makes scents not last. I stopped by the new Glossier You space after work yesterday because I have to try everything they make. Unfortunately, I didn't take any pictures, but there are some online. Everything was red, everyone was nice, but it was bizarre. I felt like I was participating in performance art. The fragrance itself smelled lovely in the store. I wore it to dinner and a show, my friend said she liked it because it was peppery and subtle on me, my husband said he couldn't smell anything. I liked it because it wasn't overly floral or sweet smelling. Day 2 (don't judge me, I used dry shampoo and showered that night) we were out all day and my husband noticed/liked the floral parts. Still not sure if I'll go for the $60, but I hope they're still doing samples with purchase next time I get something so I can try it more. I'm curious to how it changes as you wear it.

RE: Glossier / Into the Gloss

Does anyone know if they're going to do a Black Friday sale again this year? I'm running out of a few things and deciding if I should hold out a few more weeks.

Re: RE: Glossier / Into the Gloss

@JenL87 Kind of late (I've been busy with post-Thanksgiving/Black Friday craziness), but Glossier's Black Friday sale is 20% off everything and free shipping through 11/27. So there's still some time to grab stuff. 🙂 And thanks for the You review!

Anyone tried & have thoughts on the upcoming release of the Glossier You perfume? I know they're sending a sample with orders right now but I don't really need anything. At the same time, I'm so intrigued. Their description says "creamy, sparkling, clean and warm". Some says it's musky and woodsy but then others says it's a light citrusy floral. Emily Weiss says it's powdery, musky with a zing of Iris. I get the feeling it's similar to Juliette Has a Gun's Not a Perfume which I like and maybe with a hint of floral. 

RE: Re: Glossier / Into the Gloss

I'm probably going to head to the store and try it at some point. I don't wear perfume, so it's not something I'd probably buy. Body hero smells amazing though. I would love a perfume of that citrusy scent.

Duo_Carousel_1.jpg

I'm especially curious about the oil wash, especially once winter dry skin season hits.

The oil wash is $18 and the perfecting cream is $22; you can buy both together for $35 and save $5.

ETA: Oh, I should probably mention that there is censored nudity on the Body Hero pages that may be considered NSFW depending on your workplace. Lots of "turned just the right way so you don't see the full-on butt" and "hand over the boobs" modeling. 

Oh this sounds sooo good!!  (And I love the pink bottles:)) @TKLJ

Ooh, glad you mentioned the bottle, @heartsmyface. I don't know that I like the body wash bottle design. I had the face wash, which is a similar design, and I found you couldn't use the pump one-handed. The bottle was too tall and skinny, and would fall over if you didn't use your other hand to hold it steady. That's awkward to do while showering. 

(But I still wanna try it.)

I saw that this morning! I may try the oil wash in the future

Oh! I forgot to ask, have you ever tried an oil wash before @TKLJ? I'm quite fond of the L'Occitane almond one 

The L'occitane is the only one I've ever used, and I love it! I've never actually bought it; I feel like it always shows up in Sephora holiday bags. 🙂 @malday

Me too! Haha. The fact that I've gone through so many samples of those is the only reason I'm super curious about the Glossier one @TKLJ

"Glossier Just Launched Its Body Hero Duo Cleanser and Lotion"

os.JPG

Spoiler
Glossier is slowly but surely taking over the beauty industry — one trendy, millennial pink-packaged product at a time. Long-lasting lipstick? Been there. Sunscreen for every skin tone? Done that. Body cleanser? Well, that's next on the list. The skin-first-makeup-second beauty company created by Into the Gloss founder Emily Weiss, is officially tackling body care. Its new range, dubbed Body Hero Duo, consists of two rosy-hued tubes: the Daily Oil Wash and Daily Perfecting Cream.

Inspired by "oil cleansers and potent creams usually used above the neck," Body Hero Duo cleans and hydrates skin — from head to toe. The Daily Oil Wash (my personal favorite of the pair) is an oil-based cleanser made with a cocktail of nourishing elixirs (think coconut, olive, and meadowfoam oils), free radical-fighting grapeseed oil, and vitamin E-rich sunflower seed oil to boost the skin's moisture barrier. It's also made with one of my favorite scents, orange blossom neroli, a sweet, floral-y aroma, which lingers on skin long after lathering.

The second of the duo, the Daily Perfecting Cream, is not one to be missed either. The thick, creamy lotion, made with a "desert plant blend" of hydrators, like cactus flower, prickly pear, and yucca extracts, moisturizes like no other. Surprisingly, it's also made with tamarind fruit, a natural exfoliator packed with alpha hydroxy acids, to slough off dead skin while it hydrate the new. Oh, and the cream is made with the same subtle citrus scent as the cleanser, which I was obviously very into. (I like neroli, OK? Sue me.)

I found that the Daily Perfecting Cream is best used literally seconds after stepping out of the shower, while my skin is still wet. It grabs onto the leftover moisture left behind from the shower and creates a makeshift barrier, which keeps limbs and appendages hydrated for hours on end. And, if you're like me, you'll find the lotion is also great for mid-day itch fests, if you're prone to eczema-related breakouts (ugh, the worst).

I can barely get any product out of my wowder. I do not care for the packaging. Not worth $22 IMO. 

Ugh, that sucks. Have you tried contacting CS for a refund? I've found their CS to be quite good.

IMG_3256.PNG

RE: Re: Glossier / Into the Gloss

Did anyone buy/try it yet? I'm going to try to make it to the showroom next week. I'm curious about there only being 3 shades.

The "Wowder" is available now, by itself or in a set with the brush. I'm really curious but honestly the light/medium looks a little dark for my fair skin. Would depend on how pigmented it is I guess.

5 Replies
Conversation Stats
Photos69
  • IMG_8512.jpg
  • Screen Shot 2016-03-14 at 12.10.33 PM.png
  • IMG_8869.jpg
  • rsz_img_2582.jpg
  • rsz_img_2583.jpg
  • IMG_8934.jpg
  • image2 (2).JPG
  • IMG_9142.jpg
  • Screen Shot 2016-05-06 at 1.41.19 PM.png