Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Brand Loyal
|

Glossier / Into the Gloss

Since Glossier launched its Phase 2 set today, I thought it would be a good time to start a thread for the brand. Plus, I'm a bit obsessed with its products.

glossier solution.jpg

New product: Solution acid exfoiliator ($28) and Glossier-branded cotton rounds ($4). I mean, I buy my cotton rounds at the dollar store, but OK.

PROMOS: I have a referral link (you get 10% off, PM me for it).

FREE SHIPPING: Standard shipping is free when you order two or more items—including Canada!

SOLUTION: Use code "Solution" for free shipping when you buy Solution and cotton rounds.

CLOUD PAINT: Buy two Cloud Paint blushes, save $6.

WOWDER: Buy the powder and the brush, save $7. 

BODY HERO DUO: Buy Body Hero Daily Oil Wash and Body Hero Daily Perfecting Cream, save $5.

Sometimes there are additional discounts and promos floating around IG. Tag me if you find one and I'll add it here.

NEWS: 

Body Hero body wash and body cream:

Spoiler
Duo_Carousel_1.jpg

Wowder and brush:

Spoiler
wowder.JPG

Re: Glossier / Into the Gloss

@TKLJ has it I believe, maybe she'll pop in and give a mini review

Hi! I'm intereseted in Glossier's Balm DotCom, moisturizer, and the masks. I've heard good things about them, but anyone have firsthand experience?

For the lip balm, I'm currently using Jack Black's lip balm, which is the only thing currently working for my super chapped lips 😞 Everything else is not moisturizing enough. Was wondering if Glossier's is actually moisturizing or it'd just sit on top of my lips.

For the masks, is it worth it? Is there a difference felt? Debating on Glossier's or Herbivore Botanicals.

And the moisturizer, I have oily/combo skin with some dry spots, but mostly oily. Will it make my skin oilier? 

Also curious about the face mist! 

Thanks in advance 😄

I'm belatedly chiming in.

I wear The Balm DotCom at night only because it is so thick that I can't wear other lip products on top of it. I find it's more of a protective layer than deeply moisturizing. The consistency is very similar to vaseline, so it doesn't sink all the way into your lips. However, I'm on my third tube of this stuff (trying the Coconut scent after using the regular one), so I obviously like it. 🙂

The masks are OK, but nothing special. If you really wanted to try one, get the green clay one over the moisturizing one. A point in their favor is that both are very gentle and wash off without any harmful scrubbing.

The face mist ... I am just not a face mist person, so I gave mine away after using it for a few weeks. You could probably easily find a dupe.

Thanks for the reply! I tried the coconut lip balm yesterday and it actually moisturized my lips. The coconut smells so good haha. My main lip balm is Jack Black so it was a nice change! I have one by fresh too which doesn't work at all 😞 it's the advanced therapy one too.

I recently got the herbivore face mist, so I probably won't get the Glossier one. I was planning to use it more as a toner, but liked the ingredients in the Herbivore one more.

@flyte I have the Balm DotCom (in plain, cherry, rose, and mint) and I really like it. It's my favorite lip balm; I just wish it had an applicator rather than using fingers. I should note, though, that my lips are not generally really dry/chapped. My daughter takes Accutane and so her lips are ridiculously chapped and she constantly applies lip balm. She likes the Glossier balm but it is not her favorite.

I have never used the masks but if I remember correctly, some BTers have and it seemed to me that they didn't find them to be anything out of the ordinary. I could be wrong, though - it might help to look back a few pages and see if there is anything.

I have the moisturizer and I really like it. I have not found that it made my forehead/nose any oilier than normal (I don't have super-oily skin to begin with, however), and it definitely makes my skin feel soft and plump. I do wish it had sunscreen, though.

I know that there is a special right now where you can order the mist (I've never tried that) and the coconut balm for $25 and free shipping. Plus if you use the code SUMMER16 you get $5 off your order. (I can also give you a referral link which gives you (I think) 20% off your order but I don't know if you can combine the two discounts. I also get a credit if you use my link but don't feel like you have to, obviously!)

Anyways, I hope this helps a little! 🙂

Thank you for such a thorough reply! It gave me much to think about. I actually tried the coconut flavored balm yesterday and quite liked it! My main is usually the Jack Black lip balm and it was a nice change. It made a good base for some lipstick haha.

I wish it had an applicator too! Gets kind of messy constantly squeezing and putting some on your lips.

i was very generously gifted 2 of the generation g lip colors--crush and jam--and i'm really loving them ! i imagine if you already have pigmented lips they could be a bit 'meh', but on me i'm finding them surprisingly pigmented, and pleasantly (and comfortably) matte for a semi-sheer formula. would recommend !

i look forward to making a hefty glossier purchase soon. black boy brow, maybe another generation g, quartz highlighter. they're doing good !

OBSESSED with Quartz.  so pretty.  I don't have anything like the formula of these highlighters and its perfect because I really want a super dewy look for this summer.  But they're not greasy and gross looking.  I have oily skin so I was afraid, but it looks fantastic and it kind of sets down and feels weightless without fading or looking weird.

I haven't worn Topaz yet, but I'm going to wear it the same way everyone else is saying- just to kind of warm up my cheeks.  I'm excited to try it!

I took some pictures if anyone's interested! image.jpeg

I compared quartz to a couple of my other favorite cream highlights - top is Glossier Quartz, middle is RMS Living Luminizer, and the bottom is Well People Bio Brightener:

Glossier_Quartz1.jpg

Ah I took a couple comparison pics to similar highlights and they aren't working right now!  I'll have to try again tomorrow...

Hope to see some photos and more reviews on the highlighter sticks! Particularly quartz.

I do think it's funny that Glossier has been sending emails about, "Which shade is best for you? GET BOTH!" because lol those are for very different skintones

I know- those e-mails crack me up too.  It reminds me of their advice when skin tint launched-- something to the extent of, "whatever color you think you are, you're probably right!"

I, of course, did end up getting both, but I use them differently.  The quartz is a beautiful color for my skin for highlighting and the topaz works more as a bronzer/blush on my cheeks. The topaz does not work as a highlighter for me at all.  I think it really depends on what you want to use the sticks for.

The skin tints are such odd creatures. I ordered Light (and think it matches quite well), but I went to a Glossier launch party where they had all the tints (only three at the time), so I tried them all. I thought I also could have gotten away with Medium and even Dark if I blended the hell outta it and wore it in the summer. 

Wow!  That is sorta crazy.  I wear the light too and think it matches well, but  it is fairly translucent so I could see multiple colors working now that I think about it. Jealous you got to go to a launch party- how was it?

It was fun. They had a contest when they first launched the line that they would travel to two cities for launches, and you could vote for yours. They came to Chicago and had the whole line for testing (this was when it was only four products), plus they were selling LE gold and silver eyeliners.

Weirdly, they weren't selling anything from the main line, which was a bit obnoxious, as I could have bypassed shipping. But then they sent out a promo code to all attendees (20% and free shipping I think), so that made up for it.

Emily was there doing makeup for those who wanted to wait in line (I declined). Most importantly, there were mini grilled cheeses with tomato soup shooters (and other fancy apps) and pink drinks. 🙂

@TKLJ That does sound fun (outside of the weirdness about not having the main line).  I love the idea of gold and silver eyeliners- I wonder if that will ever come to the main line...

Mini grilled cheese with tomato soup shooters sounds pretty great too and, of course, drinks in "glossier pink"!

The liners were OK, but UD does 'em better. They were liquid ones.

I've found that if you use a referral link, you get 20% off your purchase. Depending on how much you spend, this is even better than $5 off. For example, if you buy the trio @$30, you can get $6 off instead of $5 with a referral link. 

Or, if you'd prefer to make your custom 3 set of the balms, see my scenario below:

Untitled.png

I don't like cherry so I ordered 3 balms separately. I used a referral link to save $7.20 and the $4.50 savings is from the site's "Free shipping over $30". So all in all, I saved $11.70 and got 3 balms for only $28.80 ---- better deal than the trio. 

If anyone needs a link, feel free to PM me 🙂 

you used to be able to stack the two and now you can't anymore 😞 

^Really? I just tried (with the balm trio) and both offers worked for me:

Untitled.png

Both offers are applied automatically. 

3 Replies
Conversation Stats
Photos69
  • IMG_8512.jpg
  • Screen Shot 2016-03-14 at 12.10.33 PM.png