Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Brand Loyal
|

For the love of all things Guerlain

There is a line that has buried itself in my heart (and my pocketbook), and it is Guerlain.  I know Im not the only one out there.  I thought I would start this thread for the discussion of all things Guerlain, skin care, makeup, perfume, places to get good gwp or good samples.  Experiences people have had, looks people have created with the products.  

For me it all started with a makeover by Guerlain's own Marie Line at my local Neiman Marcus.  She spent an hour with me and I left feeling calm and happy.  

As a mother of 4 year old twins and as a doctor I spend my live rushing through the day, often without enough sleep, more often without enough water, taking care of everyone else.  It shows on my face, in the fatigue in my eyes, in the puffiness and dark circles under them.  While I have been blessed with good skin it can be confused, aging (I bought my guerlain the day prior to my 40th birthday), but still with an oily t zone, and with patchy dry spots on my cheeks likely from the dry air in my medical work environment.  One of the things she said to me was- make it about a ritual for you, and dont leave it until your going to fall asleep.  I walked out with the orchidee imperiele gel cream, eye and lip cream and white/brightenining serum.  It was a birthday gift to myself.  And now every night I sit down for 15 minutes and wash my face and slowly carry through the ritual.  a ritual of energy expended and renewed.  Breathing in the soft smell of the orchids.  Im still using a cleanser and exfoliator from another line given how much I spent, but I have seen substantial change in my face in the 3 weeks since.  

so thats my story, and I would love to share a discussion with other lovers of Guerlain, especially as we eagerly anticipate the 2015 holiday collection.

Guerlain-Holiday-2015-Neiges-Merveilles.jpg

guerlainparis.jpg

Re: For the love of all things Guerlain

Good to know - thanks so much!

Those stars remind me of star candy I used to eat.....:) So beautiful!

Oh man, mine have been delivered, now only to get off work! So pretty!  🙂

Dreamy….

so...beautiful.........!!!

I'm still a bit confused as to why on Sephora it says the lipstick is Merveilleux Rose 867 and on Nordstrom the color is 62 Georgia.

some beauty bloggers were posting that so it created a bunch of confusion

I'll say! 😉

I think someone earlier had posted information that seemed to indicate that Georgia was repackaged as Merveilleux Rose.

Oh ok.  I admit that I haven't read all of this thread so I must have missed it.

From my sweet SA at Nordstrom. She says the collection just arrived today. image.jpeg

The packaging is to die for! 

Looks gorgeous! Thank you for sharing :).

The meteorites I ordered last week should be here tomorrow, but that lipstick (the packaging) looks GORGEOUS!

ahhh!!! i wonder if my nordies has them yet, i put down my name but they are so bad at contacting me!

The collection is now up on Nordstrom!

Yay! Just placed my order.

thank you!

After my initial grabby hands reaction wore off, I decided I really wanted the liquid lipstick  but it has either not appeared or sold out very quickly everywhere else. I passed over it when I first saw the collection last week thinking it was a gloss, but I think it is a new color/ new packaging for a formula previously only available in the Rouge G packaging. I had been wanting to try it but never got around to it and I don't think they have released anything new there since 2012. I am guessing it has sold out quickly because the packaging change has cut the price almost in half. This is my theory anyway....

It's up now. I just ordered it! I missed out on it before. Website was glitchy and I couldn't add 3 free samples, but I checked out anyway, not goiing to miss it again. lol

If it helps anyone, here is last year's Petrouchka palette (which I believe to be the exact same size as this year's holiday palette) in comparison to my blush brush from Smashbox (It's on the smaller side) as well as a comparison of the smaller blushes versus the pans in the Naked 3.

guerlain1.jpgguerlain2.jpg

This is very helpful, thank you! 

Thanks!! My plan is to swirl the shades together and use as a single blush 😄

1,676 Replies
testing