Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Brand Loyal
|

For the love of all things Guerlain

There is a line that has buried itself in my heart (and my pocketbook), and it is Guerlain.  I know Im not the only one out there.  I thought I would start this thread for the discussion of all things Guerlain, skin care, makeup, perfume, places to get good gwp or good samples.  Experiences people have had, looks people have created with the products.  

For me it all started with a makeover by Guerlain's own Marie Line at my local Neiman Marcus.  She spent an hour with me and I left feeling calm and happy.  

As a mother of 4 year old twins and as a doctor I spend my live rushing through the day, often without enough sleep, more often without enough water, taking care of everyone else.  It shows on my face, in the fatigue in my eyes, in the puffiness and dark circles under them.  While I have been blessed with good skin it can be confused, aging (I bought my guerlain the day prior to my 40th birthday), but still with an oily t zone, and with patchy dry spots on my cheeks likely from the dry air in my medical work environment.  One of the things she said to me was- make it about a ritual for you, and dont leave it until your going to fall asleep.  I walked out with the orchidee imperiele gel cream, eye and lip cream and white/brightenining serum.  It was a birthday gift to myself.  And now every night I sit down for 15 minutes and wash my face and slowly carry through the ritual.  a ritual of energy expended and renewed.  Breathing in the soft smell of the orchids.  Im still using a cleanser and exfoliator from another line given how much I spent, but I have seen substantial change in my face in the 3 weeks since.  

so thats my story, and I would love to share a discussion with other lovers of Guerlain, especially as we eagerly anticipate the 2015 holiday collection.

Guerlain-Holiday-2015-Neiges-Merveilles.jpg

guerlainparis.jpg

Re: For the love of all things Guerlain

Lol the advertising pictures are always misleading. We have to buy 2 or 3 jars of meteorites in order to have 1 jar looks liked the picture 😉 I guess that Guerlain way to enable us 😉

Yes...sadly..

Oh okay! Thanks, meganlisa!

Normal for them to be half full...

Here...below...these are the 3 shades separately as together with a brush they're too subtle for a decent photo.  The bottom one is the star shaped one...hence the unevenness of the swatch.

The gold is super light and close to my skin color...so it's super hard to catch on my phone camera

meteorites.jpg

anyone have a swatch of the meteorites?

Just posted it above...

Actually I just read your opinion below 🙂

Thanks for posting. That looks pretty glittery! What do you think of it on Megan? And what's the status with these, they seem sold out, but I know my local Nordstrom hasn't even gotten them yet and Saks doesn't appear to have the holiday collection in yet..

Softly pretty...only glittery in sunlight.

I'm a sucker for these soft cool with a little warmth from a sheer gold powders...finishing and highlighters alike...

I have heard a lot of people saying that the Winter Meteorites are really sparkly, but I will share my opinion and say they are not. When I apply them, it looks just like the Clair Meteorites. They are absolutely beautiful and I can tell I have them on, but I don't look anything like a disco ball. 

Just wanted to share for those who are on the fence.

I mostly agree. I see tiny bits of shimmer is sunlight but only then. Built up it can be used as a highlight but otherwise it's pretty subtle. 

No glitter ball on me either

me too, i have the same effect, not overwhelming, maybe a tiny bit more shimmer but not much.  and I have VERY pale skin so it doesn't take much to show up.

What brush do you use KaBla? I use the RT multitasking brush - I don't see huge chunks of glitter, but I do see plenty of shimmer and it is pretty apparent in sunlight. I'm wondering if my brush is picking up too much product. 

I use a big fluffy brush, it's a bare minerals one. 

I really wanted these, but they're $96 Canadian :'( 

Yes its insane and Im surprised that its $96 on the cdn site.. i thought it was going to be $89cdn per reviews...i hope bay or sdm reflect correct pricing maybe sephora jacked them up.

I find Sephora pricing to be frequently higher than The Bay/SDM. I think my NARS Pure Radiant Tinted moisturizer is $52 at The Bay, but $54 in Sephora 😞

Yes I totally agree! If you look at the mini opal Becca set, Sephora has it $30 but the Bay is selling it for $24!

I know right I noticed that too def. getting it at the Bay!!!

Exactly what I was thinking of Mary..been looking at that becca duo...

1,676 Replies
testing