Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Brand Loyal
|

For the love of all things Guerlain

There is a line that has buried itself in my heart (and my pocketbook), and it is Guerlain.  I know Im not the only one out there.  I thought I would start this thread for the discussion of all things Guerlain, skin care, makeup, perfume, places to get good gwp or good samples.  Experiences people have had, looks people have created with the products.  

For me it all started with a makeover by Guerlain's own Marie Line at my local Neiman Marcus.  She spent an hour with me and I left feeling calm and happy.  

As a mother of 4 year old twins and as a doctor I spend my live rushing through the day, often without enough sleep, more often without enough water, taking care of everyone else.  It shows on my face, in the fatigue in my eyes, in the puffiness and dark circles under them.  While I have been blessed with good skin it can be confused, aging (I bought my guerlain the day prior to my 40th birthday), but still with an oily t zone, and with patchy dry spots on my cheeks likely from the dry air in my medical work environment.  One of the things she said to me was- make it about a ritual for you, and dont leave it until your going to fall asleep.  I walked out with the orchidee imperiele gel cream, eye and lip cream and white/brightenining serum.  It was a birthday gift to myself.  And now every night I sit down for 15 minutes and wash my face and slowly carry through the ritual.  a ritual of energy expended and renewed.  Breathing in the soft smell of the orchids.  Im still using a cleanser and exfoliator from another line given how much I spent, but I have seen substantial change in my face in the 3 weeks since.  

so thats my story, and I would love to share a discussion with other lovers of Guerlain, especially as we eagerly anticipate the 2015 holiday collection.

Guerlain-Holiday-2015-Neiges-Merveilles.jpg

guerlainparis.jpg

Re: For the love of all things Guerlain

I think my heart just stopped. This is so beautiful!

I'm using a sample of Lingerie de Peau today and... uh oh. The last thing I need is to get hooked on a $63 foundation, but it's so pretty and natural and weightless!

If Guerlain made a better shade for me, I would be hooked.  LdP is so nice.

I actually love most Guerlain foundations. I'm using Parure Gold right now and ughhhhh. It's a great formula, but I can't spend this much again on something that I can only sort of match to my skin.

I did the same thing about 1.5 years ago and got sucked in!  It really doesn't take much though to do your whole face so the bottle has lasted quite awhile!

I believe it! I think I could easily get another two uses out of this foil.

Is it 02?  I think I have at least one or two foils of that at home.  I use 01 so they are a smidge dark for me.  You can have it/them if you want!

Yes, 02 is what I'm using. I wouldn't mind taking you up on that if you're sure you'd about parting with them!

I have no problem donating them to a good cause 🙂

I'm getting impatient waiting for Guerlain summer releases. Anyone hear any summer product news?

@AnneMCC nope, nada, zilch. 

@buggirl hopefully news soon!

Sephora has carosaul meteorites now!

I was wondering if the carousel meteorites will even be at Sephora. I heard on FB they said it will be in stock March 22nd, but it already started to get sold out everywhere. 

So very interesting, I held off on purchasing the carousel meteorites because I was concerned the pink would be too strong on me.  I had a guerlain facial today and after they were done with the facial I had a makeup application.  My SA then suggested she would like to use them as a blusher on me since I am so pale.  I was amazed but they were a very beautiful natural flushed glow on me.  I would have thought of using them that way but I was definitely impressed.

Ohhhh you've piqued my interest! I'm very pale as well and I want the carousel meteorites so badly (it's just too beautiful!). 

Interesting to hear.  I passed due to the pink as well...too much pink is never a good thing on me.  I wonder how close they are to the meteorites pink blush from last year?

Decided to purchase the meteorites in the deepest shade. 

I still can't decide between 08/09 in the bronzer.  So on the fence.  There aren't may videos of either online.

Bummer

Ladies, for all over use which meteorites shade is better for light with yellow undertone skin (NC20)? Light or medium? This will be my first ❤️

Honestly, there's not that much of a difference. The Medium leans slightly warmer than the Light. I'm a NW10-15 and use all of the different shades in different ways, personally.

Great to hear!

I would say light/Clair. I have light skin with neutral undertones and that's what I use. Welcome to the club!

1,676 Replies
testing