Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Brand Loyal
|

For the love of all things Guerlain

There is a line that has buried itself in my heart (and my pocketbook), and it is Guerlain.  I know Im not the only one out there.  I thought I would start this thread for the discussion of all things Guerlain, skin care, makeup, perfume, places to get good gwp or good samples.  Experiences people have had, looks people have created with the products.  

For me it all started with a makeover by Guerlain's own Marie Line at my local Neiman Marcus.  She spent an hour with me and I left feeling calm and happy.  

As a mother of 4 year old twins and as a doctor I spend my live rushing through the day, often without enough sleep, more often without enough water, taking care of everyone else.  It shows on my face, in the fatigue in my eyes, in the puffiness and dark circles under them.  While I have been blessed with good skin it can be confused, aging (I bought my guerlain the day prior to my 40th birthday), but still with an oily t zone, and with patchy dry spots on my cheeks likely from the dry air in my medical work environment.  One of the things she said to me was- make it about a ritual for you, and dont leave it until your going to fall asleep.  I walked out with the orchidee imperiele gel cream, eye and lip cream and white/brightenining serum.  It was a birthday gift to myself.  And now every night I sit down for 15 minutes and wash my face and slowly carry through the ritual.  a ritual of energy expended and renewed.  Breathing in the soft smell of the orchids.  Im still using a cleanser and exfoliator from another line given how much I spent, but I have seen substantial change in my face in the 3 weeks since.  

so thats my story, and I would love to share a discussion with other lovers of Guerlain, especially as we eagerly anticipate the 2015 holiday collection.

Guerlain-Holiday-2015-Neiges-Merveilles.jpg

guerlainparis.jpg

Re: For the love of all things Guerlain

@Sunnysmom By the time I have a car Ms Stinky probably a cat not kitty no more. Oh how I wish she stays the same size and be forever silly kitty 🐱😂🤣

Nothing sweeter than a little kitty @blackkitty2014 ! Enjoy her! 🥰

And I need to save for a car @Titian06 @Sunnysmom . 🤣😂

Who will it be , 🤔 @blackkitty2014 @ChristalM @Titian06! Can’t wait to see. My money is maybe on christalm or blackkitty tho titan may come on strong! Lol 

I can’t handle any more peer pressure @Sunnysmom 😂🤣

@blackkitty2014 🤣, yup we know how well we do regarding that! 😆

😂🤣😘😍 @Sunnysmom 

@blackkitty2014 Yup. I saw the Asian preview last month; quite a few of them reminded me of TF quads.

here are some swatches

6320A7FD-605F-4DCE-BAD4-FD718371E04A.png

82F86143-6F3B-459D-BA5E-84A81F616698.png

C2D8B716-1F87-41BA-96D0-C55C58445EF6.png

31A3B613-361C-452C-8E54-FE76124E1E99.png

67BAB59B-5930-4570-A394-8601ECA5C35B.png

29D4AEB8-BF19-44C8-A471-03D3EA5279D4.png

@Mochapj  Ohhhhh 214 looks really nice!!!!  

@Mochapj oh thanks! If these come to shoppers, I might pick one up!

Ooh @Mochapj you’re sooo good. Are you gonna try these out? 

@blackkitty2014 I’m not planning to try any of these ones, no. I’ll keep an eye on them for when they add other shade variations but none of the launch ones caught my eye.

Are any of them calling to you?

I’m such a sucker for blue. I might get the blue quad but want to wait it out for more review @Mochapj 😘

If you have visited a S. that hosts a Guerlain display, have you ever been disappointed by it?  I recently went into the City, visiting our big S. in 'The Pru', hoping to swatch a few Rouge G's like a Maniac. But in this high traffic locale, G's display was quite messy- the popular Primer d'Or sample bottle was empty, several RougeG's were MIA. Quite sad to see that. Sigh.

Guerlain fan, not sure if the Aqua Allegoria line got revamp or what but I see the entire line got marked down from various retailers (not yet Sephora) and they got sold out pretty fast.

33BE25C1-1417-40BC-98CB-EE5B795CCACA.png

🚨 New from Guerlain 🚨

🔔 Kisskiss bee glow lipstick 💄

Immagine 2022-04-14 152905.pngImmagine 2022-04-14 152601.png

What a lovely pic  @Skunk12puzzola ! These are up on Sephora now too just fyi! So pretty for spring! 🌸

GUERLAIN KissKiss Bee Glow Lipstick Balm 409 FUSCHIA GLOW 

If any Guerlain enthusiasts have ordered direct from Guerlain, could you please comment on the experience? There are a couple of items I'd love to 'pounce on', but am curious (maybe wary too) about c.s. quality. Sure, I'd relish nice Guerlain samples, but I am cautious.

Sorry if this question has been asked previously!

@MvLL @I didn’t have any problem with ordering direct. Cute packaging and samples. I just wish they do 2 day shipping liked Chanel. 

I had no problems either @MvLL . I’ve ordered directly numerous times and all has come well packed with lots of samples and beautifully done. I think I asked them a few color questions as well and they answered promptly and thoroughly. 😊 The last order I did was for one of the new lips below. So not that long ago. 

@MvLL - I've ordered from the site before and not had any problems.  I've not had a need to contact customer service, so I can't comment on that.  I'm sure @blackkitty2014 and @Sunnysmom have ordered from the site too.  Maybe they can comment on customer service.

testing