Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Brand Loyal
|

For the love of all things Guerlain

There is a line that has buried itself in my heart (and my pocketbook), and it is Guerlain.  I know Im not the only one out there.  I thought I would start this thread for the discussion of all things Guerlain, skin care, makeup, perfume, places to get good gwp or good samples.  Experiences people have had, looks people have created with the products.  

For me it all started with a makeover by Guerlain's own Marie Line at my local Neiman Marcus.  She spent an hour with me and I left feeling calm and happy.  

As a mother of 4 year old twins and as a doctor I spend my live rushing through the day, often without enough sleep, more often without enough water, taking care of everyone else.  It shows on my face, in the fatigue in my eyes, in the puffiness and dark circles under them.  While I have been blessed with good skin it can be confused, aging (I bought my guerlain the day prior to my 40th birthday), but still with an oily t zone, and with patchy dry spots on my cheeks likely from the dry air in my medical work environment.  One of the things she said to me was- make it about a ritual for you, and dont leave it until your going to fall asleep.  I walked out with the orchidee imperiele gel cream, eye and lip cream and white/brightenining serum.  It was a birthday gift to myself.  And now every night I sit down for 15 minutes and wash my face and slowly carry through the ritual.  a ritual of energy expended and renewed.  Breathing in the soft smell of the orchids.  Im still using a cleanser and exfoliator from another line given how much I spent, but I have seen substantial change in my face in the 3 weeks since.  

so thats my story, and I would love to share a discussion with other lovers of Guerlain, especially as we eagerly anticipate the 2015 holiday collection.

Guerlain-Holiday-2015-Neiges-Merveilles.jpg

guerlainparis.jpg

Re: RE: For the love of all things Guerlain

@Mochapj, looking forward to the meterorites in this collection!

@Mochapj The pearls look liked Du Dragon from couple years back aren’t they? 

@blackkitty2014  they do look like a very similar colour scheme. Although I like the packaging of this better. IIRC my Dragon perles are the ones in a glitter coated box and I hate that - it gets so messy and catches on everything 😄

@Mochapj Hopefully this will make it to US. Not that I need another Du Dragon but I will hoard this anyway 😘 Thx for posting 

Happen to know the release date?? 🙂

@seekingtruth nope. Not the North American one, at least. I found the photos on a Japanese blog so all the dates were only relevant to them.

Thanks @Mochapj !  Hopefully it's not just an Asia release...

RE: For the love of all things Guerlain

Thx to @Ispend2much6 and @Mochapj for the reviews, I use the latest GUERLAIN Météorites Pearl (Stairlight) as blush and here what it looks liked. There is no way I can use it as all over powder. It’s real pretty as a blush and I really like it. Weird fact: the whole jar make it to me from U.K. without a single broken pearl 😉

Beautiful look! <333

This is absolutely stunning!

@blackkitty2014  That works beautifully as a blush! You're glowing, so gorgeous 🙂 

Thx you @curlychiquita , @TraceyEB , @MissPuff ... I'm so glad Mochapj and Ispend2much6 posted and i listened and use it as a blush 😉

@blackkitty2014, it looks lovely as a blush!!

@blackkitty2014, it looks lovely as a blush!!

It looks lovely,  @blackkitty2014! So happy they made it safely!

@blackkitty2014   It looks gorgeous on you!  That's amazing that none were broken.  I agree with you; there's no way I can use the pearls as a finishing powder.  I wonder which type of skintone could, since it's such a dark pink.

Thx you @Ispend2much6 for posting your haul earlier and the link.  I kept waiting for it to come to the US and dont look like it ever will... Sigh!! I love it though.  I was pleasantly surprised that the whole jar was intact given the fact that it was in transit for 2.5 weeks 😉

For the love of all things Guerlain

The Guerlain Parure Gold compact arrived this week but, unfortunately, it is too scented for me to wear. For those who are curious, here's what the actual product looks like.

Re: For the love of all things Guerlain

Now available at Selfridges as is the Parure Gold setting mist.

Tagging @Mochapj

Guerlain LE powder.jpg

this is so gorgeous! 

@TraceyEB  thanks I’ve been waiting for this one!

@shimmerbait, you're welcome! I was surprised to see it!

1 Reply
testing