Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Brand Loyal
|

For the love of all things Guerlain

There is a line that has buried itself in my heart (and my pocketbook), and it is Guerlain.  I know Im not the only one out there.  I thought I would start this thread for the discussion of all things Guerlain, skin care, makeup, perfume, places to get good gwp or good samples.  Experiences people have had, looks people have created with the products.  

For me it all started with a makeover by Guerlain's own Marie Line at my local Neiman Marcus.  She spent an hour with me and I left feeling calm and happy.  

As a mother of 4 year old twins and as a doctor I spend my live rushing through the day, often without enough sleep, more often without enough water, taking care of everyone else.  It shows on my face, in the fatigue in my eyes, in the puffiness and dark circles under them.  While I have been blessed with good skin it can be confused, aging (I bought my guerlain the day prior to my 40th birthday), but still with an oily t zone, and with patchy dry spots on my cheeks likely from the dry air in my medical work environment.  One of the things she said to me was- make it about a ritual for you, and dont leave it until your going to fall asleep.  I walked out with the orchidee imperiele gel cream, eye and lip cream and white/brightenining serum.  It was a birthday gift to myself.  And now every night I sit down for 15 minutes and wash my face and slowly carry through the ritual.  a ritual of energy expended and renewed.  Breathing in the soft smell of the orchids.  Im still using a cleanser and exfoliator from another line given how much I spent, but I have seen substantial change in my face in the 3 weeks since.  

so thats my story, and I would love to share a discussion with other lovers of Guerlain, especially as we eagerly anticipate the 2015 holiday collection.

Guerlain-Holiday-2015-Neiges-Merveilles.jpg

guerlainparis.jpg

RE: For the love of all things Guerlain

Supposedly this is going to be a Sephora exclusive case, probably for holiday

Re: RE: For the love of all things Guerlain

gushing over this!  I love the lavender

Re: For the love of all things Guerlain

E2DC8505-FBE4-45F2-867F-597C387A5A5A.jpeg

My Feel Unique order arrived the other day.  I purchased the new L'Essentiel foundation, the cushion primer, and the Meteorites.  I played with everything today and have some info to share.

Starting with the cushion primer; this was such a great idea!  But I honestly don't see the need for it.  It doesn't really act well as a primer; it won't help the application of your foundation.  I also wish there was a way to combine the little colored spheres of the primer.  You can only push the netting on top of the spheres so much so not primer is released.  Also, I'm pretty sure that once applied to my face, I could pick out where the orange primer spheres marked my skin.  Maybe not a big deal, but I just don't like it.

The foundation is okay.  It does apply very smoothly and has a light, natural coverage.  I have red cheeks, and it did not cover the redness all the way; it just took the edge off.  I also have some dry patches that were accentuated.  It came off easily and dirtied my phone every time I used it. It didn't last as long as I would have liked.  I applied it at about 12-12;30 p.m. and here at 8 p.m. it is nearly gone, except for a little bit left on my forehead that didn't touch my phone. I don't know if this is typical or not.  It's very hot and humid here today, but I spent most of the day inside or in my car traveling to inside locations, so the only time I was exposed to heat was when the car's air conditioning was gearing up.

The Meteorites are very pretty! I used an IT Cosmetics powder brush to apply it.  It definitely worked well as a blush for me; I would definitely not apply it all over.  I would look like I had a fever.  But then again, I have pretty pale skin.  I am happy I bought these.

Sorry to hear you did not like the primer @Ispend2much6 

I’m actually quite the opposite; I liked it so much I purchased a bunch of backups (I had emailed Guerlain and they told me it was LE)

that said, I don’t wear foundation so I only use it as a colour correction/added luminosity and then dust a little translucent powder on top. I find on my olive skintone it mostly adds brightness, the pale pink is the dominant tone I can pick out on my skin.

at least some of your haul were wins ☺️

@Mochapj   The primer actually would make a beautiful highlighter, now that I think about it.  I squished all over the cushion and smeared all of the colors together on the back of my hand.  The swatch really gleamed; you could not see any shimmer or glitter particles at all, even close-up. 

5C26F793-2C99-48D8-9637-2AAD4DBA65CC.jpeg

Oh I think so too @Ispend2much6 ! It looks so pretty on you! That’s what I’m intending to use it for also as like @Mochapj I don’t wear foundation so I’m hoping it’ll work out for a pretty glow. It does seem strange it’s a LE. Maybe it’ll turn into a permanent thing of a lot of people are loving it. Hope so! ☺️

@Sunnysmom   It will definitely give you a glow!

Yea @Ispend2much6 hope so! It’s got quite a challenging job to do on this old girl’s skin !  🤣☺️

@Ispend2much6 Glad to hear you may have found a method that works for you.

i admit I was a bit confounded when you said your could see orange specks because I couldn’t understand how you’d managed to apply distinct colours. When I use mine I just squish the pad into the compact and swipe the whole mess across my face. The one thing I don’t quite understand is where the product is coming from after the ‘perles’ are squished. I guess maybe there was just a thin layer of perles on top of a cushion sponge but I’m looking forward to cutting it open to find out once I finish it.

I am slightly annoyed that it’s an LE product (seems strange to make a primer limited) especially since I discovered the pearls part of the compact is removable, which seems designed to take refills ☹️

@Mochapj   I wondered about that; I tentatively tried to remove the pearl part but I was too chicken.

What happened is, during my first use of the cushion, I dabbed the sponge straight onto the pearls.  In the picture of the cushion compact, (it's probably too difficult to see from the photo,) the pearls maintained their distinct colors on the sponge once pressed with it.  Then, I dabbed it on my face, so whatever design of the pearls was on the sponge ended up on my face, and there wasn't enough product released to merge with the other colors.  For some reason I can't get a lot of product out of an application when I press with the sponge.  I pressed really hard with my finger several times to get out enough to make the swatch of the primer, and that amount may only cover half of my face. 

Thx you so much for the review @Ispend2much6 Heart

@blackkitty2014   You're welcome; it's just my opinion.  🙂

Oh yea @Ispend2much6 you got yours!! I have not yet! 😕 That’s too bad about the primer. I’m curious about it! So glad at least the Meteorites are nice for you. A fever, that made me giggle! 😆

@Sunnysmom   Mine actually came two weeks early!

👏🏻💃🏻 @Ispend2much6 ! 

RE: For the love of all things Guerlain

Parure Gold for holiday, 10th year anniversary

Sunny side up @Mochapj  😉 My breakfast egg looks a bit more attractive.  Dont hit me with the pan 😉  Thx for posting Heart

Lol I was thinking that too @blackkitty2014  but I didn’t want to say anything 🤣

For the love of all things Guerlain

For anyone following this thread, just thought I'd let you know their is some Guerlain lipsticks in the Sephora sale section online.

Has anyone tried GUERLAIN - L'Essentiel Natural 16H Wear Foundation SPF 20 - 01N

this looks like great option as there aren’t many without silicones. 

I quite like it @thatjedininja @naturalooks15  I got it when it came out in the UK 6 months or so ago. I have drier skin and it is comfortable and wears well, lasts the day and is light to medium coverage. I also was able to find a good color match which is rare for me. I don’t wear foundation every day but when I do, more often than not, this is the one I reach for. 

1 Reply
testing