Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Brand Loyal
|

For the love of all things Guerlain

There is a line that has buried itself in my heart (and my pocketbook), and it is Guerlain.  I know Im not the only one out there.  I thought I would start this thread for the discussion of all things Guerlain, skin care, makeup, perfume, places to get good gwp or good samples.  Experiences people have had, looks people have created with the products.  

For me it all started with a makeover by Guerlain's own Marie Line at my local Neiman Marcus.  She spent an hour with me and I left feeling calm and happy.  

As a mother of 4 year old twins and as a doctor I spend my live rushing through the day, often without enough sleep, more often without enough water, taking care of everyone else.  It shows on my face, in the fatigue in my eyes, in the puffiness and dark circles under them.  While I have been blessed with good skin it can be confused, aging (I bought my guerlain the day prior to my 40th birthday), but still with an oily t zone, and with patchy dry spots on my cheeks likely from the dry air in my medical work environment.  One of the things she said to me was- make it about a ritual for you, and dont leave it until your going to fall asleep.  I walked out with the orchidee imperiele gel cream, eye and lip cream and white/brightenining serum.  It was a birthday gift to myself.  And now every night I sit down for 15 minutes and wash my face and slowly carry through the ritual.  a ritual of energy expended and renewed.  Breathing in the soft smell of the orchids.  Im still using a cleanser and exfoliator from another line given how much I spent, but I have seen substantial change in my face in the 3 weeks since.  

so thats my story, and I would love to share a discussion with other lovers of Guerlain, especially as we eagerly anticipate the 2015 holiday collection.

Guerlain-Holiday-2015-Neiges-Merveilles.jpg

guerlainparis.jpg

RE: For the love of all things Guerlain

More details about that squiggly highlighter I posted a while back

Re: RE: For the love of all things Guerlain

Thx @Mochapj.  I really really hope this one is awesome.  I haven't bought anything from Guerlain for a while.  While the packaging are always beautiful, the quality has been hit and miss lately (i'm also looking at you Tom).  Miss those days that Guerlain came out with those legendary highlighters and meteorites.

Same for me @blackkitty2014

Aside from picking up Meteorites, I haven't been interested in what Guerlain's been doing in quite some time. This new piece for Spring '19 is interesting looking. It looks really dark to be a highlighter but perhaps it's more pearly than it looks.

How interesting that this duo is part of the Meteorites l...

How interesting that this duo is part of the Meteorites line. I confess to pay little attention to Guerlain cosmetics outside the lipsticks, bronzers, and Meteorites powder.

Re: How interesting that this duo is part of the Meteorites l...

I agree with you guys. A hundred years ago or more I used to love their lipsticks. lol Perfect colors and pigments. But anymore they just disappoint. I do use the one meteorite highlight powder daily which still surprises me for how pretty it is over blush and all over. New stuff will be interesting to see. 

Re: For the love of all things Guerlain

Two Tones Blush & Illuminateur & Kiss Kiss Colours of Kisses Collector’s Edition Lipstick - Sept 1st

Lipsticks are available now for the US (coming soon for Canada):

https://www.sephora.com/ca/en/product/kisskiss-creamy-satin-finish-lipstick-P434384

They are saying that the 190th anniversary LE collectable Ladies In All Climates powder is coming December 1st but the posts from Beauty Almanac says November.

Screen Shot 2018-08-27 at 7.15.21 AM.png

Screen Shot 2018-08-27 at 7.07.49 AM.pngScreen Shot 2018-08-27 at 7.07.57 AM.png

Spoiler
pics from Beauty Almanac
Guerlain-Christmas-Holiday-2018-Makeup-Collection-Ladies-Inn-All-Climates-Powder-1Guerlain-Christmas-Holiday-2018-Makeup-Collection-Ladies-Inn-All-Climates-Powder-2 

Woohoo holiday Meteorites! Wonder how deep it will swatch.

OK that white compact is stunning. I almost don't care what is in there - I just want it lol. Although I do actually wonder what it is 

@Kim888, I wondered what it was, too! Thanks, @Mochapj!

@Kim888 it's just a white pressed powder for touchups.

More of the holiday collection

Upcoming blush and holiday palette

Wow! That blush looks like it could be a similar formula to Cruel Gardenia!

Wow love the look of that blush palette

Has anyone tried the Orchidée Impériale The Brightening & Perfecting UV Protector SPF 50 ?  I wonder if it's better than Chanel's Le Blanc Light Creator . If they were the same price I would just buy it and give it a try. But paying $100 more for the same description without reading any reviews before feels a bit risky for me 😞  

Untitled.png

Meteorites cushion?

@Mochapj I think I like this idea! Though subtle, I still love and use daily the Happy Glow blush. 

I think Guerlain concealer is the best! I was a die hard MAC user before Sephora and this one is great. 

Terracotta Sahara Jewel Powder.. available now in UK, coming soon to Nordstrom, NM, and Sephora

saharajewel.jpg

FYI for Canadians, I picked up the Sahara Jewel at The Bay a few weeks ago. 

I haven’t seen Sous les Palmiers available yet. 

Lots of bronzer from Guerlain this season!

@shimmerbait, thanks for posting, I thought I had already...

@shimmerbait, thanks for posting, I thought I had already missed out.
2 Replies
testing