Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Brand Loyal
|

For the love of all things Guerlain

There is a line that has buried itself in my heart (and my pocketbook), and it is Guerlain.  I know Im not the only one out there.  I thought I would start this thread for the discussion of all things Guerlain, skin care, makeup, perfume, places to get good gwp or good samples.  Experiences people have had, looks people have created with the products.  

For me it all started with a makeover by Guerlain's own Marie Line at my local Neiman Marcus.  She spent an hour with me and I left feeling calm and happy.  

As a mother of 4 year old twins and as a doctor I spend my live rushing through the day, often without enough sleep, more often without enough water, taking care of everyone else.  It shows on my face, in the fatigue in my eyes, in the puffiness and dark circles under them.  While I have been blessed with good skin it can be confused, aging (I bought my guerlain the day prior to my 40th birthday), but still with an oily t zone, and with patchy dry spots on my cheeks likely from the dry air in my medical work environment.  One of the things she said to me was- make it about a ritual for you, and dont leave it until your going to fall asleep.  I walked out with the orchidee imperiele gel cream, eye and lip cream and white/brightenining serum.  It was a birthday gift to myself.  And now every night I sit down for 15 minutes and wash my face and slowly carry through the ritual.  a ritual of energy expended and renewed.  Breathing in the soft smell of the orchids.  Im still using a cleanser and exfoliator from another line given how much I spent, but I have seen substantial change in my face in the 3 weeks since.  

so thats my story, and I would love to share a discussion with other lovers of Guerlain, especially as we eagerly anticipate the 2015 holiday collection.

Guerlain-Holiday-2015-Neiges-Merveilles.jpg

guerlainparis.jpg

For the love of all things Guerlain

I am obsessed with wanting to buy the Kiss Kiss Love Love lipstick because it's heart shaped. I haven't bought it yet. Is it good? I feel bad wanting to buy something because of its shape.

RE: For the love of all things Guerlain

New pearls are available for pre-order at Saks

Re: RE: For the love of all things Guerlain

@shimmerbait, this is just so lovely!

Re: For the love of all things Guerlain

I just wanted everyone to know that the new Rouge G cases DO fit the old lipsticks, they are just not magnetized.  You have to push the lipstick onto the case to latch, but it's easy to do.  The new cases are heavy, but not quite as heavy as the old ones.

My first two My Rouge G purchases, #03 and #06, along with Gracia in the old formula for comparison.

As far as the new formula goes, I don't care for it.  It feels like it has a lot more wax in it, and is harder.  It also doesn't seem to have that special finish that I liked so much about Rouge G. 

The new packaging.  The black cylinders are the caps.The new packaging. The black cylinders are the caps.The new #06, the old Gracia, and the new #03The new #06, the old Gracia, and the new #03

RE: Re: For the love of all things Guerlain

Did you finally swatch it? Pls share

Re: RE: Re: For the love of all things Guerlain

@mztm  I did not swatch them, I returned them. By this time there should be swatches online from others who have purchased them.

Thanks @Ispend2much6, for the photos and comments on the...

Thanks @Ispend2much6, for the photos and comments on the new texture. I'm waiting on some pictures of the new cases in person. I can't decide from the photos online.

Re: Thanks @Ispend2much6, for the photos and comments on the...

@Luvstravel  You're welcome!  I did get 3 of the cases:  gypsy folk (the flowered one,) K-doll (looks like pale pink online but it's really a white with holographic pink shading all over,) and the Miami (the one that looks like pink leather.)  I kind of think the leather will get damaged quickly, so I'm not keeping that one.  I don't like the holo one either.  Since I don't care for the formula, my need for 3 cases has disappeared. 🙂

I contacted Guerlain and asked them if any of the new Rouge G shades were repeats from the previous line.  This was their very unhelpful answer:
"Please be advised we have updated the Rouge G Collection via our website with the new colors, To compare your current colors and for matching instructions please visit a retail location and request assistance from a representative. If you need assistance please use our store locator."

Temptalia said on her site that the new Rouge G's would be available on Sephora 4/10! 

@Ispend2much6 you were right about the refills! 🙂

Screenshot (239).png

@DaintyDiva  Woohoo!  And I ordered a few cases from Feel Unique, thinking they would be cheaper than buying them in the US, plus I would get the ones I wanted.  I paid too much for them. 😞

Have you found any definitive information if any of the shades are repeats?  I know the formula is supposed to be different, but I don't want to double up any shades.  Also, I had read that the old lipsticks do fit the new cases.  I hope so.  Thanks!

I don't have any info 😕 . I'm so tempted by those cases, but I'm keeping strong on my lipstick no-buy. It's hard! 😄 lol

@DaintyDiva  Wow!  You are my  hero.  The cases are cheap though...:)

I saw some speculation online (I think on Temptalia's post) as to whether or not any of the shades from the new Rouge G line would correlate to old shades from the discontinued line. 

I tried to pair up the old shade names with the new ones to see. TL;DR version: I think that some of the new shades may be old shades renamed since they look to be similar colours. But a handful look like new shades entirely. 

The ones that look different to me have asterisks next to them. 

Guerlain Rouge G
Old - New

02 Gardenia - 02 Light Beige

03 Galia - 03 Light Rosewood

06 - Garance - 06 Rose

21 Gala - 21 Cherry Red

22 Greta - 22 Bright Red

23 Geisha - 23 Dark Cherry

25 Garconne - 25 Flaming Red

28 Genna - 28 Coral Red

41 Gipsy - 41 Bright Coral

*42 Guiliana - 42 Flaming Orange

43 Ginger - 43 Orange Coral

*45 - Orange Euphorique - 45 Orange Red

62 Georgia - 62 Antique Pink

65 Grenade - 65 Pearly Rosewood

*67 Giovanna - 67 Deep Pink

*70 Gigolo OR Fushia Delice - 70 Bright Pink

71 Girly - 71 Intense Pink

*72 Rose Innocent - 72 Raspberry Pink

*73 Rose Ensolleille - 73 Bright Fuschia

*74 Rose Piquant - 74 Bright Purple

77 Geraldine - 77 Light Pink

78 Gladys - 78 Plum

New shades:
555 Deep Plum
520 PH Pink
888 Sparkling Fuschia
214 Brick Red
777 Sparkling Gold
333 Blue Jean
111 Forest Green
999 Sheer STrobing

I am now confident that the new shades don't correspond to the old shades, after looking at some of Temptalia's swatches:

temptalia guerlain 06.JPGtemptalia guerlain 21.JPGtemptalia guerlain 25.JPGtemptalia guerlain 65.JPGtemptalia guerlain 78.JPG

RE: Re: For the love of all things Guerlain

Temptalia is so amazing. The world is such a wonderful place with her in it!! Thanks for posting the swatches.

@lachaton  Thank you for the work and the post!

Thank you, @lachaton!  The new 45 Orange Red looks so pretty!

testing