Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Brand Loyal
|

For the love of all things Guerlain

There is a line that has buried itself in my heart (and my pocketbook), and it is Guerlain.  I know Im not the only one out there.  I thought I would start this thread for the discussion of all things Guerlain, skin care, makeup, perfume, places to get good gwp or good samples.  Experiences people have had, looks people have created with the products.  

For me it all started with a makeover by Guerlain's own Marie Line at my local Neiman Marcus.  She spent an hour with me and I left feeling calm and happy.  

As a mother of 4 year old twins and as a doctor I spend my live rushing through the day, often without enough sleep, more often without enough water, taking care of everyone else.  It shows on my face, in the fatigue in my eyes, in the puffiness and dark circles under them.  While I have been blessed with good skin it can be confused, aging (I bought my guerlain the day prior to my 40th birthday), but still with an oily t zone, and with patchy dry spots on my cheeks likely from the dry air in my medical work environment.  One of the things she said to me was- make it about a ritual for you, and dont leave it until your going to fall asleep.  I walked out with the orchidee imperiele gel cream, eye and lip cream and white/brightenining serum.  It was a birthday gift to myself.  And now every night I sit down for 15 minutes and wash my face and slowly carry through the ritual.  a ritual of energy expended and renewed.  Breathing in the soft smell of the orchids.  Im still using a cleanser and exfoliator from another line given how much I spent, but I have seen substantial change in my face in the 3 weeks since.  

so thats my story, and I would love to share a discussion with other lovers of Guerlain, especially as we eagerly anticipate the 2015 holiday collection.

Guerlain-Holiday-2015-Neiges-Merveilles.jpg

guerlainparis.jpg

Re: For the love of all things Guerlain

Agreed, I don't use the Meteorites brush. I don't like the feel of it at all. 

Here! I love Guerlain. I first got hooked on their perfumes. There is a very characteristic scent to many of them, they call it 'Guerlainade'. I have 3. I have Meteorites, the summer limited edition bronzer, plus I've had a few foundations. I'm not wild about the skin care. But overall the brand is great. My Sephora does not carry it. If anyone needs a special item from Guerlain I recommend Marquez at the Guerlain boutique at the Palazzo in Las Vegas. He is the best, really knows the products. I just ordered the Rouge G mascara. I wore it from a sample one day and 3 people said my lashes were crazy long!

Which 3 perfumes do you have, Anne?

Anne- as per your prior suggestion I checked- my state doesn't have a freestanding store, so Ill make sure to call your gentleman in Las Vegas if I have more in depth questions.  If you want to sample several items do you just call him and ask?

Hi! So yes call Marquez. He has always been very generous with samples for me. PM me if you need the number. Let's see my perfumes are Terracotta Le Parfum (love, love, love) Aqua Allegoria Limon Verde, and Aqua Allegoria Lys Soleia. I actually just got some samples of some more. I'm tempted to get one of the more $$ perfumes. I like 'French Kiss'..Also, Marquez says that they will have the holiday collection there in 2 weeks and it will ship out then! Christmas in October, yay! I think one of the great things about Meteorites is they last and they stay beautiful, whereas with palettes, etc. once you have dipped your brush over time they don't look as pretty but I feel like Meteorites stay really nice to look at..

my neiman marcus is not being very responsive about the holiday collection, so I'm giiving them a couple of days and then I'm calling your guy

Hey maybe your guy will know what the lip color actually is!

Does Marquez ship out to other states say on the East coast? My mom has a lady that she works with in Vegas, but its for clothing. It's always nice to find a good SA.

My favorite (and only!) liquid foundation is Guerlain's Lingerie de Peau Invisible Skin Fusion Foundation. It's sheer and lightweight and '31 Ambre Pale' blends perfectly with my skintone. This is the only liquid foundation I have found thus far that I like the look and feel of and that my skin actually tolerates. And the Guerlain scent - such a treat! I also love the Maxi Lash mascara and the smell of roses when I use it.

I just ordered the Parure du Lumiere for the first time, after my makeover at the Guerlain counter.  Im trying to use up what I have left of my prior foundation first though, so the Guerlain is just sitting there taunting me!!! the 12 rose clair was a  perfect match for my skin, so I'm definitely looking forward to having it to use on a daily basis.  

best. mascara(s). ever.

Given that the TF, CT and Chanel threads have been trying to soak up every last spare bit of cash...I decided...why not join this one too....

Ritual is huge.  Beauty products are so for us and not others (even if sometimes we're told otherwise).

I meant to start a Guerlain thread for the longest time 😉 but never did. So thank you for starting this. I'm sure we will have lots of funs next month when the holiday collection is launched:)

I've been waiting for someone to start a Lancome thread, but am starting to think it will never happen. I love Guerlain, but Lancome will always be my first love.

I do not want to start it myself, because I do not research it enough to be at the helm.

That Eiffel Tower of balls is amazing. 

I remember going to the Guerlain website, and watching the video about the Meteorites, and I was so captivated by the colors I just had to have them! Then I bought the Guerlain Maxi Lash because a lot of people on BT really love it, and it is my favorite mascara now! I also went and bought the Terracotta bronzer, which I adore as well.

All of the products I have tried are so luxurious, and very much worth the money spent. I use those three products almost every day, and I plan on buying more, especially now that the holiday set is coming soon.

Guerlain, I'll love you forever ❤️

Has anyone tried the purple version of the maxi lash?  any opinions?

Me too, love this brand. I think the purple mascara sounds lovely. Will be on my purchase list! Also love their perfume.

testing