Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Brand Loyal
|

For the love of all things Guerlain

There is a line that has buried itself in my heart (and my pocketbook), and it is Guerlain.  I know Im not the only one out there.  I thought I would start this thread for the discussion of all things Guerlain, skin care, makeup, perfume, places to get good gwp or good samples.  Experiences people have had, looks people have created with the products.  

For me it all started with a makeover by Guerlain's own Marie Line at my local Neiman Marcus.  She spent an hour with me and I left feeling calm and happy.  

As a mother of 4 year old twins and as a doctor I spend my live rushing through the day, often without enough sleep, more often without enough water, taking care of everyone else.  It shows on my face, in the fatigue in my eyes, in the puffiness and dark circles under them.  While I have been blessed with good skin it can be confused, aging (I bought my guerlain the day prior to my 40th birthday), but still with an oily t zone, and with patchy dry spots on my cheeks likely from the dry air in my medical work environment.  One of the things she said to me was- make it about a ritual for you, and dont leave it until your going to fall asleep.  I walked out with the orchidee imperiele gel cream, eye and lip cream and white/brightenining serum.  It was a birthday gift to myself.  And now every night I sit down for 15 minutes and wash my face and slowly carry through the ritual.  a ritual of energy expended and renewed.  Breathing in the soft smell of the orchids.  Im still using a cleanser and exfoliator from another line given how much I spent, but I have seen substantial change in my face in the 3 weeks since.  

so thats my story, and I would love to share a discussion with other lovers of Guerlain, especially as we eagerly anticipate the 2015 holiday collection.

Guerlain-Holiday-2015-Neiges-Merveilles.jpg

guerlainparis.jpg

Re: For the love of all things Guerlain

Where at will the Enchanted Snowflakes be released?

I think most, if not all, Guerlain counters will receive it. Although they can sell out very quickly. The holiday collection was online laser year too (Sephora, Nordstrom, etc)

Hopefully I can find it online, I don't have any stores near me that sell them.

You may be able to call a counter and see if they will ship it to you 🙂 Otherwise, just keep your eyes peeled online!

Dang, I already have Georgia. I wish they had created a new color for holiday 😞

I wondered about that, but since Im not the beauty blogger with access to information I just kinda went with it, so on that one I guess we just have to wait and see.  I like georgia, but I personally would like to see a deeper color, berry or red, something like that, since I already have Gemma.

You know i dont think it is georgia. The post already mentions 967 Marveilleux Rose so not sure why there would be two different names for the same shade!! Still holding out hope that it isnt an existing shade! 🙂

I was thinking the same, I don't have Georgia but I'm not sure I want it now just for the packaging. 

Can those of you who have been singing the praises of Maxilash post some before/after photos?

Here ya go! Let the giant eyeball photos commence... After applying it today I realized that I do actually prefer the YSL by a bit. If given the choice, I would always select the YSL because it applies so cleanly and doesn't require a pass with the lash comb.

Spoiler
image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Thank you! It's so much more helpful to actually see the results than just to hear people describing them!

Your eyes are beautiful, by the way!

Not a problem. And thank you! I should also add that the effect is not quite the same as the YSL which I prefer. Maxi Lash thickens and lengthens, whereas YSL mostly defines and lengthens. I would say Maxi Lash has a denser formula which is what makes it clump a little in application... But nothing a lash comb can't easily sort out!

Your eyes are even more mesmerizing up close!

Great eyes!  Shape, color, lashes!

I'll try to take one tomorrow, but for when you see the photos, keep in mind that my lashes are naturally long and straight and won't curl no matter what. Maxi Lash is either very nearly on par with or is on par with my favorite YSL Mascara Volume Effet Faux Cils. I find it looks very natural while also lengthening and emphasizing, does not flake or smudge and lasts all day, and is easy to remove.

Gwenhwyfar, have you tried any of the colored mascaras?  Im just curious if everyones love of the maxi mascara extends to the formula of the non-black shades.

I have not. I only have the mini sizes in black. I would love the brown, but I'm not about to spend the money on a full size mascara when I rarely wear it and I have so many minis to get through!

I love Guerlain and it all started with the Meteorites. Now I fell in love with their Rouge Automatique lipsticks too and I found my perfect coral pink. I love the smell of their products 🙂

the smell of all of their products is appealing to me as well

I just ordered my first set of meteorites, do i really need their brush?  or is a nice full brush from anyone pretty much fine?

Hi buggirl, I dont have the guerlain meteorites brush. So i am using one of those dense brushes from sephora collection which works fine... 🙂

1 Reply
testing