cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Brand Loyal
|

Feedback Wanted: Sephora Collection 2021 Releases

FeedbackWanted_SC Seeding_ThreadImage_102821.png

The Beauty Insider Community partnered with Sephora Collection to give select Community members a chance to try a mix of fun new 2021 releases that span the hair, makeup, skincare, and beauty tool categories!

This thread is a place for our Community reviewers to discuss their testing experience with others. If you tried out these products, share any unboxings, swatches, or other photos you have – once you’ve left your reviews on the corresponding product pages, that is. 😊

Now, on to the exciting part! Check out the new releases that BIC members are putting to the test:

Loving these new Sephora Collection releases? After you’ve left your reviews on product pages, hit the reply button below to share your photos and honest thoughts below!

Re: Feedback Wanted: Sephora Collection 2021 Releases

Congratulations @GG84 and wishing you a speedy recovery 🌹

Hope that you are feeling better soon @GG84. Miss talking to you and hopefully the phone is fixable. Congratulations on receiving this awesome gratis package.

@GG84 Congrats on this gratis!  Wishing you speedy recovery.  Sorry to hear about your phone ☹️

@GG84 I hope your recovery goes fast and smooth!

A couple updates: 

Brush 99: Tried it tonight with the Velvet Cream Blushes. I applied 2 blush shades with the brush alone (didn’t apply with fingers first), using my usual "stamp/stipple first, then sweep/blend” blush technique. Folks who apply blush the way I typically do will like brush 99. It’s very soft, yet dense enough to easily pick up and lay down product using this technique. Its smallish size and flat tapered shape make it ideal for comfy stamping. I purposely chose a blush shade I could apply in just one layer and a different shade that’d need building up, and I had no problems with either application using this brush. I need to try it with powder blushes next. 

Anyone whose usual cream blush application technique is sweeping product across the cheeks without stamping/stippling first might find the 99 challenging. I’m not sure it can evenly blend creams properly that way. Eh, probably depends on the product used: I think this brush might work well with more liquidy products (without stamping/stippling). I might try to apply a tinted moisturizer with it soon. 

If this brush had a shorter handle, I’d consider it for my travel kit. Synthetic brushes are great for travel, especially since they wash up easily on the go and can generally take a good amount of abuse. But I'll definitely use it at home. 

Velvet Cream Blush, Candied palette: I’ve only tried 2 shades so far and haven’t given them full-day wear tests yet. I started with the Candied palette because I wanted to see how those shades would work on someone within my “medium deep" skin tone range. (I already expect the Spiced palette to work well on my skin tone and deeper.) Blush shade 4 (bottom right corner of palette) is a shimmer shade and looks naturally subtly glowy on me in warm lighting. My indoor photos don’t do the shimmer/sheen justice… if only I had some good natural warm daylight for photos lately. Anyway, I built shade 4 up on one cheek using 3 layers. Shade 3 (bottom left corner of palette) is more impactful as a single layer on my other cheek. 

Skin tone reference: my foundation range is Lancome Dual Finish Powder Foundation shades 440 Bisque C to 420 Bisque N. 

No makeup except the Sephora cream blushes because I was in the middle of making naan at the time. :DNo makeup except the Sephora cream blushes because I was in the middle of making naan at the time. 😄

These blushes are gorgeous on you, @WinglessOne!! Thank you for the reviews!! 

Also, now I want Naan. Noms. 

Thank you @haleyvvvv ! 

The colors look stunning on you! 

Thank you @BengalTigress !

Making naan, @WinglessOne 😋?

@eshoe  I make it often! Naan and challah are my absolute favorite breads. ❤️ Surprisingly, I've never made challah from scratch. Naan's so easy and tasty, it's the only bread I make at home (well, aside from banana or zucchini bread). 😄 

Well, if it’s easy…would you care to share your recipe, @WinglessOne 😄 

@eshoe  Sure! I'll message you. Hey, are you the one who also asked me for my japchae recipe a while back? I remember someone did... I'll include that too. 🙂

Thank you, @WinglessOne! It looks easy enough, now I just need to figure out what will taste best with it😋

No, I wasn’t, but I just might have to try that recipe, too;)

You look stunning! @WinglessOne 

Thank you @idanyd !

@WinglessOne the colors look nice on you (and you're making naan?  I'm impressed, lol).

Thanks @CookieGirl1 and @blackkitty2014 ! I applied blush while waiting for dough to rise. Naan is easy to make, as long as your oven (broiler, really) or stovetop skillet/griddle gets hot enough and you don't over-ambitiously try to stretch loaves to too big a shape. You don't even need to use yeast—you can use baking soda + baking powder instead, if you hate waiting for the rise—but I like my naan chewy-yeasty. Plus, I can do other things during the rise, like prep other dishes or, you know, play with makeup. 😄 

Wait what you can test out new products while making naan? Amazing @WinglessOne. I love naan . Great review 

I was so excited to receive this awesome gift!! Thank you @TeamBIC  for including me in this gratis!!! I am very thankful for stumbling upon this family and my heart is full of gratitude to have gotten the chance to crest friendships with all the lovely’s on BIC. 

C5CCA155-74FD-4ECE-ABE1-8A528274F164.jpeg

First product I tried when I got this box was the blush and the blush brush. I had been hoping since I tried SEPHORA COLLECTION Clean Bouncy Eyeshadow Palette Dragonfly  that a blush would follow in this line. I tried the spice palette first and mixed the two dark colours and put them on my cheeks. The blush was easily blended with the SEPHORA COLLECTION PRO Blush Brush #99  and looked so good. I love cream blushes. I think they leave a great natural look. 

Next I tried the SEPHORA COLLECTION Vegan Makeup Remover and Cleansing Brush  which I also loved. I was nervous it might be to harsh but I was surprised that the bristles are soo soft the silicone was also very gentle on my skin. I was using just a small silicone cleanser tool before but I’m definitely converting to this brush only. I love how my skin feels extra clean. 

5B6C2792-3E6A-4614-A71C-2F87AF250065.jpeg

I will update again once I’ve tried the mask and the ACV. 

Congratulations 🎉🎉 @ather 

14 Replies
Conversation Stats
Photos105
  • FeedbackWanted_SC Seeding_ThreadImage_102821.png
  • 7BE21702-DDE2-4CCE-A39C-787301F2858F.jpeg
  • A360D2CD-5019-4F0C-ABEC-84856031FF14.jpeg
  • 0440286A-AD94-422F-A7D9-76AA072CA5AD.jpeg
  • 8B97BC3E-058D-420B-88A0-D52D7601AF4E.jpeg
  • E8191C06-9143-4E52-8C2C-D2BD58411928.jpeg
  • 83F4485A-77FF-4EE6-AF2A-495B9B7B3DF0.jpeg