Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Brand Loyal
|

Do we seriously not have a thread dedicated to all things Giorgio Armani?

I ran across a gorgeous GA product today and realized, we don't have a thread dedicated to all things Giorgio Armani! Well we do now. GA is far too popular a brand not to have it's own, devoted domain. 

Here's the thread's official muse... 

upload_3326013237857863890.jpg

The unique shade combo is what caught my eye (as well as the inlay, obvs.), then the swatches sealed the deal for me.

upload_5507649306313438526.jpg

upload_8924222247023253336.jpg

Originally released as a LE eye "palette" (Organica Palette Yeux) in Fall 2014, it appears to be permanent, or at least re-released, and available on GA's website. It sure is priced as if it's LE - $88US. 

upload_174054182728953634.gifupload_2177967760338307795.gif

upload_6867245687440313819.gif

Re: Do we seriously not have a thread dedicated to all things Giorgio Armani?

These are gorgeous! 

I knew it wouldn't take you long to chime in!

One of these days I will have to get my hands on flannel. It piqued my interest since the formula was announced. Do you like blending these out with your fingers or a brush? And how do you like working with them when it comes to blending them with powders or other creams. 

I've really come to love nonpowder eyeshadows, but I feel like I never have the time in the morning to play around and figure out the best order to apply a combination of different formats

Just jumping in, but I bough flannel during the Spring sale last year and I have been using it most days since. I will sometimes put a powder transition shade in the crease and then put flannel all over the lid and blend up and have no issues doing this. I have only ever blended it out with a brush (Hakuhodo round, white goat, crease brushes of various sizes) and have good results. I LOVE these but the holiday ones from this year were shimmer fallout city so not all shades are created equal. 

You really should! I find the Armani ones to be REALLY easy to work with. I blend them out with my fingers. I've even worn a couple together. They're the easiest thing to wear that I own :x

I have the same issue... I'm afraid of how quickly they would set before I figured out where and how to blend them LOL ... powder feels safer 😉

I did buy the Eyes To Kill Silk Eyeshadow in the shade 11 White Punch and I probably use it every single day. I think it looks very similar to the Gold Ashes swatch above but it's a powder... a very silky creamy feeling powder. If my eye look turns out different than I want I just tap some of his powder on top of my lid and VOILA everything is fixed 🙂 OR if my eye look turns out just fine I still tap some on anyway because it's just SO PRETTY 😄

The liquid blush is one of the best products on the market today....

Glad you started this thread!

Do you have any of them meganlisa? Do they just apply with fingers, similar to a cream?

etscore1, because the Fusion blush is just slightly thicker in consistency than Maestro foundations, a conservative application can be tricky using a brush. I get the best result by applying with fingers in a tapping motion. If you are worried about too much pigment, a.k.a. clown cheek syndrome, you may mix a tiny drop of the blush with any liquid or cream foundation to get a more diluted cream blush.

And to be perfectly honest, even the dropper dispenses too much product for my taste. A gentle tap along the bottle opening, where product inevitably collects, will give you more than enough color per application. 🙂

I have two: 500 and 300 (in the swatches).  They have a texture similar to a lighter foundation formula.  And they're almost impossible to use up as they're so pigmented I only need a tiny drop per cheek.  Lovely natural flush.

ga1.jpgga2.jpg

Are you able to sheer those out pretty easily? More often than not I don't even wear blush thanks to the "natural flush" (read: redness) I've been so graciously blessed with on my cheeks. 

But those colors are amazing 😮

They sheer out beautifully.  Very natural and buildable.  I wanted the colors to show in the swatch.

Among the prettiest blushes I own.

Don't mean to be an enabler..but I did get it when it was limited edition. (The SA threw in a ton of deluxe samples which made the price hurt a little less). I only buy high end eye shadows and this is hands down the creamiest and most blendable eye shadow palette I own. The colors are unique and go gorgeously together. I also use the golden color on its own all the time. They're just the perfect amount of shimmer and it's completely effortless to use it because of how gorgeously it blends.

Again, don't mean to be an enabler but it's an amazing palette. 😉

Well bless your enabling heart. 🙂 

I, for one, am not entirely put off by the pattern, but having just discovered it yesterday, am going to wait to see if it sticks with me for a little while. $88 is a bit much for an impulse buy.

Good ones etscore. 'Joey' is good, but 'Old Christine' is freakin' Priceless!! Still bummed they cancelled that show 😞 I loved JLD in that, but then again, I think she's great in everything, that role was special though. So good. Episodes with Wanda Sykes, even better! 😂

Please tell me you watch VEEP? It's. amazing.

Ah, yes!  The trypophobia palette! 😛 I had forgotten about this...The colors look lovely but I had to pass on this one since someone mentioned that the pattern reminded them of "diseased tissue." 

It's sort of like a little Rorschach test...Some people see leaves, some see coral, some see diseased tissue. 😉

MotherF'er... ugh... I was going to say that I don't know what's more disgusting, that thought or the price tag. At least the inlay would rub off after use... 

By way of apology, I'll leave the cute monkey highlighter here (from thehappysloths):

Oh man, I'll never be able to look at that palette the same way again, but maybe that's a good thing, since I have no business buying it. Tell the person who said this that I said thanks, I think. Are my eyeballs scarred for life? The more I look, the more I cringe!

So stop looking blockhead! Rubber-necking.

Just thought I should mention here: kssweetheart, if this palette is making you cringe, do NOT google trypophobia.

Seriously. 

lol I'm happy I "helped"...And sorry at the same time. Smiley Embarassed

63 Replies
Conversation Stats
Photos24
  • upload_6867245687440313819.gif
  • upload_174054182728953634.gif
  • upload_2177967760338307795.gif
  • upload_3326013237857863890.jpg
  • upload_5507649306313438526.jpg
  • upload_8924222247023253336.jpg
  • image.jpeg
  • ga1.jpg