Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Brand Loyal
|

Do we seriously not have a thread dedicated to all things Giorgio Armani?

I ran across a gorgeous GA product today and realized, we don't have a thread dedicated to all things Giorgio Armani! Well we do now. GA is far too popular a brand not to have it's own, devoted domain. 

Here's the thread's official muse... 

upload_3326013237857863890.jpg

The unique shade combo is what caught my eye (as well as the inlay, obvs.), then the swatches sealed the deal for me.

upload_5507649306313438526.jpg

upload_8924222247023253336.jpg

Originally released as a LE eye "palette" (Organica Palette Yeux) in Fall 2014, it appears to be permanent, or at least re-released, and available on GA's website. It sure is priced as if it's LE - $88US. 

upload_174054182728953634.gifupload_2177967760338307795.gif

upload_6867245687440313819.gif

Re: Do we seriously not have a thread dedicated to all things Giorgio Armani?

New shade in Intimate I purchased directly from Armani Beauty 

IMG_7554.jpeg

IMG_7553.jpeg

RE: Do we seriously not have a thread dedicated to all things Giorgio Armani?

Spoiler
test

Glad to bump this thread!   I love to look at the Armani Eye Tints!   I need to explore the Armani universe...:)

Bumping this thread! I'm wondering if the Eyes to Kill silk eye shadows are being discontinued. Suddenly there is only shade left on the US site as I type this. I had heard some rumblings elsewhere on the web that these were going to be dc'ed by Armani in favor of their Eye Tints.

I bought the shade Sweet Fire somewhat recently and really, really like it (except for the price tag). When I saw they were gone from the Sephora site, I bit the bullet and went over to GA's site and picked up three since they're having a 20% off sale. I had been wanting more shades in this formula and if they were to be gone forever I would regret it.

Does anybody have any insight about how Lasting Silk shade numbers compare to their counterparts in Luminous Silk?

You'd think the internet could provide this answer, but I cannot, for the life of me, find an answer to this question.

etscore1, I contacted Armani last week about this very subject.  The rep told me they really try to make the shades interchangeable between the formulas.

I love the CC cream in shade 2; I'm hoping one of the foundations matches it closely.

Thanks @Ispend2much6

Me too! I'm a 2 in Luminessence CC cream and a 4 in the Luminous Silk. The Portland Nordstrom I visited last weekend had Lasting Silk on display, so I tested a couple. Lasting Silk is pretty close, but but maybe a tiny touch lighter, though some claim it oxidizes a bit due to SPF, so it might bring it even closer to Luminous Silk.

I ended up purchasing 4 in the Lasting Silk and have been really pleased. I actually like the match from the Luminessence CC cream the best out of all three, and it really does provide pretty good coverage for a CC cream. The Luminous Silk might be the tiniest bit dark, but the natural flush on my cheeks makes going lighter pretty much a non-option.

I'm so glad to hear that!  I ordered a 4 in both.  And, after trying a sample of the powder, I'm sure you can guess what happened...It really makes the pores look smaller.

Those darn lipsticks were the gateway drug here!

Hey you GA lovers, have any of you tried the Rouge Ecstasy lipsticks? I've been eyeing them of late and was wondering about the hydration and staying power. Am looking for a sheer, comfortable lip product that has some staying power. Not averse to re-applying, but not like 20 times an hour! 🙂

I love them!  I have 2.  They have an interesting texture that I really like.  Very smooth.  Probably lasts a few hours before needing to reapply depending on the Shade.  400 leaves a nice red tint as it fades.  My coral shade fades a bit faster 

They're gorgeous but some of the lighter shades can be quite sheer and not wear so well.  But they're so pretty!

@mpas, @meganlisa: could you guys swatch a few please? Any coral, peachy or pink shades - those that are good for everyday wear? Thanks in advance!

@geekbeauty  Here.  400 is a classic red, more pigmented than it looks here.

110, 302, 304, 400, 509, 601, 602

rouge.jpeg

Armani recently launched the Prive line. Have any of you tried any of them? Any preview/suggestion, I'm all ear 😉 I'm loving this one so far.

image.jpeg

For what it's worth - Armani Eye Tint in Flannel

image.jpeg

These are seriously the easiest thing to apply. I put on my primer, then applied Flannel by touching the applicator directly to my eyelid, and blended out with my fingers. I usually stop there, but today added a subtle transition shade to my crease and outer corner - MUFE I-544. 

I just realized that MUFE I544 is another one I had written down as a decent Birthday Suit dupe. Love this color combo.

Swatches of Flannel:

Top is normal swatch, bottom is blended out.

image.jpeg

I don't find it to be metallic blended out so much as just beautifully iridescent. Like Tom Ford, Armani seems to do "fun" in a really elegant and grown up way.

Also, necessary puppy photo bomb is necessary.

image.jpeg

Gatsby! You attention ho! ❤️

Violet, but yes 😛 ❤️ (Gatsby made an appearance in the next frame ;))

11 Replies
Conversation Stats
Photos24
  • upload_6867245687440313819.gif
  • upload_174054182728953634.gif
  • upload_2177967760338307795.gif
  • upload_3326013237857863890.jpg
  • upload_5507649306313438526.jpg
  • upload_8924222247023253336.jpg
  • image.jpeg
  • ga1.jpg
  • ga2.jpg