Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Brand Loyal
|

Chanel Updates

Share some pics, news, what are your 'must haves' for Chanel releases coming up?

Share your Chanel finds, reviews and loves!

Re: Chanel Updates

Glad if it helped @TraceyEB tho I wished it was less coppery too. We can live without! I bet she did a beautiful look, I’ll have to check it out. She really always kills it doesn’t she. I know Cuivre is so good on you!  I only got the 89 lip laque ombré. It’s got prettiest shimmer effect , I’ll have to swatch it. Oh also one of the Chanel SAs told me the US isn’t getting the tweed blush! What!! Will you get it in Canada? Have you heard this?! Noooooo. 😢 Hope not true! 

@Sunnysmom, I have not heard that the US isn't getting the tweed blushes. Yikes!! I'll ask my SA in Canada when I'm there next month. She told me there were no tweed blushes in the training they received on releases to the end of the year. Yes, please swatch of the Laque 89; it's on my maybe list.

@Sunnysmom - This palette has not been on my list.  However, I'm glad the colors are not the super gold shades many of the swatches, including your SA, appeared to be.  These colors are very pretty if I were feeling the love. 💔  Thanks for sharing!

Same @Titian06 , seems like it’s somewhere in between super gold and more subdued as in some swatches. Great for some I’m sure, just glad I can have some will power ! 🤦🏻‍♀️

Just watched a couple of the YT videos and the only thing that's really catching my eye is Brun Lunaire lippie - I don't know if I should be happy that it saves my wallet or not lol.

@niki172, that lipstick caught my eye as well! I'm not feeling this collection but the gift sets have caught my eye this year.

@niki172 HAHA same. I was originally thinking the eye palette as well but I think ow it is a skip. But yes Brun Lunaire will be mine! LOl

I love her @TraceyEB , she’s so fun. I was so surprised to see swatches from my SA that look soooo gold. It changed my mind about the eye quad sadly. Beautiful for a shiny holiday look for sure tho! I agree with a bunch of these guys reviewing them who say it looked very different from photos that were released! I think I’m just trying one of the liquid lips and the Or Rose highlighter. You? The oil looks really cool @blackkitty2014 ! 

Edit to add my SA’s paw swatch of the eye quad. 

DB8DE5DD-C5F6-4B43-A914-0C763F8E158A.jpeg

@Sunnysmom, the term "paw swatch" had me in tears. 🤣 Your SA swatches look like an entirely different eyeshadow palette! I can closely dupe the quad with CT's Queen of Glow and Icons palettes and OR Rose via Bobbi Brown LE highlighters and I suspect the new Copper Glow would be close to Cuivre Dore. My best match to Cuivre Dore is a Wayne Goss blush/highlighter duo in Bright Peony, which only works on me when the copper highlighter is mixed with the raspberry blush, a trick Wayne showed. Also, part of me just doesn't want an oversized highlighter. That gigantic holiday CT Hollywood Glow highlighter was 11.5 oz and Chanel's is 15/16g. The oil/gel look tempting but I think I'll pick up a lipstick and save for tweed blushes.

🤣😘 @TraceyEB somehow I had to also clarify that that wasn’t my paw. 😂 Isn’t it nutty how different all of these swatches appear?! I’m going to go see for myself today. If I can get a decent pic I’ll take it. My SA said he suspected the others just didn’t capture the true metallic super shiny elements that this quad has. So the important sleuthing must be done. 🧐 I think Cuivre could be a good compromise for any of us wanting less gold and rather “pumpkin” tones even. I just love that WG, he’s so clever at showing all the tricks! 🥰 You will have great options vs this one. We can live without it I’m certain!  I really also want to see that ginormous highlighter /powder/whatever hybrid it is! But also, yes to all the tweed blushes! I need that C Chase “this is crazy this is crazy” meme about now. Too lazy to look it up. 😆

@Sunnysmom, have you seen the Rouge Allure Laque 89? I think that’s a shade you’d love. 

I did @itsfi and that’s what I got! You know me too well. 🥰 What about you?! I thought I would want a few of the others but I think too warm for me. My wallet is very happy tho! 

Aaaahhh good! 👍🏼 The minute I saw that shade being swatched, I thought “@Sunnysmom!!” It’s your holiday red! ♥️ Most of Chanel’s holiday collection this year seems to run on the warmer side, to my eye at least. Okay by me as I have some catching up to do with past purchases and the few things I’ve already picked up this month. I went with 88 in the Laque formula; wasn’t intending to, but … 

Oh yes @itsfi that’s such a beautiful shade for you! I loved it on everyone but knew too light. Phew. 🥹 Still wanted 817 or 827 but also very warm , do you agree? 

@TraceyEB @Sofia is sooo cute. I think she has the best look with holiday quad. I’m such a sucker for Chanel body oils. Tempting hoard both holiday body oil/gel 🌹👌

@blackkitty2014, let us know if you pick up the oil and/or gel! I like how Sofia applies makeup and how she presents  comparisons. I get lost by endless swatches down one's arm that may not be as discriminating shade-wise as they could be.

@TraceyEB  My SA sent me the no5 body oil by mistake. I have it at the moment unopened. Debating if I should return or keep it. Coco body gel is on route. Should get to me soon. If I decide to keep no5, I’d definitely will compare them. I might return no5 since I have 2 Les Beiges body oils. 😂🤣 How many body oils does 1 need? 🤣😂

@blackkitty2014, I am insanely jealous that you have 2 Les Beiges body oils! That gem is my purchase of the year, well influenced by your lovely description of it. 😘 Let us know how you find the one(s) you decide to keep!

Hey It's Jackeline just did a YT video on the holiday eye quad and highligters.

Are you getting anything @Winthrop44 ? 

@Sunnysmom Possibly Laque #88 but not sure.

6,180 Replies
testing