Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Brand Loyal
|

Chanel Updates

Share some pics, news, what are your 'must haves' for Chanel releases coming up?

Share your Chanel finds, reviews and loves!

Re: Chanel Updates

@blackkitty2014 I'm sorry the mascara didn't work out I hope you can return in. Thanks for helping me make up my mind I didn't know the price but you're right $23 for a piece of fabric is insane. I heard the new Guerlain mascara is very good if you're in the market.

if you’re not feeling it, i say don’t purchase it. maybe someone on ebay will sell the pouch by itself or you can make your own! i thought i was going to purchase the mascara, but it’s now ultimately a no. i will purchase the purple tweed and sheer is my thing. but if you dont like sheer, its ok! i’m sure there will more special collections in the future!! maybe a green or blue tweed palette. if worse case scenario you purchased it and dont like it, you can maybe resell it???? and just keep the pouch????? 😕 

idk if it will help, but maybe lightly wetting the eyeshadow brush and applying the eyeshadow will provide more pigment?????

Happy Friday everyone! I know some folks here have sales associates they work with directly. If you do not and are looking to get your hands on the new eyeshadow quads, just wanted to share that the 58 Intensite quad is available now on the Chanel website.

@itsfi I always wonder about this... as someone no where near a counter and is likely too awkward in person to cultivate that type of relationship... do you (or anyone else here) find an advantage to dealing with a sales associate in lieu of waiting to order online?  Am I missing out?  Should I make cold calls to counters? lol

That’s a good question @missjeanie! I don’t know if there’s an extra benefit from working with an SA (versus ordering online) that to me makes it more preferred or makes me think it’s a “must have”. Some SAs throw in extra samples but over the last 3 years, I’ve tried to keep my samples to a minimum just so I don’t have so much stuff. Also, I’ve received some significant extras from online orders randomly so for me, the extras are not a factor.

I worked with the same SAs now as I did pre-pandemic. Pre-pandemic, I would work with them because I went into the store once and they were helpful, went above and beyond and or had really good customer service, so I continued to work with them and in some past years, it was convenient for me to work with an SA - I worked a ton and it was easier to just email what I wanted and then have that taken care of, and from someone who knew about my tastes and preferences.

Coming out of the pandemic, I’ve continued to work with SAs for a couple of reasons - some is the convenience of working with someone who has an idea of what I’m looking for or that I like. Another reason for me is that some of my SAs work on commission and for me, if I’m going to purchase a product already and I can get them that commission, I do.

It can be nice to have a SA to work with but I wouldn’t say it’s a must have.

P.S. I don’t think you are awkward let alone “too awkward.” You’re one of the most gregarious and engaging people I know. If, and it’s a big if, you are awkward, well, it would be so great if we were all that awkward! 🤗

@itsfi Ohhh I never thought about the commission angle for the SA.  That's an excellent point.  I also like the idea of someone knowing if a lipstick or shadow will pull too warm for my liking etc etc.  Hm.... Maybe I'll start to keep an eye out next time I'm at a counter for someone who seems like my kind of people.  Might be worth keeping an eye out, but now I don't feel like I've been missing out on some secret society lol.

@missjeanie I had an SA pre-pandemic and it was nice in that I could get heads up on launch dates or have things put aside.  during COVID she moved on and I don’t have one anymore. In truth though, with the internet beauty community I often knew about things before she did and was mostly asking when things would come out 🤣

I haven’t missed out on anything that I wanted to buy having to fend for myself. For the most part I’d say it can be beneficial if you like the little ‘extras’ that an SA might include with purchases like samples or mini perfume or whatnot. But if that stuff doesn’t matter to you then you’re not missing out, IMO

@missjeanie - I don't have any counters or SAs near me either.  I don't feel like I'm missing anything.  On the other hand, I am envious that some people have this opportunity.  However, if I miss out on something, I figure it just wasn't meant to be.

@Titian06 my SA is a 4 hour drive from my house and she'll send me pics and even swatches of stuff on paper (you know those face charts) before I buy if I ask her to. If you'd like I can send you a PM with her contact info - she's a very nice lady.

That's very sweet of you, @niki172 ! 😘  I'm fine with the way things are.  It keeps me on the straight and narrow! 😁

It’s currently back on Nordstrom too guys! @itsfi @Titian06 

Thanks, @Sunnysmom !  I saw in the ingredients list that two or three of the colors (I don't remember) "may" contain carmine.  May?  Don't they know?  They listed the ingredients for each color; not one generic list.  As a vegan, this palette is now off my list. 😪  There are other reds that the company can use that are not animal derived.  I'm still looking at Tweed 4.  Hopefully that one will come through!

🙈 oh no @Titian06 . 😞

Thanks, @itsfi ! 💖💖💖  Did you order it?

@Titian06, no, I didn't order this one. I posted about it in case someone was interested in picking it up but didn't work with a consultant directly. I'm planning to pick up a palette from the tweed collection, and hoping 🤞 that that will be it for me for eye shadow palettes for the year though I'm not sure how that will work out since fall / winter collections are usually ones I gravitate towards.

I picked up the quad Intensite this weekend at the Bloomingdales Chanel counter in Chicago. They just got the collection in (the display wasn't even set up). The Chanel counter in Nordstrom did not have the Fall Collection but was taking pre-orders for the tweed collection launching Sept 1 (quantities limited to one of each quad).

That's great, @TraceyEB ! 🥳

I bet it’ll be so beautiful on you @TraceyEB ! 🥰

@TraceyEB, hurrah!! Intensite looks beautiful. So happy you got your hands on it. 

Hi everyone!  Could anyone tell me which Joues Contraste blush is more pink- Rose Ecrin, or Rose Initiale?  Thank you!

i have pink explosion its my favorite also rose ruban. (cool tone pink lover here)

6,197 Replies
testing